Lone Star Audio Fest 2013 (Dallas, Texas) - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 44 Old 05-06-13, 07:55 AM
Elite Shackster

Luther

My System
Re: Lone Star Audio Fest 2013 (Dallas, Texas)

Quote:
Wayne Parham wrote: View Post
I just uploaded some image files onto the LSAF forum on ART. Feel free to use 'em here if you want.
Link: http://audioroundtable.com/forum/ind...ed=1&&start=40

~There are many roads to nirvana, while the ultimate goal is the destination, don't forget to enjoy the ride~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 05-06-13, 11:08 AM
HTS Moderator

AJ

My System
LSAF 2013 Official Show Report Discussion Thread

Joe, Sonny, Dennis,

Thank you all for stopping in, including the reruns.
I can now say I've experienced both Babes chicken and the hokey pokey. It was fun.
That was a looong drive back, but made it in one piece.
See you next year ;-)

cheers,

AJ
post #33 of 44 Old 05-06-13, 11:31 AM
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System

I made the drive home in 11 hours, arrived about 1:15am. It was quite a haul down there and back, but well worth it. Gotta hear some fantastic 2 channel audio/video systems, meet fellow enthusiasts, eat some good food, and listen to music into the wee hours of the morning.

It was great to finally meet HTS owner Sonnie Parker, HTS moderator Joe Alexander, AJ of Soundfield Audio, Wayne Parham of Pi Speakers, Danny Richie of GR Research, make the acquaintance of Phil Bamberg of Bamberg Audio, and all the other great guys and gals that exhibited at and attended the Lone Star Audio Fest.

I'll organize my pictures and thoughts, and get them posted up.

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks

post #34 of 44 Old 05-06-13, 11:54 AM
Elite Shackster

Joe

My System

I have created an "official" discussion thread for the show - you can find it here:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...on-thread.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #35 of 44 Old 05-07-13, 03:17 AM
Shackster
Anis Y Jiwani

Smile Re: Lone Star Audio Fest 2013 (Dallas, Texas)

I would like to take the opportunity here to thank the team for visiting our room (The Black Hole Audio/Video) at the LSAF held last weekend. Thank you Dennis for inviting me to post on this forum as well.

I had taken some pictures and posted them on Audio Round Table forum for anyone interested in checking them out.

Anis at The Black Hole Audio Video
post #36 of 44 Old 05-07-13, 11:04 AM
Elite Shackster

Joe

My System

Quote:
quadophile wrote: View Post
I would like to take the opportunity here to thank the team for visiting our room (The Black Hole Audio/Video) at the LSAF held last weekend. Thank you Dennis for inviting me to post on this forum as well.

I had taken some pictures and posted them on Audio Round Table forum for anyone interested in checking them out.

Thanks for a great experience at the show Anis - glad to have you join us here! And, thanks for the offer for photography help!

Joe

post #37 of 44 Old 05-07-13, 06:01 PM
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System

Quote:
quadophile wrote: View Post

Anis, I really enjoyed my time in yours and Tony's room, that system was the best bang for the buck I heard at the show.

Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks
post #38 of 44 Old 05-07-13, 10:13 PM
Shackster
Anis Y Jiwani

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
Thanks for a great experience at the show Anis - glad to have you join us here! And, thanks for the offer for photography help!

Joe
Joe,

The pleasure was all mine, glad to know you enjoyed it, we did too!

As for photography offer, I have been doing it as a serious hobby since 43 years so it about time I pay the dues back to the society
post #39 of 44 Old 05-07-13, 10:27 PM
Shackster
Anis Y Jiwani

Quote:
tesseract wrote: View Post
Anis, I really enjoyed my time in yours and Tony's room, that system was the best bang for the buck I heard at the show.

Welcome to Home Theater Shack!
Thank you very much for that valuable feedback. We got similar comments frome a few other visitors as well, You may not know how good we felt knowing our hard work was acknowledged.

Tony and myself are firm believers in the synergy of the system and that is what we strive to achieve, we also have found out that synergy of the system on the whole along with the room is not necessarily achieved by how much you spend, but it is achievable by careful planning and combination of each and every component in the chain, there are audiophools out there who think that by buying more expensive equipment they can improve the sound. Far from it, money surely can help you buy expensive equipment but it cannot possibly buy synergy (period).

Thank you again for the appreciation.

Anis at The Black Hole Audio/Video
post #40 of 44 Old 05-07-13, 10:36 PM
Shackster

I was bummed that I missed the dinner Friday night. I had visitors in my room until late, well after dinner.
The show had unusually high traffic on Friday, and I just let the time get away from me.

Most years, Friday is kind of slow with just a few guests. It sort of made it possible for exhibitors to visit with one another. Lots of gear swapping and dialing in happens on Friday. Sort of like when a NASCAR guy blows an engine so another team loans them their spare. Then Saturday is always slammed. Sunday was always load-out day, with a few guests returning to close the deal on purchases, have a second look, and various other "last day" activities.

I hope next year to make dinner with everyone. That is always one of my favorite things to do. Now that Rudy's has come up from Austin to Dallas, my vote is we all go there. I love that place!

I think another thing we'll probably do next year is to have seminars. Most years, I've done my "Crossover Electronics 101" seminar. We study various crossover circuits schematics along with their transfer functions. Then we play music through a circuit of each configuration shown. Then we change damping and listen again. This illustrates things like the way quarter-wave modes in a horn will manifest in the response curve. We show (and listen to) a second-order filter with and without a Zobel. The peaks that are shown in the transfer functon become audible, so this makes these kinds of effects become "real" for the beginner in this hobby.

Other seminars have included tube amp design (from various experts), acoustic measurements (from Keith Larson) and woodworking seminars (from Bill Epstein). They're usually very informative and enjoyable.

Can't wait to do it again!