Paint recommendation for Optoma HD25e (light cannon) projector. - Page 7 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #61 of 69 Old 05-08-14, 01:50 PM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Re: Paint recommendation for Optoma HD25e (light cannon) projector.

So ok firstly did you put those contrast / brightness settings in while being in the dark or not plus leaving brilliant color on 1 tints the whole of the screen a browny/pinky shade.

Have you tried YUV color space as yet?...............My pj is only calibrated using a calibration disc S/M.

Last edited by mojogoes; 05-08-14 at 02:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 Old 05-08-14, 07:50 PM
Shackster

Quote:
mojogoes wrote: View Post
So ok firstly did you put those contrast / brightness settings in while being in the dark or not plus leaving brilliant color on 1 tints the whole of the screen a browny/pinky shade.

Have you tried YUV color space as yet?...............My pj is only calibrated using a calibration disc S/M.
If select YUV in color space, the whole picture turns blue.

My system is an HTPC (hdmi-out from an Nvidia Card).
post #63 of 69 Old 05-10-14, 05:43 AM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Quote:
FabioMC wrote: View Post
If select YUV in color space, the whole picture turns blue.

My system is an HTPC (hdmi-out from an Nvidia Card).

Ok! So the YUV setting is only for playing movies from a blu ray player!! If! I even watch tv with pj or pc the YUV setting is no good and has to be switched back to either auto / 0-225 / 16-235 ............But YUV for bd player use is a much better setting as with only a calibration disc like spears and munsil plus the blue red and green filters , you can get the picture quality and colours to be much more natural looking plus the blacks are darker too!!!

post #64 of 69 Old 05-10-14, 08:39 AM
Senior Shackster
stephen

I have cms settings that if you were using a bd player would probably give you the best picture that you have seen from a hd25e even if you were using a matt white or grey BW painted wall or brightness of room / screen!! As they have been used on both with small tweaks between either.

Last edited by mojogoes; 05-10-14 at 04:19 PM.
post #65 of 69 Old 05-28-14, 11:12 AM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Well just a little update about settings with the newly painted BW manual pulldown screen! Which prompted me to delve into a more in depth look at calibration of my hd25e!!

Calibration of my pj with the S&M hd disc on my newly painted BW screen has been very fruitful!! Especially when I then added to this some settings and adjustment to the isf picture perfect on my onkyo receiver which made it possible to get very very close to the S&M standard contrast and to the red blue and green contrast box,s which before hand seemed very difficult to be able to get spot on.................but now voilą the picture looks extremely natural.
post #66 of 69 Old 05-28-14, 08:33 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Don

Quote:
mojogoes wrote: View Post
Well just a little update about settings with the newly painted BW manual pulldown screen! Which prompted me to delve into a more in depth look at calibration of my hd25e!!

Calibration of my pj with the S&M hd disc on my newly painted BW screen has been very fruitful!! Especially when I then added to this some settings and adjustment to the isf picture perfect on my onkyo receiver which made it possible to get very very close to the S&M standard contrast and to the red blue and green contrast box,s which before hand seemed very difficult to be able to get spot on.................but now voilą the picture looks extremely natural.
Cool!

Properly calibrating a projection system can make a huge difference in the projected image.
post #67 of 69 Old 06-08-14, 03:09 PM
Senior Shackster
stephen

Quote:
FabioMC wrote: View Post
Hi There mojogoes.

I have the same specs and I'm thinking about using the same BW combination.

What happened to your 3D brightness? Still fine or got too dark ?

Thank U.
Hi mech and sorry for the very long delay !! The 3d picture / brightness is fine and after going to some lengths to calibrate me pj for the darker grey steel one the 3d looked fantastic especially on the spear and munsil hd disc 3d demo section........................its quite surprising at how much brightness / lum you actually need especially when used at night even in a lightly coloured painted room.
post #68 of 69 Old 11-22-15, 10:11 AM
Patrick

My System

This one is for clark17 (if he is still around! . I'm basically looking for the exact same setup as you in terms of projector and paint. The paint situation is settled as I have followed the whole thread from beginning to end. However, as for calibrating the projector, I know you gave your calibration specs when you had the BW paint on, but not for when you put on the Valspar. I was wondering if I could get an update on your specs.

Thank you so much and thanks for asking all those questions which I now do not have to ask .

Pat.

Last edited by ICthelight; 11-22-15 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Edited username of the person I was trying to reach
post #69 of 69 Old 12-04-15, 11:06 AM
Patrick

My System

Anybody else?