Warrantech (ITI) Preferred Service Plan Extended Warranty Review - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 22 Old 03-16-11, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Warrantech (ITI) Preferred Service Plan Extended Warranty Review

Back on August 8, 2008 we purchased a Samsung HL67A750 HDTV from Home Theater Store out of Houston, Texas. We got a package deal with a 5-year extended warranty. Sunday morning we learned our HDTV set is sick. The remote will not work the set, nor will most of the buttons on the side of the set work. The channel up/down button does work. We use the HDMI and Component inputs and once we hit the channel button on the side, it changed the channel to the Cable input and we are unable to get it back to HDMI or Component. Either way, there is an issue and it warranted calling on our extended warranty service for repair. This thread will be a review of the warranty service so that anyone desiring to purchase this warranty or a warranty serviced by Warrantech, will have a reference.

The front of the brochure is labeled as follows:

Home Theater Store

Preferred Service Plan
Service Contract Administrator/Obligor:
Warrantech Consumer Product Services, Inc. (WCPS)
P.O. Box 1189 Bedford, TX 76095
Telephone: (800) 336-9879

Here is a copy of the brochure/plan.

At about 9:30 AM on Monday morning (3/14/11) I called the number above and spoke with a gentlemen in Customer Service at Home Theater Store who stated he would contact the warranty company (ITI) and have them contact me. He stated if I had not heard from them in an hour to call them and gave me their number, along with a Repair # and Validation #. About 2:00 PM I had not heard from anyone concerning the warranty, so I called the number he gave me, 888-248-8923. I held for quite a while and finally had to leave a message. I had not heard from anyone at around 5:00 PM, so I called Customer Service at the first number I called. Another gentleman advised it usually takes 24-48 hours for someone to make contact.

At 5:42 PM I missed a called from the warranty company, but was left a message to call them. I was extremely busy on Tuesday and ended up missing the opportunity to call them. None the less, I did receive an email at 3:48 PM from a representative at ITI.

Quote:
My name is Lusyna Kim, and I am your customer service representative for the Samsung TV repair. If possible, please give me a call so I can confirm some information with you on the work order. I need to verify the address, TV model, serial number, and if the TV is wall mounted or not. My contact number is 1-888-248-8923.
Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------- -----
Lusyna Kim
Customer Service Representative | ITI - Indusys Technology, Inc.

210 Baypointe Parkway, San Jose, CA 95134
P: 888.248.2708
WWW.ITIWORLDWIDE.COM
I am not certain of the relationship between ITI and Warrantech.

This morning I had full intentions of calling, but was working outside on the tractor and unable to wait until they opened to call them (2 hours time difference). However, Lusyna did leave me a messages stating she would keep me updated every few days on the progress.

She also found my wife's number and contacted her to ask a few questions about the set. My wife was advised that it would take a few days to get approval and someone would contact us.

So... I am now up to date on the progress of the claim. I will try to update the thread as events transpire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 03-17-11, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: Warrantech (ITI) Preferred Service Plan Extended Warranty Review

I verified with Lusyna that ITI is the on site service provider for the extended warranty company (Warrantech).
post #3 of 22 Old 03-21-11, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

We just hit the one week mark and at this point we have no information or appointment as to when our set will be inspected for repair.

I have emailed my contact to see if I can get an update.

post #4 of 22 Old 03-21-11, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Response from contact:
Quote:
There is no need to send a tech out on site to your home to take a look at the TV. ITI is able to determine what parts are needed based off the problem description on the work order. There are only 4-5 boards inside these TV's that could actually be replaced. Right now, your work order is it in its final stages for diagnostics, and once that is complete ITI will be submitting your case for approval to your extended warranty company. Please keep in mind that it can take your extended warranty company anywhere from 3-5 business days to approve or authorize any repairs, but I will keep you updated between 2-3 business days.
post #5 of 22 Old 03-24-11, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Got a call from my ITI contact today stating the repair has been approved and they are proceeding to find a service technician to order the part and schedule a time to make the repair.
post #6 of 22 Old 03-28-11, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Got another call from my ITI contact a few minutes ago stating one part is on its way and she will have an update on the other part on Wednesday 3/30.
post #7 of 22 Old 03-28-11, 07:26 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Who is the local servicer who will be doing the work?

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #8 of 22 Old 03-28-11, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

That part they have not told me yet. If I am understanding it correctly, they have parts shipped to ITI and then locate a service tech to ship the parts to for the work to be done. It seems like there are too many people involved.
post #9 of 22 Old 04-08-11, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Well... my contact has called me a couple of times over the last week or so and informed me the parts are all in and the tech just has to come out to install them. The tech called me Tuesday or Wednesday... can't remember exactly, and advised he would be at the house Friday. I took off work to do a few things, but he never showed up or called.

3/14 to 4/8 would have been 25 days, now I suppose it will be sometime next week. May as well make a month out of a warranty claim.
post #10 of 22 Old 04-08-11, 07:42 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Who is the local tech?

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.