Where is Fi Audio going in the HT world! - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 76 Old 01-15-10, 12:45 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: Where are FI going in the HT world!

Hello Am... glad to have you with us.

First of all, let me clear up that I am not aware of anyone saying anything bad about Scott or his work ethic. There have been some facts stated, but no defamatory remarks made towards Scott or Fi Audio... we do not allow it.

The question the original poster has posed is a good one... and only shows concern for the direction of Fi Audio in regards to home theater. This should actually be a good and positive thread for Scott and Fi Audio.

For the record... let me state that Scott and I have spoke on the phone about two-three months ago concerning his situation with the forum here. It is a difficult matter for him to handle the email request he gets from here. I know he gets a LOT of traffic to his site from here, because we keep up with banner impressions and clicks... and I know he gets a LOT of emails and PMs, because I get the auto-reply myself every time we send him a notification of a thread he has subscribed to and when he is notified of PMs. He has explained that the problem is all about time, which he clearly does not have, although he is trying to figure out a way he can spend more time here. He advise me of a few things he had working for the HT arena and I hope we will begin to see these soon. Despite him stating this and despite him stating he is trying to find a new way to participate more often, I am not sure it will ever happen. Why? Because he has made similar statements in the past and none have come to fruition. I realize this is not totally his fault because one man can only do so much. HOWEVER... if he really wants to be in the HT market and get his money's worth on advertising and having a forum here, he needs to try to find someone who can help him moderate the forum and answer questions... plus reply more appropriately to those interested in buying products. As one member has already stated, several emails a while back with nothing by auto-replies will NOT sell products for you... and it will NOT get you referrals either. So ultimately, Scott really needs to make a move one way or another. If people cannot get answers and order products, it is not only unfortunate for him, but also for our forum since we promote his business.

As far as his products for HT... they are fabulous to say the least. I have four of his Q-18's which he modified for my HT install and I could not be happier... they are truly awesome subwoofers. This is one thing I really appreciate about Scott... the fact that he can modify the drivers to suit your installation. This is a great service... we just need to get it in use more often and help him sell more drivers, BUT, we certainly cannot do it on our own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 76 Old 01-15-10, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
gperkins

Sonnie,

I couldn't have put it better myself. I actually spoke to Scott on the telephone. I live here in the UK and spoke to him for about 30 minutes. He's a great guy and very helpful. Am who I dealt with in the UK who sells them has been a ulter gem. Really nice guy and REALLY helpful. I agree Scott should have someone to organise the forum side for him.

I am however a little surprised that after all these comments that he hasn't replied atleast once. Even a little message to say 'Guys, sorry I haven't been in touch but its been really busy' Just so we know he is still alive.

Some people have projects on the go and need answers to things and can't wait a long while to a response.

One more thing the subs are fantastic quality and sound fantastic. I reckon a bigger driver option should be on the cards though. I would love a 21 or 22 inch driver in my living room.

cheers

Graham
post #43 of 76 Old 01-15-10, 02:33 PM
Elite Shackster

You never ask much Graham

post #44 of 76 Old 01-15-10, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
gperkins

Dan,

You know me mate. I have high expectations. Perhaps that's my downside.

cheers

Graham
post #45 of 76 Old 01-15-10, 02:50 PM
Elite Shackster

I think your just one of those 'but what if' kinda people , I feel your pain.
post #46 of 76 Old 01-15-10, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
gperkins

Dan,

I wonder if there any HT addict clinics out there. I could do with popping into one.

cheers

Graham
post #47 of 76 Old 01-15-10, 03:16 PM
Elite Shackster

Book me in, I'll come join you. I hope its like the drug clinics in so much as they just try fix us by giving us more, just to keep us out of trouble .
post #48 of 76 Old 01-15-10, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
gperkins

Dan,

I will let you know as soon as I have a date. Now I know, AA doesn't stand for Alcohol Addiction.

Its Audio Addiction!

cheers

Graham
post #49 of 76 Old 01-17-10, 01:15 AM
Banned!
Ryan

Thank you for your email‏
Sent: Sun 1/17/10 1:02 AM
To: ____________________

Thank you for your email. Currently we are experiencing VERY high email volume and are somewhat delayed in our responses. If your email is concerning an order placed but not received, or changes to a current order, please contact [email protected] your email is concerning a recone for Fi or other companies products, please contact [email protected] We apologize for the delays and thank you for your patience. Thanks,Sales StaffFi Car Audio

same old email, disapointing... frustrating.... but at least they are sure to cover orders not received and recones!
post #50 of 76 Old 01-17-10, 11:08 AM
Shackster
Nick Morgan

We are still alive. But look at it like this. Do not take this the wrong way as it is Sunday and I cannot believe i'm typing this today...anyhow..

1) Home theater people need hundreds of hours of hand holding and patting on the back to make sure that they are making the right decision. It is almost as if they are buying a house...or a 250,000 dollar car when they are really just buying a couple hundred dollar subs.

We have THOUSANDS of things going on right now that is putting food on our table (which is most important..everybody has to eat) . These thousands of things take very short quick answers and the people are completely happy with the answer that they get because they can figure things out on their own (Hence the entire Do It Yourself market) . The HT crowd is quite the opposite. There are 3000 questions and once you answer one of them there are another 3000 questions and not a one of the people in this "crowd" can take the answer as "it is what it is".

Speakers are very very simple and very very stupid. HT crowd looks into things WAY too much with the mic's and gizmo's and "OH MY GOODNESS MY SPEAKERS WONT PLAY DOWN TO 8HZ"...when they simply do not see that it is not the speaker that will not play down to 8Hz...it is the crossover network and issues within the amplifier itself that will not allow things to do that.

Speakers are stupid..they do precisely what you tell them to do in the environment in which you put them in.

Look at things from an economics standpoint...

It is not good to be a jack of all trades, but to focus your energy on something and specialize in just that. It has gotten to the point where we simply cannot allocate 2 months worth of emails/phone calls/forum garb etc. to 5 people that might buy 10 speakers. The return on that investment is very very very very very little. Note I said investment...because time is definitely an investment. It's not that we want to have sub-par customer service because we definitely do not. It is the sheer fact that nobody in the Home Theater scene can take something for what it is and have the drive and initiative to figure things out on their own...they have to be carried the entire way through the process. Which when you are at the finish line..yes they are happy...but the amount of time spent to get that 1 person there simply is not worth it.

We have a solution for this...which everybody will see in the coming months. But it is not with the Fi brand, as it is solely focused on Car Audio. If we separate this away from everything else more attention can be paid to this...but it still does not change the aspect of the needs of the fanbase/crowd in which we are catering too.

Again, do not take this the wrong way. This is EXACTLY how it is. Sonnie did not understand at first either...

Also in regards to the 22" stuff...we'll see after 1st quarter of how things are going with the SMD woofers from our other brand Ascendant Audio. We will not make a bad financial decision to do the 22" basket until we see how the market is going as well as a 12" version of the 6 spoke frame.

p.s. "Ryan" :cough: you have an email.