Custom Dayton Audio Reference Build - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
 1Likes

post #11 of 15 Old 12-27-18, 04:26 PM
ryan

Re: Custom Dayton Audio Reference Build

Many of us use PA amps to power our HT subs. I have a Crown XLS-1500. Plenty of power, and affordable (~$400 for 1550W).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 12-27-18, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Owen Bartley wrote: View Post
Demitry, what an awesome addition the LEDs make. Very innovative, you should write up a how-to just on that subject (unless you want to keep your project unique), and I bet others would jump right in to do something similar. I would love to see how you did it in more detail, because they turned out amazing.
anybody know if there is a write up for this process? I would love to implement this is my sub build!
post #13 of 15 Old 12-28-18, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Shackster
Demitry

Mr. Best, for the amps...check out your local pawn shops. I have found my same sub amp for under $100. I also recently found some qsc amps for a really reasonable price. Another good web site I have used is accessories4less.com... if you don't mind referbished goods. This is where I purchased my Denon.

post #14 of 15 Old 12-28-18, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Shackster
Demitry

Quote:
brian birginal wrote: View Post
This is a great build!

I am in the designing phase of my first DIY sub build and never thought to add a beauty panel like this until I saw your set up! I think I want to give that a shot! Question though, do you notice any rattling or vibration from the neodymium magnets? I know these things are pretty strong, but are they strong enough to not rattle the front
beauty panel when sub is pumping out some volume?

Thanks!
I haven't had any rattling problems, just make sure the beauty board sits flush against the box. I used two stacked magnets of each corner And one attached to the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Dayton Audio Reference Build-mvimg_20181228_115533_1546023377459.jpg  

post #15 of 15 Old 01-01-19, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Demitryk wrote: View Post
I haven't had any rattling problems, just make sure the beauty board sits flush against the box. I used two stacked magnets of each corner And one attached to the box.
Awesome! Thanks for the reply! I will strongly consider a beauty panel in my build. Makes everything that much cleaner and 'finished'