Fi service - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 33 Old 03-24-10, 12:42 PM
Elite Shackster

Mike

Re: Fi service

I modeled the Havoc 18 once, it's a real beast. Not sure on the price though.

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/havoc.php

We're all in this together!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 Old 03-24-10, 01:39 PM
Elite Shackster
gperkins

mike they are £345 each. Have you got a graph to show how they compare to the Q18s with same spec. They have a higher FS than the Qs. The mayhem looks interesting with 2500 watts of input power. thats £485 each

cheers graham
Posted via Mobile Device
post #13 of 33 Old 03-24-10, 01:59 PM
Elite Shackster

Mike

I'm at work, the file must be on my computer at home.

post #14 of 33 Old 03-24-10, 02:05 PM
Elite Shackster
gperkins

mike no worries fella. If you get a spare moment would you mind checking it out for me please. Im rubbish at putting ts params in. I never seem to get it right.

cheers graham
Posted via Mobile Device
post #15 of 33 Old 03-24-10, 06:07 PM
Elite Shackster

Mike

Graham, here's the modeling of the Havoc 18. Same output as a Maelstrom-X in a bigger box with less power.

Here's the driver file if you want to play with it.

Ascendant Audio Havoc 18.wdr

Fi service-havov-18.jpg

post #16 of 33 Old 03-24-10, 06:24 PM
Banned!
Ryan

Quote:
Mike P. wrote: View Post
Graham, here's the modeling of the Havoc 18. Same output as a Maelstrom-X in a bigger box with less power.

Here's the driver file if you want to play with it.

Attachment 20290

Attachment 20291
wow..i've drooled over the Mayhems and Havocs a little here and there
post #17 of 33 Old 03-25-10, 01:33 AM
Elite Shackster
gperkins

Thanks Mike,

I just modelled it the same as my current FI subs and its about 2db up on my sub at 11hz and the same 20hz and up. You can give the Havoc's 1500 watts instead of 1200. Looks pretty good though although the maelstrom is still the one to beat. That with the same size box as mine and tuned to 13.5hz has 5db more than mine at 15hz and can have an input power of 2000 watts.

cheers

Graham
post #18 of 33 Old 03-25-10, 10:31 AM
Senior Shackster
Fi Audio

Ryan,

When I took over AA, I didnt receive any stock or tangible items from the company. I got the name. I redesigned all the products and started with a clean slate. In the interim of the Xbl designs I OEMd for them originally and when I took over, they had gone to another manufacturer for products. I had nothing to do with those drivers or designs and have a difficult time working with them as they were oddball and seemingly Chinese made. I have zero access to anything that transpired before and Im sorry that you had such issues. I will hate to see the years waiting rack up, but its an issue long before I had ever stepped in to take control of the name. Chad nor Dale have had anything to do with AA since I took over and hopefully the customer service to our dealers is on par with the products.

Thanks,
Scott
post #19 of 33 Old 03-25-10, 10:44 AM
Banned!
Ryan

Quote:
Fi Audio wrote: View Post
Ryan,

When I took over AA, I didnt receive any stock or tangible items from the company. I got the name. I redesigned all the products and started with a clean slate. In the interim of the Xbl designs I OEMd for them originally and when I took over, they had gone to another manufacturer for products. I had nothing to do with those drivers or designs and have a difficult time working with them as they were oddball and seemingly Chinese made. I have zero access to anything that transpired before and Im sorry that you had such issues. I will hate to see the years waiting rack up, but its an issue long before I had ever stepped in to take control of the name. Chad nor Dale have had anything to do with AA since I took over and hopefully the customer service to our dealers is on par with the products.

Thanks,
Scott
That being said, the hatchet is burried with the "AA" name

you've been nothing but great to me... always a pleasure doing business with you
post #20 of 33 Old 03-25-10, 11:31 AM
Elite Shackster
gperkins

Scott,

How do the Havoc's and the Mayhem compare to the Q18s for HT. Also the SMD sub looks wicked. I would love to hear how that would sound. I looked on Blade Ice where I got my FI's from but there are no prices.

Be good to get your thoughts.

Graham