Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2015 Discussion Thread - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 18 Old 10-03-15, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2015 Discussion Thread

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2015 Discussion Thread

Dennis and Wayne are having a grand time in Denver. Wish Y'all were here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 10-05-15, 08:09 AM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System
Re: Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2015 Discussion Thread

Both Wayne and Dennis have covered a lot of ground at this famous show - and compiled a small mountain of written coverage with great pics. Impressive work; yet so much fun. What a hobby! What a life!
I'm overwhelmed with the sheer number of mini-reviews and comments they posted, but am enjoying every minute of catching up. Thanks to you both for your impressive effort and accomplishment!

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #3 of 18 Old 10-05-15, 09:38 AM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

Quote:
AudiocRaver wrote: View Post
OK, I have been waiting for years for a vinyl system to convince me that it is possible for vinyl to beat digital, or at least to feel that it could be possible. I just heard it. .... It all comes to almost $100,000 without exotic cables, but why stop there? I have heard it, and I now believe it. Vinyl CAN rival digital. Simply Amazing. Clarity. Dynamics. Smoooooth response. Engaging. Amazing. You have never heard anything like it. Did I say Amazing? I might have, but I am going to say it again. AMAZING!
Everyone knows bits are for kids! I know: Boooooo! Sorry, couldn't resist. Everyone "knows" digital is better, right? Just look at the investment required for analog to catch up. The rest of us "know" that much cheaper turntables closely deliver the goods. Will double-blind ABX trials reveal a $99k difference? Who cares when you're having this much listening fun!

Quote:
If you are thinking about high-end vinyl, Dynamic Sounds Associates is the company to talk to. Want to save some serious cash doing it? Fagetaboutit, ain't gonna happen. Their man Dave Sckolnik is more an authority about vinyl and vinyl reproduction than any other 10 men alive, and is a lot of fun to talk to. If you live within 100 miles of Denver, COME HEAR THIS ROOM. It won't cure hair loss, but it might change your life. In fact, for that sound, take the hair loss. Easily worth it in trade! (It will still cost you the $100 grand, too, though.)
It's reassuring to hear there are others to carry the vinyl baton after the passing of legendary Doug Sax and Stan Ricker. Here's a quick (not so shiny & gleaming) peek behind the scenes at the other end of the vinyl reproduction chain:

Unrestored American Record Presses Acquired by Acoustic Sounds for APO

post #4 of 18 Old 10-05-15, 10:04 AM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

Quote:
I spent a very special, very private, almost intimate hour with the Vapor Audio Perfect Storms last night after hours.
And that might be a good nick-name for the Vapor Audio Perfect Storm high-performance speakers, Just For Fun. They are fun and accurate and make everything seem easy. The best speakers make it seem like speaker design must be the easiest job on the planet. I kinda doubt it, even though the Perfect Storm seemed to insist that Ryan and Pete and team did very little. They have a life of their own, and I fell in love with them for the second time in a year. I have to stop listening to them, walking away gets harder every time.
Sit up and take notice when a speaker guru likes a design this much. Most of us may not be able to afford a pair of these puppies, but each of us owes themselves a listening session to hear and understand how far music can carry our emotions. Only then can we fairly judge lesser models - even if it does involve crying!

post #5 of 18 Old 10-05-15, 12:53 PM
Senior Shackster

prerich

Nice coverage AudioRaver!!!!
post #6 of 18 Old 10-06-15, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

SO many rooms. SO much to see. SO many people to talk to.

It was three days of visceral overload and audio joy.
post #7 of 18 Old 10-06-15, 12:43 PM
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System
Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post
Both Wayne and Dennis have covered a lot of ground at this famous show - and compiled a small mountain of written coverage with great pics. Impressive work; yet so much fun. What a hobby! What a life!
I'm overwhelmed with the sheer number of mini-reviews and comments they posted, but am enjoying every minute of catching up. Thanks to you both for your impressive effort and accomplishment!
Thank you for your kind observation, Lou. I am worn out from all the running to and fro, but it sure is fun shedding light on new gear for our valued members.

I took some detailed pictures, but they got compressed badly. I'll be fixing that, and both Wayne and I have little more coverage to add. So, stay tuned!

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks
post #8 of 18 Old 10-07-15, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

As of this posting, the Reporting thread has 1375 reads. That is very rewarding.
post #9 of 18 Old 10-08-15, 06:18 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

How can we help but read your reviews, we truely are living vicariously through you guys!!! Thanks for the great reviews.

And it's not so important that we all can't afford these types of systems. Just a few short years ago, very few of us could affort the systems we have now!!!
post #10 of 18 Old 10-08-15, 07:11 PM
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System
Quote:
Tonto wrote: View Post
How can we help but read your reviews, we truely are living vicariously through you guys!!! Thanks for the great reviews.

And it's not so important that we all can't afford these types of systems. Just a few short years ago, very few of us could affort the systems we have now!!!
Thanks, Tonto!

Agreed, few of us can afford the ne plus ultra, but it does help to know what it sounds like.

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks