MiniDSP HOWTO - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 46 Old 04-14-13, 12:06 PM
Senior Shackster
SGA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lower 48, US
Posts: 577
Quote:
ceh383 wrote: View Post

My understanding is input 1 goes to output 1 & 3 and input 2 goes to output 2 & 4.
You are correct! I'll update my post above to avoid confusion.

Regards,
sga2
sga2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 46 Old 04-14-13, 01:24 PM
Senior Shackster
SGA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lower 48, US
Posts: 577
Re: MiniDSP HOWTO

Quote:
ceh383 wrote: View Post
Yet, with inputs 1 & 2 hooked up to sub-out 1 & 2 on my AVR I only get output on 1 & 2 of the minidsp.

I have 3 subs, and would like to eq them separately, so I need output on all of the minidsp outs, how is this done?
You should be able to eq 4 subs. Check the following:

System Settings
  1. Set "Sub Output Mode" to "Stereo Mode".

Audio Settings
  1. "Input Gain" module - Be sure all outputs in use are not muted and set gain to 0 dB for all channels in use.
  2. Input side "Parametric Eq" modules (typ. for 2) - Eq should be set flat until you start making adjustments.
  3. "Crossover" modules (typ. for 2) - Be sure LPF and HPF for each channel (two channels per module) are properly set fto pass subwoofer frequency range (e.g., 10-80Hz).
  4. Output side "Parametric Eq" modules (typ. for 4) - Eq should be set flat until you start making adjustments.
  5. Output side "Delay/Gain/RMS" modules (typ. for 2) - For all channels in use, disable Mute and set gain to 0 dB.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
sga2
sga2 is offline  
post #13 of 46 Old 04-14-13, 01:57 PM
Shackster
Chuck
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 67
Re: MiniDSP HOWTO

Quote:
sga2 wrote: View Post
You should be able to eq 4 subs. Check the following:

System Settings
  1. Set "Sub Output Mode" to "Stereo Mode".

Audio Settings
  1. "Input Gain" module - Be sure all outputs in use are not muted and set gain to 0 dB for all channels in use.
  2. Input side "Parametric Eq" modules (typ. for 2) - Eq should be set flat until you start making adjustments.
  3. "Crossover" modules (typ. for 2) - Be sure LPF and HPF for each channel (two channels per module) are properly set fto pass subwoofer frequency range (e.g., 10-80Hz).
  4. Output side "Parametric Eq" modules (typ. for 4) - Eq should be set flat until you start making adjustments.
  5. Output side "Delay/Gain/RMS" modules (typ. for 2) - For all channels in use, disable Mute and set gain to 0 dB.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
sga2
This is how I thought I had it setup, however, after going back into the settings I noticed the sub out was still set to "mono"

It's now set to "stereo" so I have to put it back inline and see if it works....

Thanks for the input, Chuck

Where I work...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ceh383 is offline  
 
post #14 of 46 Old 04-14-13, 02:56 PM
Senior Shackster
SGA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lower 48, US
Posts: 577
Re: MiniDSP HOWTO

Quote:
ceh383 wrote: View Post
This is how I thought I had it setup, however, after going back into the settings I noticed the sub out was still set to "mono"

It's now set to "stereo" so I have to put it back inline and see if it works....

Thanks for the input, Chuck
Don't forget also that you have to sync the settings to the miniDSP in order for them to take effect.

Regards,
sga2
sga2 is offline  
post #15 of 46 Old 04-14-13, 03:03 PM
Shackster
Chuck
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 67
Re: MiniDSP HOWTO

Quote:
sga2 wrote: View Post
Don't forget also that you have to sync the settings to the miniDSP in order for them to take effect.

Regards,
sga2
I think that might have been my problem...

EDIT...I put it back inline after verifying settings, still no output from out 3 or 4 on the minidsp...
Did I get a bad unit?

Where I work...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by ceh383; 04-14-13 at 03:21 PM.
ceh383 is offline  
post #16 of 46 Old 04-14-13, 10:38 PM
Senior Shackster
SGA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lower 48, US
Posts: 577
Quote:
ceh383 wrote: View Post

I think that might have been my problem...

EDIT...I put it back inline after verifying settings, still no output from out 3 or 4 on the minidsp...
Did I get a bad unit?
Can you export and post your miniDSP settings file?

Regards,
sga2

Last edited by sga2; 04-14-13 at 10:43 PM.
sga2 is offline  
post #17 of 46 Old 04-14-13, 11:19 PM
Shackster
Chuck
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 67
Re: MiniDSP HOWTO

HERE it is...

Where I work...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ceh383 is offline  
post #18 of 46 Old 04-17-13, 09:35 PM
Senior Shackster
SGA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lower 48, US
Posts: 577
Re: MiniDSP HOWTO

Quote:
ceh383 wrote: View Post
HERE it is...
Sorry to ask... but could you create a new file and post? I get an error message when I try to upload this to miniDSP.

Thanks,
sga2
sga2 is offline  
post #19 of 46 Old 04-17-13, 10:17 PM
Shackster
Chuck
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 67
Re: MiniDSP HOWTO

Quote:
sga2 wrote: View Post
Sorry to ask... but could you create a new file and post? I get an error message when I try to upload this to miniDSP.

Thanks,
sga2
Well, first off thanks for the help with this...
I actually got it working, I set it aside for a couple days, then with a clearer head I tried again. I'm not exactly sure what I was doing wrong, but I'm sure I was doing something wrong.
I have the crossovers set for the subs per their output capabilities....I think....
These are the starting points I'm going to use for measurements.

MiniDSP HOWTO-xo_1.jpg

MiniDSP HOWTO-xo_2.jpg

At this point I have output to all 3 subs, and I'll see how it goes...

Chuck

Where I work...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ceh383 is offline  
post #20 of 46 Old 04-17-13, 11:44 PM
Senior Shackster
SGA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lower 48, US
Posts: 577
Quote:
ceh383 wrote: View Post

Well, first off thanks for the help with this...
I actually got it working, I set it aside for a couple days, then with a clearer head I tried again. I'm not exactly sure what I was doing wrong, but I'm sure I was doing something wrong.
I have the crossovers set for the subs per their output capabilities....I think....
These are the starting points I'm going to use for measurements.

At this point I have output to all 3 subs, and I'll see how it goes...

Chuck
Excellent! Glad to hear you got it working. I love this device.

Regards,
sga2
sga2 is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
howto , minidsp

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now




PLEASE COMPLETE ALL REQUIRED FIELDS BELOW... THANKS!

REQUIRED FIELDS ON THIS PAGE
YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THESE

Username
Password
Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2




User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
PLEASE READ BELOW PRIOR TO ENTERING AN EMAIL ADDRESS!

ATTENTION!

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

AN INVALID EMAIL ADDRESS WILL CAUSE YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE DELETED!

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.


Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML is not allowed!
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 


For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome