shaking cream and sugar - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-16-13, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Shackster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: berkley, mi
Posts: 14
shaking cream and sugar

my buddy works at a sherwin williams store, would it be beneficial to take my cream and sugar mix to the store and have them shake it good before i use it?

thanks
dave currier
dcgrinch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 03-16-13, 04:18 PM
Elite Shackster
 
robbo266317's Avatar
bigbadbill
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newcastle Australia
Posts: 5,771
Re: shaking cream and sugar

It certainly wouldn't hurt. Those shakers do a great job of mixing.

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

DIY completed:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
robbo266317 is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 03-16-13, 05:38 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Don
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central PA
Posts: 3,772
Re: shaking cream and sugar

Quote:
dcgrinch wrote: View Post
my buddy works at a sherwin williams store, would it be beneficial to take my cream and sugar mix to the store and have them shake it good before i use it?

thanks
dave currier
The Liquitex BASICS 'Silver' paint is a bit hard to get dissolved into the base paint so it would be difficult to actually mix it too much. Since the BASICS 'Silver' isn't a true aluminum paint it would be safe to try using a commercial paint mixer, but even that might not do the job since it only shakes the paint. A drill-mounted stirring tool acts more like a kitchen egg-beater in that it has spinning blades that help break up the thicker BASICS paint into smaller particles as well as agitate the paint. Members have been known to actually use a kitchen mixer on the low setting to make C&S Ultra.
Harpmaker is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 Old 03-16-13, 11:48 PM
Elite Shackster
 
robbo266317's Avatar
bigbadbill
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newcastle Australia
Posts: 5,771
Re: shaking cream and sugar

Quote:
Harpmaker wrote: View Post
The Liquitex BASICS 'Silver' paint is a bit hard to get dissolved into the base paint so it would be difficult to actually mix it too much. Since the BASICS 'Silver' isn't a true aluminum paint it would be safe to try using a commercial paint mixer, but even that might not do the job since it only shakes the paint. A drill-mounted stirring tool acts more like a kitchen egg-beater in that it has spinning blades that help break up the thicker BASICS paint into smaller particles as well as agitate the paint. Members have been known to actually use a kitchen mixer on the low setting to make C&S Ultra.
I didn't realise that when I posted. Thanks for clarifying.

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

DIY completed:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
robbo266317 is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 03-17-13, 01:44 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Don
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central PA
Posts: 3,772
Re: shaking cream and sugar

Quote:
robbo266317 wrote: View Post
I didn't realise that when I posted. Thanks for clarifying.
No worries! The tints that paint stores use are MUCH thinner than the Liquitex BASICS paint so it's much easier to disperse them by simply shaking the paint after adding them.
Harpmaker is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cream , shaking , sugar

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now




PLEASE COMPLETE ALL REQUIRED FIELDS BELOW... THANKS!

REQUIRED FIELDS ON THIS PAGE
YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THESE

Username
Password
Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2




User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
PLEASE READ BELOW PRIOR TO ENTERING AN EMAIL ADDRESS!

ATTENTION!

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

AN INVALID EMAIL ADDRESS WILL CAUSE YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE DELETED!

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.


Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML is not allowed!
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 


For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome