Earthquake Magma 15" Driver - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 24 Old 04-24-10, 07:36 AM
Elite Shackster

Mike

Re: Earthquake Magma 15" Driver

Contact earthquakesound.com.

We're all in this together!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 04-24-10, 07:47 AM
Shackster

Will do once again. Their price quotes were no where near that price last time I checked though.
post #13 of 24 Old 04-24-10, 08:06 AM
Elite Shackster

Mike

You can also see if eBay has anything.

post #14 of 24 Old 04-24-10, 08:52 AM
Shackster

One in the UK for 10L ($20 US) but the guy wants local pick up! Google got me to this thread. I do know they are discontinuing the 15 and releasing a newer 15X. So I am trying to find one of the discontinued ones at a deal. I think one of the voice coils in mine is bad as it has started to make distortion on higher demand. My buddy has the same sub and we switched the woofers and the issue follows the woofer not the sub. It is a SuperNova MK IV-15. It has the slap radiator. BA 202 amp I believe. Any recommendations on a replacement woofer?
post #15 of 24 Old 04-24-10, 09:18 AM
Elite Shackster

Mike

Unless you verified it from Earthquake, you're assuming the Magma 15 is the same driver used in the SuperNova MK IV-15 home theater sub. As for a suitable replacement, I need to know what the cabinet dimensions are to figure out the internal volume.

post #16 of 24 Old 04-24-10, 10:03 AM
Shackster

Pulled the driver and it has a upc tag on it saying -

Magma 15
IMP 2 x 3.3
FS 24hz
QTS .450
VAS 8.7ft
RMS 500

That is extremely close to their specs.

And the pic looks the same.

Buddy's MKV-15 looked the same and I read Magma 15 on his driver label but I did not read or pay attention to the rest of the labels specs on his.

Dimensions are 17 1/4" x 17 1/4" x 17 1/4" on the outside. Looks to be 5/8" board
post #17 of 24 Old 04-24-10, 10:53 AM
Elite Shackster

Mike

Jusat to make sure we're talking about the same one, the MK IV-15 is shown as 20" x 17" x 18" here:

http://www.ultimateavmag.com/subwoofers/60/index2.html

post #18 of 24 Old 04-24-10, 11:03 AM
Shackster

That is it. The speakers are not recessed so the extra inches are the depth the speakers need. The height difference is they included the feet. It should read 20 deep by 19 or 20 wide for the connections and 18 1/2 including the feet. My measurements are from my tape measure of the actual enclosure itself. And of course I doubt they sold any of those for that price. Maybe half that...
Thanks for your time, it is truly appreciated.
post #19 of 24 Old 04-24-10, 11:04 AM
Elite Shackster

Mike

Quote:
VAS 8.7ft
Are you sure? The Magma 15 has a Vas of .75 cu.ft. If 8.7 cu.ft. is correct then it's a completely different driver.

post #20 of 24 Old 04-24-10, 11:09 AM
Shackster

I did see that. But the Magma 12 showed 5.7? ft so I thought the .75 is a missprint and probably should be 7.5? It would not be the first time I was wrong though. Doubt it will be the last...

Can't find it now but I did see on one ad where they said Magma driver for the SuperNova. I can pull it back out again and send you a pic if it will help clarify.

Found the ad
http://www.federalstereo.com/easomksu2.html

Last edited by 62panshovel; 04-24-10 at 10:16 PM.