1.65ft^3 box Dayton RF 12 or DVC 10 + PR ? - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 4 Old 01-14-11, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

1.65ft^3 box Dayton RF 12 or DVC 10 + PR ?

Doing a rebuild of a Klipsch SW10. The VC is blown. The cabinet is in perfect condition and the amplifier is good 100W @ 8 ohm. I don't know of any boost. What I've been looking for is a drop in replacement for the blown driver. I've got a 9" hole in the front and an 11" hole in the back of the box. I'm down to 2 options. 1. The Dayton 12" HF 8 ohm driver, with the front hole plugged. 2. Dayton 10" DVC 4 ohm + the matching Dayton PR. I just got a virus on my WinXP PC and WinISD won't run on my Vista 64 PC. I got to run some numbers for the 12" before the virus and it doesn't seem to go very low. I don't know if the DVC+PR will work in my cabinet. Any advice is welcome. I was considering CSS drivers but the Daytons from PE will be more in line with my budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-14-11, 04:18 PM
Elite Shackster

Mike

Re: 1.65ft^3 box Dayton RF 12 or DVC 10 + PR ?

Can you upload your project files?

We're all in this together!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #3 of 4 Old 01-14-11, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

I did an online chat over at PE and their tech ran the numbers for me. I ordered the Dayton RSS315HFA-8 12" Reference HF Subwoofer 8 Ohm. This seems like the best option for me right now considering cost. The F3 for this is 32Hz. Not great but close to what I had before. It should be fine for music. I wanted to use that klipsch amp and this is an 8 ohm driver.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-14-11, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

The Dayton DVC 10" + PR had an F3 of 42Hz. I didn't specify the 12" PR and now I wonder if he just ran the 10 sealed to give me that number, probably went off a chart. I did find files here on the forums for the DVC so when my WinXP reinstall is done I'll run them myself and maybe save the 12" sub for a sonotube.