Does sico or Cil paint have anything good - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 12 Old 12-30-12, 03:15 PM
Senior Shackster
Tig

My System
Re: Does sico or Cil paint have anything good

I'm back! Sorry it's taken so long. My wife and I now have a 5 week old daughter and I was scrambling to get the house renovations at a state that we'd be ready to host family Christmas here. Hectic, but exciting!

I was able to get some fresh drywall delivered, primed, painted, and hastily mounted in time for Christmas day. I set the screen and projector up in the general entertaining area of the basement since the dedicated theatre isn't ready and has become a storage room for baby paraphernalia at the moment... I'll provide details of screen size and distances soon, haven't measured things out yet. I literally grabbed a short filing cabinet, plopped it in the centre of the floor and adjusted the projector zoom to fill the screen (and adjusted its focus). The first movie played on my projector was Home Alone, and both the movie and picture quality were a hit with my wife's family and I. No remorse about using Snowfield paint!

Just need to test it out with a movie more deserving of the big screen, now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 12-30-12, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Re: Does sico or Cil paint have anything good

Quote:
CdnTiger wrote: View Post
I'm back! Sorry it's taken so long. My wife and I now have a 5 week old daughter and I was scrambling to get the house renovations at a state that we'd be ready to host family Christmas here. Hectic, but exciting!

I was able to get some fresh drywall delivered, primed, painted, and hastily mounted in time for Christmas day. I set the screen and projector up in the general entertaining area of the basement since the dedicated theatre isn't ready and has become a storage room for baby paraphernalia at the moment... I'll provide details of screen size and distances soon, haven't measured things out yet. I literally grabbed a short filing cabinet, plopped it in the centre of the floor and adjusted the projector zoom to fill the screen (and adjusted its focus). The first movie played on my projector was Home Alone, and both the movie and picture quality were a hit with my wife's family and I. No remorse about using Snowfield paint!

Just need to test it out with a movie more deserving of the big screen, now...
Congratulations on your new born, I've been there two times, and I know it's a lot of work.

Hey, funny you write back today, because I to was very busy also, and I just finished painting my second coat of primer about one hour ago. I went for 108" diagonal , and I decided that I" m going to paint the screen with shirwin Williams pro classic extra white from the projector central review.

I'm feeling I little scared that I might loose a little bit of dept compared to my grey screen, but the brightness of the whites and the better colors have me very anxious, i can't wait to see how it looks. Well I already had the paint so no big loss if I"m not happy with it. I'll just have to paint it over again. My Epson 8500 is in a dark room with very good light control.

I'll watch a couple of movies and I'll post back my thoughts.

What screen were you using before this setup. And how happy are you with your Epson 8500. And also how would you compare the snowfield with what you had before.

Your snowfield was done with witch paint?
Thanks

Last edited by tank; 12-30-12 at 10:41 PM.