Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Forum Help | Suggestions (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/forum-help-suggestions/)
-   -   I Pad App for Home Theater Shack (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/forum-help-suggestions/113545-i-pad-app-home-theater-shack.html)

Skytrooper 02-27-15 01:10 PM

I Pad App for Home Theater Shack

I downloaded the app, but am having trouble logging in. I tap the login screen and it then disappears which makes it impossible for me to log in. What's up with that? :help:

Sonnie 02-27-15 01:44 PM

Re: I Pad App for Home Theater Shack

Hmmm... not really sure. I don't have any issues logging in here with an iPhone 4S.

I think it would be hard to figure out unless we could duplicate the issue. Perhaps you know someone else who has a phone you could try it on and see it it may just be your phone.

Skytrooper 02-27-15 05:31 PM

I really like this site, but one reason I don't visit often is because my screen jumps all over making viewing difficult. I was hoping the app would cure that.

Gonna try my 4s and see if that works. Don't like to use the phone. Too small.

Thanks, Sonnie.

One more thing. Should I have got a indication that you replied? Didn't see one.

Sonnie 02-27-15 05:45 PM

Hmmm... first I have heard of a jumping screen. We get several hundred... many times thousands of users each day, some login, some don't. I don't think this issue is going to be on our end, as stated earlier, if it was it would happening to all users.

Yes... you get notifications of replies if you have your settings to automatically subscribe to threads you create or post in. I got notification of your post with no issues.

chashint 02-28-15 07:27 AM

I have the first iPad with lightning connector.
(Edit 2).... When using the safari browser.....
At initial log in the page loads and about 2 seconds later it jumps one time.
After that it never jumps again and whatever pages I go to do not jump.

(Edit 2 continued).... When using the HTS app....
I do not have any issues with the app on this iPad.
I am still on osi 7.1.2

Not that this info will help, but it's a data point.

Edit......
(Edit 2 continued again).... When using safari browser....
After paying closer attention to the way the pages load/reload maybe I would describe it as a jump.
Happens once on each page at initial load and most of the time it happens once when scrolling/swiping back to a previous page.
Never gave it much thought until right now, never really bugged me once I stopped trying to touch "new posts" before letting the home page get its wiggle out.

willis7469 02-28-15 09:03 AM

58 Attachment(s)
Data point...
My experience has been the same as Charlie's. iPhone 3GS, 5, and 6.(iOS 8.1.3) It works pretty smoothly, but I hate reaching up for the "back" button after using swipe gestures for everything else. I think visual update is also in order. A nit? Yes but...

chashint 02-28-15 09:44 AM

Oh yeah, in the app having to use the back button instead of a swipe is really odd.

Also added a little clarification tomy first post.

Skytrooper 02-28-15 02:03 PM

My 4s works fine. I no longer get the option to download the I Pad app when I go to this site. I deleted the app many times trying to start new. Like I said, when I did have the app, I would touch the logon, the keyboard would appear, I would touch the logon bar and it would then disappear making it impossible for me to logon.

Admin VS 03-02-15 01:28 PM

The forum app is run on forum runner so if you download the forum runner app and search for this forum, you'll find it. As for the login issue, I too am seeing a black screen when I try to login. A report about it has been sent to the tech team about it.

Also for clarification, what do you mean when you say the screen jumps? Does it redirect you to a random page on the forum?

Thanks for the help!

~Km, community support

Admin VS 03-02-15 04:06 PM

Hey guys, can those of you having the issue clarify what os you are using on your devices?
KN