Behringer iNuke DSP amps - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 17 Old 03-02-12, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Behringer iNuke DSP amps

Hi!
How does the built-in DSP compare to the ever popular Behringer Feedback Destroyer ?
I like the USB interface and the opportunity to have one less device in the rack.
Has anyone tested these new iNuke DSP amps yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-02-12, 04:09 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Re: Behringer iNuke DSP amps

Quote:
jfrazier wrote: View Post
How does the built-in DSP compare to the ever popular Behringer Feedback Destroyer ?
You can check the iNuke manual and compare its DSP processing to the BFD’s capabilities. The BFD has two channels, 12 parametric filters per channels, and several memory settings that are easily recalled. If the iNuke can do that, then it “compares.” If it does that and more, then it’s “better.”

Regards,
Wayne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

post #3 of 17 Old 03-05-12, 04:01 AM
Senior Shackster
John

My System
Send a message via Skype™ to phazewolf

It has 8 filters per channel plus a hi and low pass that can be setup. Also has 28 memory settings you can use I have one on order the only issue I see is not being able too set a filter below 20hz but I will know more once I get mine in a few days. I peered the iNuke nu6000dsp I will get you know what I think of it once I get it.

post #4 of 17 Old 03-07-12, 01:13 AM
Shackster
Ejorne

neg:
The filters not very small. My 1124 can go a lot more narrow.
Also the max is -15dB where my 1124 goes to -48dB
8 versus (2x)12 filters

pros:
- 2 devices in one
- if connecterd to a pc i can switch between presets with my android device while sitting in the sweetspot. Not very easaly, but with vnc i take over my pc screen and then switch presets.
- not only presets, also configuration of filters is possible. That is a big pro for me because i can hear instantly what a filter does. Before i needed 2 persons. Sure, REW can think for you but i mostly want to finetune it to my taste...

Also a neg; this iNuke makes a very loud fan sound. Not nice. But a pro; it is easaly replaced by a quit one.
post #5 of 17 Old 03-07-12, 12:12 PM
Senior Shackster
John

My System

Now that I have had time too play with it I see what your saying. I am going too replace the 2 fans in the next few days. Wile it sucks that I can't filter more then 15db I would not really want too I would apply room treatments and move things first as I don't normally apply anything over 12db if it can be helped.

As for the noise I need too look and see what I have but I am sure there are fans that will blow as much air and will be much less noisy.
post #6 of 17 Old 03-07-12, 12:59 PM
Shackster
Ejorne

Quote:
phazewolf wrote: View Post
As for the noise I need too look and see what I have but I am sure there are fans that will blow as much air and will be much less noisy.
I use a fan that blows less than half as much as the stock fan. I do not play at high volumes for a long time but i tested it with volume and time that i wil never use again and the air blown out thru the fans remains cool. But i can imagine that this amount of air will not be enough for some other users if you push it it wil need much air i think... But my neighbours will hang me if i pushed mine inuke that much...
post #7 of 17 Old 03-07-12, 02:25 PM
Senior Shackster
John

My System

The OEM fan puts out 45 cfm of air at 40db noise @ 4000rpm

The fans I am looking at will do 35 cfm with only 30db noise and that's at 2900 rpm
post #8 of 17 Old 03-09-12, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

I went ahead and ordered the nu3000dsp. I will be using it to power two 18" subs in my theater. From what I can tell so far, it will have plenty of power... I have not touched the EQ settings yet.

-Yes, the fan is ridiculously loud! I reversed it to blow the hot air out the back.
Any concerns with this?
post #9 of 17 Old 03-09-12, 10:53 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt

It could be, assuming that the engineers who designed the amp also designed the cooling they felt it needed.

Regards,
Wayne

|

post #10 of 17 Old 03-15-12, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

I got a new fan from Fry's. 34cfm at 17db. 6 bucks. it's the Enermax Marathon 80mm.
from 3 feet away, i can not hear the fan running at all. it's still blowing plenty of air.
my Fi Car Audio subs are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. i am really looking forward to it.