Revised Firmware V1.4 for the DSP1124P with V1.3 ONLY! - Page 11 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #101 of 138 Old 12-05-09, 05:36 PM
kmob

Re: Revised Firmware V1.4 for the DSP1124P with V1.3 ONLY!

Thanks for all the great info in this thread - this place is a gold mine of useful information.

Is there a list of what changes each firmware version introduces? I've got a BFD with v1.0 firmware and was wondering what's changed (besides the MIDI fix in v1.4 I guess!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 138 Old 12-06-09, 07:38 AM
Elite Shackster
brucek

No, I have no idea. Your best bet would be Behringer for that information.

brucek
post #103 of 138 Old 04-10-10, 04:11 PM
Shackster
Porksoda

I'd be interested in the differences between each firmware also... just incase someone had called behringer or got the information with them please post it here.

post #104 of 138 Old 10-22-10, 10:45 AM
Senior Shackster
lovingdvd

Quote:
lovingdvd wrote: View Post
I got my 1.4 chip but not in a hurry to install it. I've gotten used to manually entering the data into the BFD and figure I might as well save the $40 on the MIDI cable... still undecided though.

BTW, after I replace the chip will I need to reprogram all my filters in the BFD? Or is that stored in a different chip in the BFD?
Hi all - funny, I came here with the questions quoted above and found that I already asked these 3+ years ago but did not get a response. I'm finally getting around to automating the filters over MIDI (been entering them manually but its so much fun).

A few questions please:

A) Does anyone know if I'll have to reprogram the filters after replacing the EPROM? I'd like to swap out the chip with the 1.4 version just to get that step over with, but not ready to do any filter work and don't want to loose the settings.

B) Are there now cheaper (than $40) options for USB MIDI interface cables? I'd only be using it with REW so no need for anything fancy.

C) This guide http://www.hometheatershack.com/room...comms.html#top explains that you must enable the STORE mode on the DSP1124P for each calibration setting. But it doesn't explain HOW to do that (unless I'm missing it)? It says to push the store button twice but that sounds like its to do it manually...?

Thanks!
post #105 of 138 Old 10-22-10, 01:24 PM
REW Author

John

Yup, you're missing it Read step 5 of configuring the DSP1124P and then read through item 1 in the notes.
post #106 of 138 Old 10-22-10, 02:15 PM
Senior Shackster
lovingdvd

Quote:
JohnM wrote: View Post
Yup, you're missing it Read step 5 of configuring the DSP1124P and then read through item 1 in the notes.
So are you saying that step #5 in the list of #1 thru #6 is an independent step. So I do steps 1-6 one time. And then for all future sessions just do step #5?
post #107 of 138 Old 10-22-10, 07:10 PM
REW Author

John

If you turn the DSP1124P off it forgets the store enable setting, but it remembers the others. You will not have to change any values for the other steps, but the way the DSP1124P works you have to go through them to get to the store enable. If you leave the DSP1124P on all the time you will not have to do anything after the first time.
post #108 of 138 Old 10-23-10, 04:31 PM
Senior Shackster
patchesj

Are the 1.4 chips still available from the factory? I have a 1.3 box. Not using the MIDI store right now, but never hurts to start looking for the parts...
post #109 of 138 Old 10-26-10, 08:59 AM
Senior Shackster
lovingdvd

How to open up the unit?

Hi All,

What are the minimum screws I need to use to open up the unit to get at the 1.3 EPROM to replace it? Someone asked how to open the unit up on page 5 and was told to use a drill and a hammer. Other than that I didn't see any mention of how to get to the chip.

I'm the type that opens things up and after putting them back together I have a few screws and springs left over. So I want to be sure to go about this the right way.

In looking at the unit I see it has 3 screws along the top, and three screws along the top of the back lip of the top. Do I just remove these 6 screws and the pull the top off and have access to the chip? It looks like the top lip slips behind the black plastic from where the AC cord goes in so I assume I don't have to loosen that.

There are also four screws on the bottom (including the grounding screw). And several screws along the back (below the lip of the top) which surround the various input/output ports. I assume none of these need to be loosened or removed?

Any tips or advise is greatly appreciated. My BFD is an invaluable piece of equipment and I'm worried I'm going to mess something up! Thanks!
post #110 of 138 Old 10-27-10, 10:33 PM
Senior Shackster
lovingdvd

OK I figured it out. Its the top 3 screws and the 3 screws on the top of the back (lid top edge on back). It was actually pretty tricky to fit the pins in because they were much wider than the sockets. I understand a little wider, but this was much wider. And much wider when compared to the pins on the 1.3 EPROM I removed.

To get it to fit I carefully laid a row of pins on a table and applied pressure pending them all down evenly. Then repeated for the other row. Just doing a little at a time and aligning it with the socket to see how much more was needed. After a few tries I had it so it fit snug with a little pressure. Considering I got this chip 3 years ago and am just putting this in now, I may be the last one to be installing the chip, but wanted to pass this info along anyway.