how to figure driver volume? - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 31 Old 07-22-10, 03:41 PM
Senior Shackster

Michael

Re: how to figure driver volume?

No...it is about 1/2 CuFt. I don't need a calculator when I have 4 of them in my living room.

Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 Old 07-22-10, 05:45 PM
Elite Shackster

bambino

Quote:
buggers wrote: View Post
No...it is about 1/2 CuFt. I don't need a calculator when I have 4 of them in my living room.
I concur, When i called about the displacment of my 15'' sub it was about .5 cu.ft.
post #13 of 31 Old 07-23-10, 11:03 AM
Elite Shackster

What are we saying here, because it sounds like your saying a single 15" driver will take up 14 litres of space inside your cabinet, and I dont know any driver that will take up that much space. Most 15" drivers take up 3-6 litres each.

It's possible we have our wires crossed though

post #14 of 31 Old 07-23-10, 04:54 PM
Elite Shackster

bambino

Hi moonfly, if your refering to my post, the info. i received from Kicker said my 15'' sub displaces .5 cu.ft.
I'll spill the beens here on this one but i am mathmatically challenged when it goes from figureing metric to standard For all i know liters may be standard
post #15 of 31 Old 07-23-10, 06:39 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
bambino wrote: View Post
Hi moonfly, if your refering to my post, the info. i received from Kicker said my 15'' sub displaces .5 cu.ft.
I'll spill the beens here on this one but i am mathmatically challenged when it goes from figureing metric to standard For all i know liters may be standard
Metric is the world standard except for a couple of backward states.

For those that have trouble with it, here is an excellent little conversion program.
post #16 of 31 Old 07-23-10, 06:46 PM
Elite Shackster

bambino

Quote:
A9X wrote: View Post
Metric is the world standard except for a couple of backward states.

For those that have trouble with it, here is an excellent little conversion program.
I thought standard was the standard here in the USA. I guess i have some learning to do. Is the saying true, you can't teach an old dog new tricks,LOL.
post #17 of 31 Old 07-23-10, 06:59 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
I thought standard was the standard here in the USA. I guess i have some learning to do. Is the saying true, you can't teach an old dog new tricks,LOL.
Well my only 'knowledge' WRT the standardisation of SI units in the US is the wiki page and many years of discussions online with many (but not all) Americans who seem to have little/no understanding of metric system or the fact most of the world uses it. I hate imperial units and find them very cumbersome, but have to convert all the time as some of the gear I use at work is sourced from US companies and comes in these bizarre sizes line 1 3/16".

Apart from that, the earlier comment was Saturday morning, 'prod a yank with a stick' sort of fun as there were no kiwi's about.
post #18 of 31 Old 07-23-10, 09:28 PM
Elite Shackster

bambino

Ok now you tottaly lost me. But i know most of ''Americans'' are pretty set on standard sae. Silly us,LOL!
post #19 of 31 Old 07-23-10, 09:31 PM
Elite Shackster

bambino

Oh the last comment about getting USA stuff and having to convert i know how you feel, almost all the trucks we build have metric but then again some of them have both
post #20 of 31 Old 07-24-10, 05:30 AM
Elite Shackster

Quote:
That still sounds a lot. It really doesnt matter what system you work to, as long as you get the figures right. I simply work in litres and know the standard normal volume taken up by most drivers, when I convert that in cu ft, it comes to about 0.1-.02 cu ft, so 0.5 seems unusually high. If thats the figure they have given you though, it must be correct, it just sound a lot IME. My drivers are quite large and I was given a figure of 3 - 4 litres for that one.