Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

13Likes

post #41 of 53 Old 06-20-16, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Re: Attention - Password and Security Update

Quote:
Todd Anderson wrote: View Post
Creating a password using the new system might seem daunting and inconvenient, but it's easy to still create a password that's easy to remember.

I am concerned that the reset is causing old members to lose posting privileges. That's not good. If that's happening, please PM me ASAP.

I know this caught all of us by surprise, but hang in there and give it a chance.
I don't think that would happen, I think that should only happen if they change their emails, it would put their accounts in awaiting user confirmation until they have received an email in their inbox to confirm that they have indeed changed their email. But if that's the case... should we temporarily set up the usergroup: user awaiting confirmation to self-promote in 24/48 hours?

Lee

If you need Admin support please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 Old 06-22-16, 12:33 PM
Shackster

Well, this is my first time posting here and I received a prompt email from HTS with a new password and how to change it to one I can remember.

On the other hand, I lost the ability to log into my AVS account since the weekend and the password reset email never reached my inbox or spam folder and I tried filling the forgot password form many times but with no email response. I even tried contacting them manually twice using the contact form. No response yet and so I'm frustrated.

Maybe this forum will be my new source for all things AV.
post #43 of 53 Old 06-22-16, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
HT-GUY123 wrote: View Post
Well, this is my first time posting here and I received a prompt email from HTS with a new password and how to change it to one I can remember.

On the other hand, I lost the ability to log into my AVS account since the weekend and the password reset email never reached my inbox or spam folder and I tried filling the forgot password form many times but with no email response. I even tried contacting them manually twice using the contact form. No response yet and so I'm frustrated.

I am going to send you a PM to see if I can help you.

post #44 of 53 Old 06-22-16, 02:14 PM
Shackster

Quote:
CricketVS wrote: View Post
Quote:

Thanks, I appreciate it
post #45 of 53 Old 06-22-16, 02:19 PM
Shackster

Quote:
I received the PM but cannot reply directly to it yet (probably since I don't have enough posts yet). What email address should I send my AVS details to?

(I suppose you could send me another PM with that email address so I can send it directly via email.)
post #46 of 53 Old 06-22-16, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I received the PM but cannot reply directly to it yet (probably since I don't have enough posts yet). What email address should I send my AVS details to?

(I suppose you could send me another PM with that email address so I can send it directly via email.)
I just sent you a PM with the email address. Please let me know if you received it, and I will watch for your email now.
post #47 of 53 Old 06-22-16, 02:31 PM
Shackster

Quote:
Quote:

I just sent you a PM with the email address. Please let me know if you received it, and I will watch for your email now.
Hi, I received the pm and sent an email just now.
CricketVS likes this.
post #48 of 53 Old 06-22-16, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hi, I received the pm and sent an email just now.
Update for tech support team: This has been resolved.
post #49 of 53 Old 06-22-16, 03:06 PM
Shackster

Quote:
Update for tech support team: This has been resolved.
I'd like to say thanks again. Until recently, I didn't even know that these two AV forums were connected.
CricketVS likes this.
post #50 of 53 Old 06-30-16, 05:55 PM
Senior Shackster

I just finished reading this thread.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/us/s...alscope-breach

Each person is free to decide for themselves how serious this is or not.
In our hobby we appreciate good advice to improve our sound, in our business the same...

~Bob / Life, Love & the Blues