Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   DIY Screens (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-screens/)
-   -   What sheen for screen, flat or matte? (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-screens/67077-what-sheen-screen-flat-matte.html)

bmfjimbo80 04-20-13 12:31 PM

What sheen for screen, flat or matte?

30 Attachment(s)
Im finally buying my screen paint tomorrow and I totally forgot to find out what sheen I should be getting. Do I use flat or matte finish? This is sherwin williams paint.

Harpmaker 04-20-13 12:55 PM

Re: What sheen for screen, flat or matte?

Quote:

bmfjimbo80 wrote: (Post 607331)
Im finally buying my screen paint tomorrow and I totally forgot to find out what sheen I should be getting. Do I use flat or matte finish? This is sherwin williams paint.

It depends on the color of the paint. For white or a light gray (N8.5 or above) you could get away with a satin finish, but some have stated the Unique Gray (N8) hot spotted for them in that finish.

For the widest viewing cone no matter the paint color I would get either flat or matte finish.

bmfjimbo80 04-22-13 06:33 PM

30 Attachment(s)
I got the "Ice Cube" in matte finish. One quart for $12.00 not bad. I'm sure i'll like it as i stated in an earlier post, I really liked the kilz primer wall screen i watched for awhile.

Harpmaker 04-23-13 08:58 AM

Quote:

bmfjimbo80 wrote: (Post 607729)
I got the "Ice Cube" in matte finish. One quart for $12.00 not bad. I'm sure i'll like it as i stated in an earlier post, I really liked the kilz primer wall screen i watched for awhile.

:T

mehtadj 04-25-13 07:32 PM

Quote:

Harpmaker wrote: (Post 607817)
:T

I have a 10 seats professional home theatre & I was told that I do not need to buy a screen but regular paint on the wall is just fine. It is a 140 inch screen. Since I am saving money on screen, I do not mind having the best quality paint for the wall. What company paint and what color would you recommend ?. I have very dark painted walls in brown color.

Yiannis1970 04-26-13 08:30 AM

Quote:

mehtadj wrote: (Post 608314)
I have a 10 seats professional home theatre & I was told that I do not need to buy a screen but regular paint on the wall is just fine. It is a 140 inch screen. Since I am saving money on screen, I do not mind having the best quality paint for the wall. What company paint and what color would you recommend ?. I have very dark painted walls in brown color.

You were told well!:)

Projector brand and model? Throwing distance?

Welcome to the forum!

mehtadj 04-26-13 03:19 PM

Quote:

mehtadj wrote: (Post 608314)

So what company paint would you recommend ? What color & what type?

Tonto 04-26-13 03:27 PM

There are "factors" that will dictate the color paint that will work best for you. That is why we need to know the model of projector, the amount of ambient light the room will have during movies and the distance from screen to projector. All these will influence the choice of paint and we are happy to help.

mehtadj 04-26-13 03:47 PM

Quote:

Tonto wrote: (Post 608540)
There are "factors" that will dictate the color paint that will work best for you. That is why we need to know the model of projector, the amount of ambient light the room will have during movies and the distance from screen to projector. All these will influence the choice of paint and we are happy to help.

We have EPSON ,absolutely no ambient light in the room & projector is 15 feet from the wall that is being used as screen.
Thank you for your valuable service.