Inuke help please! - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

1Likes
  • 1 Post By clint357

post #1 of 9 Old 12-28-16, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Inuke help please!

Last night I opened up my Inuke 1000dsp to play with it. I am building a box right now, but wanted to mess around with the amp and speaker (Dayton 15" 4Ohm) before I put the speaker in the box. I have an XLR to RCA adapter for the input, so I ran the sub out from the receiver to the A input on the Inuke. I hook up the Speakon connector to the A channel output in bridged mode. I then get about 2 watts of power to the sub...barely audible before the lights on the front indicate that it is clipping. Am I missing a step? I spent about 3 hours messing with it last night. I hooked the output on my phone up to it and it did the same exact thing. I also tried it with some other speakers just to make sure. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-29-16, 09:44 AM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System
Re: Inuke help please!

Clint, I don't have an answer for you, but I'm waiting on delivery of my nu6000, and will be doing the same thing when it arrives, so I'll be watching this thread.

I wonder if it's an issue with using bridge mode. Did you try just using 1 channel of the amp to see how that works?

- OJ -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #3 of 9 Old 12-29-16, 06:28 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Maybe a short in a connector? Did you try swapping cables? That's where 99% of audio problems come from...

post #4 of 9 Old 12-29-16, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

I read in another post that you need a 4 pole speakon connector, and I only have a 2 pole. This may be part of the problem. I am going to get a 4 pole and get a splitter for the LFE out so I can use both the A and B input on the iNuke. Since I have the gear in my brother's shop (3 hours from my house) I have been using my phone as signal to test the amp. I will get the new 4 pole Speakon and the splitter and try it in a couple of days at my house and let you know the results. The amp is not intended for use with a sub so the manual is not clear on this type of setup.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-29-16, 09:42 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

My System

My guess is the connector. For bridged mode on my nu3000dsp I'm using two two-pole speakons.

post #6 of 9 Old 12-29-16, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
fusseli wrote: View Post
My guess is the connector. For bridged mode on my nu3000dsp I'm using two two-pole speakons.
So, you are bridged but using both the A and B output? I have checked the connections on the input and tried a couple of different setups and I have checked the Speakon plug a few times and can't find anything wrong with it. I also noticed that when I am in bridged mode and only using the A output, that the B channel level control knob also alters the output to the A channel...does this seem right?
post #7 of 9 Old 12-29-16, 11:04 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

My System
I don't think my right knob does anything but the manual says leave it turned down when bridged. I'd have to check the pin out diagram on the back of the amp, but for bridged mode it would be different wiring and you would need a 4 pole speak on I think. I'd check that wiring again for sure.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-02-17, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
fusseli wrote: View Post
I don't think my right knob does anything but the manual says leave it turned down when bridged. I'd have to check the pin out diagram on the back of the amp, but for bridged mode it would be different wiring and you would need a 4 pole speak on I think. I'd check that wiring again for sure.
I got a y splitter and another XLR male to RCA female along with a 4 pole speakon. I still need to turn the knobs up quite high to get a decent sound. The output for the B channel also still controls the A channel out in bridged mode. There is a loud pop every time I power the amp down. I will play with it more in the coming days, but it seems like something is not quite right.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-26-17, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

PE sent me a new amp and it works great. I will further detail my countless hours of frustration when I do a build thread. Thanks to everyone here for the help though.
Owen Bartley likes this.