Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Forum Help | Suggestions (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/forum-help-suggestions/)
-   -   This really bugs me. (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/forum-help-suggestions/143225-really-bugs-me.html)

Kal Rubinson 02-15-16 05:36 PM

This really bugs me.
 

If I click twice (by accident) or I click again after waiting for a response, I get a message that I cannot search again for 10-20 seconds. , it ain't a new seach, just an attempt to get the original one to work. It is very frustrating.

Do you really have a problem with people making serial searches in rapid succession?

Talley 02-15-16 06:33 PM

Re: This really bugs me.
 

It's to prevent web crawlers to bog server down.

willis7469 02-15-16 07:00 PM

Re: This really bugs me.
 

Quote:

Talley wrote: (Post 1392209)
It's to prevent web crawlers to bog server down.


This may be true, but it is irritating.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kal Rubinson 02-15-16 07:29 PM

Re: This really bugs me.
 

Quote:

willis7469 wrote: (Post 1392241)
This may be true, but it is irritating.

Yup. Just happened to me again. I logged on and clicked on "New Posts." When there was no response in 3 seconds, I clicked again thinking I had missed the target and I had to sit in the corner for a 20 second time out.

theJman 02-15-16 07:52 PM

Re: This really bugs me.
 

I'm not getting that, but I have elevated access so my experience may not be indicative of what others are seeing.

chashint 02-15-16 09:19 PM

Quote:

Kal Rubinson wrote: (Post 1392153)
If I click twice (by accident) or I click again after waiting for a response, I get a message that I cannot search again for 10-20 seconds. , it ain't a new seach, just an attempt to get the original one to work. It is very frustrating. Do you really have a problem with people making serial searches in rapid succession?

I get it too, and yes it is annoying.

willis7469 02-15-16 09:24 PM

Re: This really bugs me.
 

I think Kal ruined it for everyone. Now we're all in a timeout! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonyvdb 02-15-16 10:06 PM

Re: This really bugs me.
 

This is not a new thing as it did it n the old forum as well but agree it's annoying when it happens.

Kal Rubinson 02-15-16 10:22 PM

Re: This really bugs me.
 

Quote:

tonyvdb wrote: (Post 1392473)
This is not a new thing as it did it n the old forum as well but agree it's annoying when it happens.

I know it didn't start with the new forum interface but it has just gotten my goat today.

chashint 02-15-16 10:47 PM

Quote:

tonyvdb wrote: (Post 1392473)
This is not a new thing as it did it n the old forum as well but agree it's annoying when it happens.

Yep, nothing new, always been annoying.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright ©2006 - 2019, Home Theater Shack, LLC.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 


For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome