Panamax MAX 5400-EX - Deal of the Weekend! - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 68 Old 02-01-08, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Panamax MAX 5400-EX - Deal of the Weekend!

Panamax MAX 5400-EX

This is over... sold out!

I got an email from our OneCall affiliate adviser showing this product would be on sale this weekend for $248. I know it retails for $750 and I also know what dealer cost is since I'm an authorized Panamax dealer. $248 would be less than my cost on a 5300-EX. I wasn't even going to post the price because I knew it was an error. I even tried the link and sure enough it was carting for $500... only discounted $248 instead of being discounted $500 and priced at $248. I sent our adviser an email and advised him he goofed on the price. I made the statement that I'd like to advertise it at that price, but I know it will never happen. A little bit later he emails me back and says... "Give it 10 minutes and it will cart at $248.00." Yep... it is indeed priced at $248 using the provided link below.

This is an excellent price and if you have been looking to get this type of protection and/or have been on the fence about whether to buy something similar... this may be a great opportunity for you. This pricing is scheduled to end on 2/4/08 and I'm not sure how many they have... so if you want one you might want to pull the trigger immediately. I doubt we'll ever see this product at this price again.

$748.00 Retail
$500.00 Discount
$248.00 YOUR COST DELIVERED 3 DAY FEDEX

NOTE: YOU MUST USE OUR LINK TO GET THIS PRICE... OTHERWISE YOU WILL SEE IT PRICED AT $499.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 Old 02-01-08, 11:22 PM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System
Re: Panamax MAX 5400-EX - Deal of the Weekend!

Sonnie I just got your email and checked it out... this looks like a really nice unit and a great price. I'm just wondering if you know if they'll ship to Canada? I'll probably order one if they do, I've been wanting to get something like this.

Thanks for the heads up!

- OJ -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #3 of 68 Old 02-01-08, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

You know... I'm not sure. I would try it and see. I don't suppose they can ship it via Fedex... or does Fedex run into Canada? If they do, they may charge more or you may have to work out the details with them.

post #4 of 68 Old 02-02-08, 12:07 AM
Shackster
West Hubbard

Wow,
I can't thank you enough for this post (I saw it in the email first). I was just waiting to get a deal on this EXACT model. I've already bought one for myself, and I'm really thinking that I should buy a bunch more to sell on ebay, but when it comes down to it I feel that buying them to sell on ebay would be morally wrong, considering how nice onecall has been to actually hold up their price of $248, and free shipping.

thanks again
post #5 of 68 Old 02-02-08, 12:44 AM
dali71
Inactive

Thanks for e-mailing me this sweet deal! Onecall is a great company, so I ordered one right away. I can't wait to see what this does for my headphone rig
post #6 of 68 Old 02-02-08, 02:52 AM
Senior Shackster

Steve

I got in on this one. I have got to stop spending money.
post #7 of 68 Old 02-02-08, 08:33 AM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

FedEx does ship here, but they tack on ridiculous brokerage fees from what I remember. I'll email and see how the USPS option would work to Canada, and post when I know more.

- OJ -

post #8 of 68 Old 02-02-08, 11:16 AM

Looks like a very good deal. Hard to resist this, but the 5400-EX does not have a voltage regulator. How important is voltage regulation? Is it mostly to correct irregularities in the AC line or make up for high load that draws voltage down? This looks like the last puzzle piece of my upcoming HT, have not done any research on this yet.
post #9 of 68 Old 02-02-08, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

I've never seen too many folks worried about voltage regulation.

What I like about the Panamax is the flexibility it offers. I'm not much into the "power conditioning" side of it. I suppose if you have some equipment that is poorly designed, it may help. As far as flexibility... the Panamax offers me enough spaces to connect everything like I want. In some cases I want "Switched" and in some cases I want "Always On" and in some cases I need the "Delayed On/Off". The 12volt Trigger is also convenient. Of course you have plenty of options for plugging everything in... A/C, cable and telephone lines will all be protected from surges and sags (overcurrent and undercurrent).

Generally I would say just buy a cheap one, but the cheap ones don't come with all this type of flexibility... IF YOU NEED the options! Plus this does fit nicely in the equipment rack.
post #10 of 68 Old 02-02-08, 12:45 PM
GeorgeH
Inactive

Sonnie, thanks for the tip on this - I ordered one last night.

Interestingly, if you go to the site right now, the price is back up to $499.