Zaph Audio ZA5.3t (Madisound) Build - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 35 Old 04-15-14, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System
Zaph Audio ZA5.3t (Madisound) Build

I'm in the prep stages of building a pair of Zaph ZA5.3t small towers. I originally was looking at the ZA5.2's but my wife really likes the look of towers and they'll fit the room we'll have when we move as planned (downsizing).

All I have so far is a few supplies on order (circle jig and some router bits) and a Sketchup model of the enclosure. I have the tools to do rabbets and dados on my table saw so the model reflects that intent. I've attached the Sketchup Make 2014 file for those that can open it and a PDF for everyone else.

Links to posts with Uploads, Pics, and such:

Cut Sheet

Crosscut sled: Pic - Sketchup Model - First Construction Post - Second Construction Post {Addendum 4/22/2014} - Third Construction Post {Addendum 4/22/2014}

Updated Cut Sheet

Terminal Cup Used

Kit from Madisound [unboxed]

Build - First Cuts Notches for the sides. Long edge rabbets End rabbets and dadoes Terminal Cup and Port Baffle

Baffle Template & Crossover Placement

7.1 System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Center - Infinity Video 1
Surrounds -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)

Content source - WDTV Live Hub Media Server

Last edited by GCG; 05-12-14 at 11:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 04-15-14, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System
Re: Zaph Audio ZA5.3t (Madisound) Build

A little correction; the round over on the base is 1/2".

7.1 System

Surrounds -
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)

post #3 of 35 Old 04-15-14, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System

Somehow the base was moved out of position in the model. That has been corrected as well as the round-over (1/4 vs. 1/2) issue. The .skp file in the OP has been replaced.

If anyone sees any other issues please let me know. Being embarrassed now would be far better than being responsible for messing up someone else's project latter.

7.1 System

Surrounds -
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)

post #4 of 35 Old 04-15-14, 04:00 PM
Senior Shackster

Dan

Very nice. Should be a fun build. I know they will sound great.
post #5 of 35 Old 04-15-14, 07:58 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

My System

Very cool, and good choice! Keep us updated and post pics!

post #6 of 35 Old 04-15-14, 09:02 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Yep... looking forward to seeing some progress on these.
post #7 of 35 Old 04-15-14, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System

I got home from work and the package from MLCS with my router bits was in the mail box. Then I found the box with the Jasper jig on the front porch. Only thing is, now all I can do is wait 'cuz the $$$ for the kit and the MDF for the boxes isn't budgeted till the next pay period (25th).

Rats.

7.1 System

Surrounds -
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)

post #8 of 35 Old 04-16-14, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System

Cut plan for the MDF. Based on a standard 49"x97" sheet.

7.1 System

Surrounds -
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)

post #9 of 35 Old 04-16-14, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System

I know it's sorta early for this but I'll be updating the OP with links to posts with items of interest (uploads, pics, etc.) for quick access.

7.1 System

Surrounds -
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)

post #10 of 35 Old 04-17-14, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System

Somewhat off topic.

I've been putting off building a crosscut sled for my table saw and this is a perfect reason to go ahead with it. If anyone is interested in it, sing out, and I'll include it in this thread. Otherwise i'll keep it to myself.

7.1 System

Surrounds -
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)