What Do You Want To See? - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 26 Old 07-05-07, 10:45 AM
Elite Shackster

Bill

Re: What Do You Want To See?

Quote:
Prof. wrote: View Post
I may not go with a particular type that you and Bill have presented, but that information will have helped me to come to a decision, and will for anyone who is considering a DIY screen..
What do I want to see? I want to see Prof. fully document whatever screen he goes with so everyone can see it and have another viable option! Especially the guys down under where a lot of the things we use and test either aren't available or cost the same as a small house down there!

As much as it could appear to some, I am not solely about one method as the only method. I sincerely want to see all forms of screen application explored and the best results from those tests and exploration presented for people to see and then they can decide for themselves what suits their needs and skills the best.

Those are just some of the things I would like to see!

"Make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Albert Einstein

"If all else fails, spin the cat."- Grzboken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old 07-05-07, 11:15 AM
Elite Shackster

Bill

Quote:
tiddler wrote: View Post
It is my belief that the vast majority of visitors to a site like this just want to see what their options are and then clear instructions on how to implement their choice. That belief leads me to be concern about starting threads to share brain storming, experimenting, development, and theoretical discussions. I try to clearly distinguish the type of thread by the contents of its title. While I may stray from my own naming conventions for experimentation threads I always identify threads that contain a DIY Screen "SOLUTION". So that is how I try to make sure the majority of our visitors can find the solutions that I have offered up.
I think the mad hatter threads are good too and just as important. Granted the average person coming here may not get involved or be interested in those topics, but it does provide an open session for things to be discussed and from there ideas for new threads can blossom.

We can start a thread devoted just to that, the discussion of ideas and thoughts that are sometimes out side of the box thinking and from there it can grow, or be decided it was not such a good idea. I'm with you, sometimes a failure causes more thought than an easy success.

"Make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Albert Einstein

"If all else fails, spin the cat."- Grzboken
post #23 of 26 Old 07-05-07, 07:13 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

Quote:
wbassett wrote: View Post
What do I want to see? I want to see Prof. fully document whatever screen he goes with so everyone can see it and have another viable option! Especially the guys down under where a lot of the things we use and test either aren't available or cost the same as a small house down there!
You're dead right there Bill..I've excluded any laminates as a screen material since I would need to take out a second mortgage to pay for it down here!!..And as for a laminate bigger than 8'x4'.."Yeah we'll get it in for you if you buy a pallet"..

When I finally move to the new house and start setting up the theatre, I'll be documenting the build process with pics, and giving some info. on the new screen material process..Believe me, it will be the most simple inexpensive way to make a good screen..
I've almost decided on a modified Melamine screen material...I tested a sample of this recently against my current Nulon screen and it's almost identical through the colour spectrum..with excellent blacks, but not quite as good whites..I might just have to live with that...

post #24 of 26 Old 07-07-07, 07:50 AM
Senior Shackster
muzz

Thumbs up Re: What Do You Want To See?

I wanna see more Pearl!!

heheheh

m
post #25 of 26 Old 07-07-07, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
Tiddler

Quote:
muzz wrote: View Post
I wanna see more Pearl!!

heheheh

m
The Pearl investigations are still in the works. Keep an eye on the Clear Coat Experimentation thread.

My curiosity just took me off in another direction for a little bit. I still see great potential in adding pearl to the clear top coat. It does seem to add gain without the hot spotting problems that surface sheen does. It also seems that contrary to what the "experts" were telling us there is no severe narrowing of the viewing cone.

Welcome to the Shacl Muzz & stay tuned . . .
post #26 of 26 Old 07-07-07, 09:27 AM
Senior Shackster
muzz

Thumbs up Re: What Do You Want To See?

Quote:
mechman wrote: View Post
It appears that muzz has beaten us all to the Shack! Nov. 2006

Good to see you muzz!

heheheh

Good to see you guys as well!!