MiniDSP HOWTO - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

1Likes

post #21 of 46 Old 05-12-13, 10:20 PM
Shackster

im thinking of buying one for my sub im building. do you have to buy the software or does it come with it? and also was shipping expensive i see on their website they come from china
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 Old 05-13-13, 08:36 AM
Senior Shackster
SGA

Quote:
mccolgan4731 wrote: View Post
im thinking of buying one for my sub im building. do you have to buy the software or does it come with it? and also was shipping expensive i see on their website they come from china
You have to buy a plug-in. Otherwise you can't do anything with the miniDSP.

Shipping was cheap. 10 bucks or so.

Regards,
sga2
post #23 of 46 Old 05-13-13, 11:13 AM
Shackster

Alright good to know. And what is the difference between the "kit" version and the "in the box" version? the kit is $99 and the in the box is $125 is the only difference the fancy box/shell it comes in. what am i losing if i bought the kit version? and what "Rev" is the kit version. the box version come in RevA (<.9v rms) or RevB (2v rms) i need RevB. Do you just program the kit version to what Rev you need?

post #24 of 46 Old 05-13-13, 11:55 AM
Senior Shackster
SGA

Quote:
Alright good to know. And what is the difference between the "kit" version and the "in the box" version? the kit is $99 and the in the box is $125 is the only difference the fancy box/shell it comes in. what am i losing if i bought the kit version? and what "Rev" is the kit version. the box version come in RevA (<.9v rms) or RevB (2v rms) i need RevB. Do you just program the kit version to what Rev you need?
Kit is the guts only, no enclosure. Enclosure gives some protection against dust and makes it easier to pick up and move around (without fear of touching internals. AFAIK all units are configurable via jumper between Rev A and Rev B.

Regards,
sga2
post #25 of 46 Old 05-13-13, 10:42 PM
Shackster

Alright awsome thank you for all the info ill be getting one. and also what does AFAIK mean
post #26 of 46 Old 05-16-13, 05:36 AM
Senior Shackster
SGA

Quote:
Alright awsome thank you for all the info ill be getting one. and also what does AFAIK mean
As Far As I Know.

Regards,
sga2
post #27 of 46 Old 07-07-13, 07:33 PM
Senior Shackster

Re: MiniDSP HOWTO

Hello, I just stripped a length of RCA for my input to my 2 x 4 balanced DSP. Which end goes to the positive and which goes to the negative? Thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails
MiniDSP HOWTO-dscn0454.jpg  

MiniDSP HOWTO-dscn0458.jpg  

post #28 of 46 Old 07-10-13, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Myles

Sorry for the delay. As I'm sure you've figured out by now, it doesn't matter. But just for minor sanity purposes, I'd connect the shield to the - terminal and the center pin to +.

MiniDSP HOWTO-minidsp.png

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
<-- SOLD!

post #29 of 46 Old 09-03-13, 09:18 PM
Senior Shackster

I've been debating buying one of these for a while. But I'm still not sure what to get (even after reading this thread). I am using a Pioneer reciever and a Dayton plate amplifier. So I assume I need the unbalanced unit. I'm also assuming the 2.1 plugin is the most suited for subwoofer duties (would be nice if mi i dsp made a true subwoofer plugin). Because I'm using one sub only, can I also assume that I use input 1 and output 1 only?
Finally, what is the difference between rev1 and rev2?

Thanks
post #30 of 46 Old 02-04-14, 06:51 AM
Shackster
Waffles

Quote:
Wooderson wrote: View Post

I am a bit confused by the labeling for the MiniDSP Output XLR side. Shouldn't S be connected to Shield?

(This is for using XLR also as input.)