Paint recommendation for Optoma HD25e (light cannon) projector. - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 69 Old 04-09-14, 01:01 PM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Re: Paint recommendation for Optoma HD25e (light cannon) projector.

Hi Mech! I waited 4 hours before painting the second coat which is the first coat of the grey steel 1 00NN 31/000!! Its funny that this used to be called icon granite in its previous life....................Like you have already mentioned , the names change but the ici numbers remain the same lol.

I will now wait until very early morning before putting on the second grey coat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 69 Old 04-09-14, 02:11 PM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Just had a little play with the pj now ive got the one coat of grey on and the blacks are great and the colours more vivid!! And my white ceiling and walls doesn't illuminate up anyway near as it did / was doing.

I am very pleased with the out come of this colour combination so its another big thanks from me to the guys who have invested there time , energy and money in coming up with this product / info ................A BIG THUMBS UP AND THANKS MECH!!

Last edited by mojogoes; 04-09-14 at 03:28 PM.
post #53 of 69 Old 04-28-14, 01:25 AM
Shackster

Quote:
mojogoes wrote: View Post
Just had a little play with the pj now ive got the one coat of grey on and the blacks are great and the colours more vivid!! And my white ceiling and walls doesn't illuminate up anyway near as it did / was doing.

I am very pleased with the out come of this colour combination so its another big thanks from me to the guys who have invested there time , energy and money in coming up with this product / info ................A BIG THUMBS UP AND THANKS MECH!!
Hi There mojogoes.

I have the same specs and I'm thinking about using the same BW combination.

What happened to your 3D brightness? Still fine or got too dark ?

Thank U.

post #54 of 69 Old 05-08-14, 12:23 AM
Shackster

Quote:
mechman wrote: View Post
Just check it before you roll the next coat. Drying time depends upon a number of factors including temperature and humidity.
Hi There mechman.

I have an optoma HD25e (120" projection) and I'm thinking about using the same BW combination (steel grey 1+AAA).

I'm going to loose to much 3D brightness? I'm gonna use it on a totally dark room.
Do you think Steel Grey 1+AAA is too dark for it ? Or Should I go for "veil" with AAA ?

Thank You.
post #55 of 69 Old 05-08-14, 10:13 AM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Hi FabioMC!! I would think that "dulux grey steel 1" I would think a little to dark for a really dark / bat-cave and I'd be more inclined to use the standard n7.5 to n9 BW which would be more on line with the "grey steel 3 or 4" neutral greys.

With either of these tints you should be fine in 3d mode and if you don't think it is bright enough in 3d! you can always switch your pj from eco to bright to make up for it if its not doing so automatically anyway.....................Also try when your watching 3d to put it into top / bottom mode which gives an even larger 3d effect.

Another setting that I am currently using when watching bd movies is to put the hd25e / hd131xe / hd25 etc into the "YUV color space" setting before making any calibrations to the brightness / contrast and cms color settings. It then allows you to be able to calibrate to get shut of the ridiculously red and over tanned faces on all characters.

Last edited by mojogoes; 05-08-14 at 10:21 AM.
post #56 of 69 Old 05-08-14, 10:31 AM
Shackster

Quote:
mechman wrote: View Post
How much does your brightness drop when viewing 3D? You've probably got a ton of lumens in 2D.
Quote:
Hi FabioMC!! I would think that "dulux grey steel 1" I would think a little to dark for a really dark / bat-cave and I'd be more inclined to use the standard n7.5 to n9 BW which would be more on line with the "grey steel 3 or 4" neutral greys.

With either of these tints you should be fine in 3d mode and if you don't think it is bright enough in 3d! you can always switch your pj from eco to bright to make up for it if its not doing so automatically anyway.....................Also try when your watching 3d to put it into top / bottom mode which gives an even larger 3d effect.

Another setting that I am currently using when watching bd movies is to put the hd25e / hd131xe / hd25 etc into the "YUV color space" setting before making any calibrations to the brightness / contrast and cms color settings. It then allows you to be able to calibrate to get shut of the ridiculously red and over tanned faces on all characters.
Thanks.
I'm using a white paint wall with black background. The sidewalls and ceiling in the last 1 meter of the room is also black.
It's just fine in 3D right now but my black level is not enjoyable for me.
post #57 of 69 Old 05-08-14, 12:14 PM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Fabio just tell me what your contrast is set to atm.
post #58 of 69 Old 05-08-14, 12:19 PM
Shackster

Quote:
Fabio just tell me what your contrast is set to atm.
Brightness: 0
Contrast: -3
post #59 of 69 Old 05-08-14, 12:38 PM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Quote:
FabioMC wrote: View Post
Brightness: 0
Contrast: -3
So this automatically tells me that your calibration is still to bright especially for a dark / bat-cave type of room.......................Just to say that at night with my walls and ceiling being painted white my contrast is set to -18 with brightness at -4 with color space on YUV and brilliant color at 4 just for starters................But just remember that these settings are not for watching tv/hd tv only bd.
post #60 of 69 Old 05-08-14, 01:19 PM
Shackster

Quote:
So this automatically tells me that your calibration is still to bright especially for a dark / bat-cave type of room.......................Just to say that at night with my walls and ceiling being painted white my contrast is set to -18 with brightness at -4 with color space on YUV and brilliant color at 4 just for starters................But just remember that these settings are not for watching tv/hd tv only bd.
My PJ is not calibrated using any tools. I just tried several settings found on those forum threads and chose the one that gave me the best PQ.

The contrast/brightness were calibrated using the basic patterns.

I've ordered an i1 Display Pro for properly calibrate my PJ.

Contrast -18 and Brighness -4 gives me a dim image. I don't use brilliant color.