Warrantech (ITI) Preferred Service Plan Extended Warranty Review - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 22 Old 04-09-11, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: Warrantech (ITI) Preferred Service Plan Extended Warranty Review

Unfortunately I did not even think to get his company name when he called... and I deleted my recent calls from my phone, so I don't have his number either. He may have told me, but I just don't remember. I emailed my contact and hope she will contact him to have him call me back again at by Monday to setup another appointment. I will get his company name then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 04-11-11, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

I got a call from Anthony, the tech from Fix Tech (Montgomery, AL) who was suppose to be at our home Friday morning to fix our set. Apparently he actually never received the parts. He apologized for not contacting me about missing the appointment.

I further got an email from my ITI contact:
Quote:
Hello William,
thank you for letting me know. I just got off the phone with this tech and he just advised me this morning that he never received the parts, in which I advised him that parts were received on 4/5. I let him know that due to the fact that he barely called you this morning and did not contact you BEFORE your appointment on Friday 4/8 which is unprofessional and not how ITI conducts business, ITI will reassigned your work order and I will speak to my Supervisor to see if we can get another set of parts out to the tech as soon as possible. I apologize about the inconvenience and I will work on getting this taken care of for you.
Thank you
I called the tech back to find out if he actually got the parts and he claims he never got them. He says he gets parts in all the time and assumed he had them since ITI has advised him they had been delivered, but when he went to look for the parts, what he needed was not there. Obviously he does not have a system setup to pair up parts with work orders.

At any rate... the question now is who received the parts? Where's the tracking number?
post #13 of 22 Old 04-11-11, 01:49 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Seems like this is taking too long. Customer service makes a company & surely they realize the notoriety afforded in this site. I'm thinking they are trying to get the set repaired but are not so good at it. We will see. Was this the only extended warranty plan or was there a manufacturer option? Thanks for posting this Sonny.

post #14 of 22 Old 04-11-11, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Yeah ... agree... too long.

I have now been informed that ITI sent the parts to the tech's "old" address and he is trying to retrieve the parts. I should be updated by the end of the day.

I was not aware of any other extended warranties offered by the Home Theater Store when I purchased this one, but going forward I will definitely ask and investigate a bit more.
post #15 of 22 Old 04-11-11, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Another update:
Quote:
Hello William,
I wanted to provide you with an update for your case. I received notification from the tech that he was unable to retrieve parts. per my management since this tech did not inform ITI of the parts issue and also did not contact you to advise you that he was not going to make it on site due to the fact that he did not actually receive parts, ITI is going to locate another tech and place another set of parts on order so we can get this issue resolved for you as soon as possible. ITI feels that the way the technician handled your case was unprofessional, and I will work on getting another set of parts to the new tech. I will keep you updated on the status between 2-3 business days and again and I truly apologize about the inconvenience this may have caused you.
The tech blames it on them shipping the parts to his old address and they blame it on the tech. Regardless, we will be out probably another week or so. So much for a positive review.
post #16 of 22 Old 04-12-11, 04:11 AM
Elite Shackster

engtaz

My System

This issue stinks. I dislike run around issues.

Don't you like how music can make a bad day better.
post #17 of 22 Old 04-12-11, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Tell me about it... and I am generally a pretty patient and forgiving guy.

The tech was able to retrieve the parts from his old address on a second attempt this morning, so he is scheduled to be at my house at 8 AM tomorrow morning. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
post #18 of 22 Old 04-17-11, 07:46 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Sonny, your last post was 5 days ago . You're killing us here...& we have TV's .
post #19 of 22 Old 04-17-11, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Sorry... been catching up on watching TV...

The tech showed up and replaced the part (board) and all is well.

I would still rate the overall experience below par... probably a 4 out of 10. There were too many hoops to jump through causing it to take too long.
post #20 of 22 Old 04-18-11, 03:31 AM
Elite Shackster

engtaz

My System

Congrats on getting it fixed.

Don't you like how music can make a bad day better.