Paint recommendation for Optoma HD25e (light cannon) projector. - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 69 Old 04-01-14, 05:35 AM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Re: Paint recommendation for Optoma HD25e (light cannon) projector.

Hi guys if I can ask any one of the "three musketeers" Where are you at this time in using the newer batch / mix of AAA-f with certain base paints/finishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 69 Old 04-01-14, 09:42 AM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Thanks again Mech!! And sorry to hear about Harp although id read some time ago about his difficulties I wish him and his family well!

I now wondering if I could personally get away with not using any AAA-f at all now but just go really dark grey like a graphite .

So is there a specific dedicated cinema bw mix out there using one of the white matt / vinyl or eggshell emulsions and the new AAA-F! that will give more than a 1.0 gain.............Sorry if I keep harping on no pun intended.
post #43 of 69 Old 04-01-14, 10:33 AM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Cheers for that Mech! And I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here but Martin Purnell pm'd me sending his upmost regards to you!

Plus he added that I couldn't just add the AAA-F to a straight neutral gray like "dulux gray steel 1" as it needed to be a pinky base paint before adding it...............Although he did admit he'd been out of the loop for some time and mix's etc may have changed now.

Last edited by mojogoes; 04-01-14 at 10:54 AM.

post #44 of 69 Old 04-01-14, 02:20 PM
Senior Shackster
stephen

I've just past on your greatings Mech....................So just to recap / finalise my mix to would you add the AAA to a straight dark neutral gray base paint of would you think it would be better to go darker! And leave the AAA for my friends dedicated cinema room mix.

P.S Yes I thought that was the case about the old AAA.
post #45 of 69 Old 04-01-14, 04:36 PM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Just to add!! Does anyone know of a dulux / leyland exterior dark gray paint I could use on my pull down screen which has got great adhesion so I wouldn't have to use a high adhesion primer.

Last edited by mojogoes; 04-01-14 at 04:44 PM.
post #46 of 69 Old 04-02-14, 11:37 AM
Senior Shackster
stephen

I though I'd add these instruction that after painting your screen its important to roll the screen horizontally............What to you guys think about this?
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...Hd4Xc_HIEU0IXA
post #47 of 69 Old 04-03-14, 08:51 AM
Senior Shackster
stephen

I'm a bit miffed as having taking Mech's advise which was to obtain some samples of the dulux grey steel 1 and 2 to test out on some panels taped to my screen , I've subsequently found out that here in the uk! that the sample they make up for you is not the flat matt / matt or vinyl matt finish you want but some standard finish the machine churns out................It's only when you request which ever paint in the larger quantities from 1litr upwards is the only time you can specify which finish you ask for that you actually get!!...................I wonder if this is the same for most paint shops / companies.?

Last edited by mojogoes; 04-03-14 at 08:59 AM.
post #48 of 69 Old 04-03-14, 10:37 AM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Thanks Steve for the advice once more! I think I'm now set with the paint and a lot more confident about it all now! So now comes the hard part after I test my sample....................Now where thinking about adding the 2 bottles of AAA-F with the dulux diamond matt white emulsion for a mix for a dedicated light controlled cinema room.............What do you recon Mech?

Steve.

Last edited by mojogoes; 04-03-14 at 11:18 AM.
post #49 of 69 Old 04-03-14, 03:36 PM
Senior Shackster
stephen

TICK!!!!

Do you think I'd be able to go as dark as 00NN 20/000 . . . "Grimmy's Grey" [N5.2]

Last edited by mojogoes; 04-04-14 at 08:43 AM.
post #50 of 69 Old 04-09-14, 10:52 AM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Well I've gone for the dulux grey steel 1 plus the 4.1 AAA!! and after just painted the one coat of dulux supergrip primer which I am now waiting for it to dry , i'll be putting on my first coat of grey in a little while.....................Is 3 / 4 hour enough time for the primer to dry.