Nice job with the site - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 13 Old 09-20-06, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Mitch

My System
Nice job with the site

I just wanted to mention that I think you did a great job setting up these boards.
Things I like:

- The first post pop-up when the cursor is over a thread title.

- The easy-access to the "New Posts" search and the way it presents truly new posts as well as posts I didn't read last time.

- The easy-access to the "Mark Forums Read" button.

- The automatic subscription to started threads.

I'm on a few different boards for various things and although they all use the same vBulletin software it's clear that there are many different ways to configure things and I think you did a great job in configuring this site.

Thanks,

Mitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-20-06, 03:19 PM
Senior Shackster

Wayde

Re: Nice job with the site

I concur

Sonnie has worked hard on this forum and it shows.

Wayde
post #3 of 13 Old 09-20-06, 03:25 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Thanks for the comps! They are much appreciated.

post #4 of 13 Old 01-12-07, 09:19 AM
Atiomudio
Inactive

Post I need money

Hey guys!

www.hometheatershack.com is a great board! "Nice job with the site" is probably category for my question:

I hope someone can help me. I'm desperate to earn more money - and I
really need more money.. Working as slave of some burger or diner really sucks you know.. Especially for smart guys like me

So someone can someone please gimme some tips how to start a succesful online business?
I'm not a 'nerd' but workin' at home and with the internet would be pretty comfortable and I always wanted to that.

I'm sure some of you guys earn big cash? Any suggestions, where to start?

Thx'n bye
Atio
post #5 of 13 Old 01-12-07, 09:48 AM
Senior Shackster

Wayde

I hate to seem cynical Atio but getting to know the web and web culture will help as your first step.

Your first ever post to a forum being an off topic request for help the day you created the account would indicate you have some work ahead of you.

Wayde
post #6 of 13 Old 01-12-07, 10:48 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

Don't expect to make any profit with a forum (if any) for a while... like several years. Otherwise, it really depends on what you are knowledgeable with or willing to learn. There are lots of opportunities out there on the web, but it takes an awful lot of time and energy to make it work. It takes a long time to get your sites to where people can see them... nothing you can do except prepare them and wait. It's a challenge to say the least.
post #7 of 13 Old 01-12-07, 11:19 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Quote:
Mitch G wrote: View Post
I just wanted to mention that I think you did a great job setting up these boards.
Things I like:

- The first post pop-up when the cursor is over a thread title.

- The easy-access to the "New Posts" search and the way it presents truly new posts as well as posts I didn't read last time.

- The easy-access to the "Mark Forums Read" button.

- The automatic subscription to started threads.
Wow, some of these I didn’t even know about! How do the second and third items work?

Regards,
Wayne
post #8 of 13 Old 01-12-07, 11:43 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

Just click on the New Posts link in the navbar up top...

It will list all new posts since your last visit... and that you have not viewed.

Generally what I do is click on the "New Posts" link every time I visit the forum. I scroll down through the various posts and visit the ones I'm interested in or have time for. After each viewing/post, I click on the browsers Back button to go back to the New Posts listing. After I'm done visiting the ones I want to visit, I'll then click on the New Posts link again, in case someone else has posted since I first started. If I happen to get through all that I want to view and/or post in, and there are no more I care to view, I then click on the "Mark Forums Read" link... which will clear any leftovers from the New Posts listing. Next time I visit, I click the New Posts link and all I see are new posts since my last visit.

If you visit everyday, this is the easiest method to use right now... although there are times when there will be a couple of pages of new posts to sift through. There will come a point in time where it won't be feasible to use this... when we start seeing several hundred posts per day. It could still be used, but a challenge to follow and keep up with any way you look at it.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-15-07, 11:36 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Cool – thanks for the info!
post #10 of 13 Old 01-15-07, 02:25 PM
Friend of the Shack

Otto

Yeah, try the "New Posts" thing on AVS. It moves pretty dang fast.

Sonnie, I have a question -- can we put the "View First Unread" in the screen that I get when I hit "New Posts"? You know, sometimes when a thread has many pages (like The SWAMP), you get the pages to click on like "1 2 3 4... Last Post". Somewhere in that area, can you put a "View First Unread"? Then I don't have to go into the thread and scroll down to hit "View First Unread". And then go "back" twice.

Just a suggestion. And, yeah, great job on the site. I'm sure it must take a lot of effort, and I really do personally appreciate it.

Thanks!

-- Otto