Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   General Screen Discussion (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/general-screen-discussion/)
-   -   Motorized projector screen POP UP, not DROP DOWN (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/general-screen-discussion/5112-motorized-projector-screen-pop-up-not-drop-down.html)

EchoMike 06-07-07 11:43 AM

Motorized projector screen POP UP, not DROP DOWN

Hello all,

I have a buddy who is constructing an outside bar/kitchen area. In addition to that he is asking about installing a projector on the back patio, and projecting towards the bar.

My question is, are there any units on the market that will all ow the screen to come up out of the bar? I've seen many units that come down from the ceiling, but this is an unusual case. I have not been able to look, but I'm also very new to all of this.

There has to be a way to make this happen.

Thanks for your help.

bpape 06-07-07 12:43 PM

Re: Motorized projector screen POP UP, not DROP DOWN

Oh yeah. Units like this are made for things like end of a bed, around a railing at the edge of a room, etc. Check with Chief Mounts.

Bryan

Sonnie 06-07-07 04:04 PM

This might be better placed in the screen forum for future reference.

wbassett 06-09-07 03:08 PM

Quote:

EchoMike wrote: (Post 38787)
... There has to be a way to make this happen...

Thanks for your help.

Hiya EchoMike and welcome to the Shack.

Sorry about not getting back to you on this, but yeah as you said there has to be a way to make this happen, and I do know of someone that did a setup like this.

They had to design it and build it themselves, so were you looking for something pre made, or are you handy with building things yourself?

In the meantime I'll look around to see if I can find who makes a unit like this, I know they are out there. I'll also see if I can get a list of materials the person used to make one, but if I remember correctly, it took them a long time to engineer it to get it to work the way they wanted it to. (As in almost a year... but that was also something being built for the first time).

Anyway, I'll look around and I am sure others will too. :)

Welcome aboard!

EchoMike 06-12-07 07:57 AM

Thanks alot guys!!!! I really aprreciate all the help, and advice. Actually, I was given the wrong information. The situation will be reveresed. Screen will be "in" the patio that has a ceiling so we are going to flush mount a nice ceiling unit hopefully. Now we just have to find the right projector, and then calculate out the viewing area, but I'll open that as a seperate post.

If you can get the design for that unti that would be a cool thing to have though