Madisound becomes Sponsor at HTS - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 17 Old 12-06-12, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Madisound becomes Sponsor at HTS

I know most of our DIY members and readers are very familiar with Madisound. We are excited to announce they are now an official sponsor of Home Theater Shack.

Madisound Speaker Components, Inc is a private employee-owned company located in Middleton, Wisconsin USA. Madisound offers a variety of electrical components and engineering services pertaining to loudspeaker design and construction. Madisound provides loudspeakers and advice to both retail and wholesale customers worldwide.

Company History
Madisound began as a small franchise of Lafayette Radio Electronics Corporation, established in 1972 by Lawrence Hitch in Madison Wisconsin USA. Madisound began as a modest electronics service facility and continued to expand into distribution. Early loudspeaker brands distributed by Madisound included Amperex (Phillips), Polydax (Audax), Becker, Dynaudio, Kef, Peerless, Seas and JVC. Madisound is now considered one of the major sources for individual loudspeaker parts, globally.

In 2001, Madisound reorganized as an S-Corporation giving the employees joint-ownership.

Madisound was one of the first companies to host a dedicated discussion forum. On Madisound's Audio Projects BBS, they used to archive the messages posted on another BBS, called The Audiophile Network, which at the time was being run on an Apple IIe. The "message area" was basically just a long text file where new messages were simply appended to the end. People would phone it from all over the world at 300, 1200 and 2400 baud and download small box and crossover design programs.

Madisound has been a source for and engaged participant in the DIY speaker community for over 35 years.

Madisound has a lot to offer:
  • They sell raw speaker drivers, speaker building supplies, speaker cabinets, and crossover supplies. More.
  • They offer a speaker replacement service so you can replace broken or damaged speakers. More.
  • They offer design assistance to help new audio enthusiasts build their own speaker project. Just call or email us. More.
  • They offer speaker kits for those new to speaker building, and those wanting to build a known and well-designed project. More.
  • They offer crossover design and crossover assembly as services. More.
Please join me in welcoming Madisound as a new sponsor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-06-12, 12:33 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System
Re: Madisound becomes Sponsor at HTS

Very nice! Welcome to HTS!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #3 of 17 Old 12-06-12, 12:53 PM
Elite Shackster

Luther

My System

Welcome Madisound! Nice to see a familiar face around here.

~There are many roads to nirvana, while the ultimate goal is the destination, don't forget to enjoy the ride~

post #4 of 17 Old 12-06-12, 01:04 PM
Senior Shackster

Brandon

My System

Welcome to HTS!
post #5 of 17 Old 12-06-12, 01:25 PM
Elite Shackster

bigbadbill

That is good news!

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

DIY completed:

post #6 of 17 Old 12-06-12, 01:33 PM
Elite Shackster
HTS Moderator Emeritus

Anthony

Awesome. My first DIY speaker project was my original NHT 1259 subwoofer -- purchased from Madisound about 13 years ago.
post #7 of 17 Old 12-06-12, 01:35 PM
Elite Shackster

Mike

Welcome to HTS! We're glad to have you as one of our sponsors!

We're all in this together!

post #8 of 17 Old 12-06-12, 02:03 PM
Senior Shackster

Greg

My System

Yeah, Hello and Welcome! Man I've been hearing this name for awhile. In fact I am going to ask some one of you at Madisound about designing a crossover for me..., as soon as.....

Welcome to all of you at Madisound, men and women alike. I believe you will enjoy the company around here. Lot's of like minded people. Hope you all have some fun too.

We believe everything we tell ourselves..., don't we??
post #9 of 17 Old 12-06-12, 02:38 PM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

Welcome to HTS, Madisound. What a great company history, I love that they had an online discussion forum before most people knew what a computer was. Great to see another big name in the industry join us here at The Shack.

- OJ -

post #10 of 17 Old 12-06-12, 03:42 PM
Elite Shackster

Silly Girl!

A very warm welcome, Madisound. Glad to have you with us!

Hug your pet today!