AXPONA 2013 Official Show Report Discussion Thread - Page 9 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #81 of 102 Old 03-19-13, 05:46 PM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System
Re: AXPONA 2013 Official Show Report Discussion Thread

Funny story, I just checked my e-mail and audiogon sent a link to there coverage, guess what, more videos and nothing to read.

For me it is just a lazy approach and seems more like a marketing video then the fine quality reporting you did Joe. I usually fast forward through commercials like most people so why do these other places make there coverage like a commercial?

Once again thanks Joe, it's refreshing to read great reporting on these shows and not have to watch an infomercial.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 102 Old 03-19-13, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
sub_crazy wrote: View Post
Awesome report Joe

As others have already mentioned this is some of the best show coverage I have seen on a website, I really enjoyed it and can't wait for future coverage.

I really don't have anything to add in which you can improve on, it was all good for me. I really appreciated all the pictures, list of components and the review of the room. Maybe the best advice would be to keep it the same, sometimes adding more does not necessarily make it better. I do notice some online magazines have begun putting video interviews of the sales person talking about the product. I personally don't like that as generally it is boring so maybe don't add that to your list of things to do. I much more preferred your pics, components list and thoughts to any online interview from CES.

You really brought the show to life for those who could not be there, thank you for that.
Thanks Mike! And, thanks for the suggestion. When I walked into this, I decided to treat it like I would treat a GTG and focus on analyzing each system. It made it feel more comfortable for me - I did not feel like a reporter, I felt more like a guy there to audition a system.

Quote:
sub_crazy wrote: View Post
Funny story, I just checked my e-mail and audiogon sent a link to there coverage, guess what, more videos and nothing to read.

For me it is just a lazy approach and seems more like a marketing video then the fine quality reporting you did Joe. I usually fast forward through commercials like most people so why do these other places make there coverage like a commercial?

Once again thanks Joe, it's refreshing to read great reporting on these shows and not have to watch an infomercial.
I got that same one! I also got one from AXPONA that was all videos. The AXPONA web site has links to show reports from different places - I am hoping they will add a link to ours as it seems most are just as you said - a commercial. Joe consumer can see that on the websites for each of the systems.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #83 of 102 Old 03-20-13, 12:47 AM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System

Axpona would be wise to add a link to your coverage, it is a lot better exposure for them than anyone other site.

post #84 of 102 Old 03-21-13, 06:22 PM
Senior Shackster

Dan

Fine job Joe, and Thats the Facts Jack!
post #85 of 102 Old 03-21-13, 09:33 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

I have no idea why they have not added a link to our coverage, yet have added several others. We started our coverage on the 8th and Joe pretty much continued with in-depth details non-stop. I suppose we are not far enough up the totem pole to get their attention as soon as some others did. I am very disappointed to say the least. Joe worked very hard and certainly deserves full recognition by Axpona. This will be great advertising for them... could be better if they had paid closer attention to us.

I sent an email to Steve a few days ago with links. I sent another tonight and got an auto-responder that he is out of pocket until April 8th. So I suppose if they do link to us, it probably will not be until then. Hopefully my emails will not get to buried among his other emails. It's a shame because there will no doubt be more people visiting their site within the first few weeks of the show to get links to show coverage... which means a LOT of people who visit their site will probably go to the other coverages and will miss out on the BEST coverage of the show.

We should get more appreciation of our coverage from the other shows once they see the type of coverage we provide. Maybe next year Axpona will be a little more prompt in recognizing us as well.

Please be sure to use their Contact Us and let them know what you think of Joe's coverage.
post #86 of 102 Old 03-22-13, 11:12 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

Heard back from Steve and says he will get the link up soon.
post #87 of 102 Old 03-24-13, 08:57 AM
Snake River Audio

Hello Joe, Sonnie, and everyone here at HTS!

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Joe for his great article. You guys have quite a valuable asset here in him, so don't let him slip away or get bored, by any means!

From a manufacturer's perspective who's done a lot of shows, Joe's reporting was a breath of fresh air. Finally, someone who actually took the time to sit and take notes, and accurately report what his senses were telling him. As the reader of his article, it was very easy to re-live his experiences vicariously through his writings and pictures. As you might guess, we are often stuck in our own showrooms, and don't often get time to go visit other rooms and systems. I loved reading Joe's writings, and of course kept waiting and waiting to read his thoughts of our own rooms. He must have known I was watching, as he waited to add us in until the very last entry!

I also loved the neutral, unbiased non-advertising-customer-leaning approach that Joe was able to take. From one of the "small guys" who has an amazing product but not a big ad budget, it was great to get equally thorough reporting and recognition.

So, to Joe - Thank you, man! You are greatly appreciated!

And to everyone else here at HTS, thank you for providing such an open-air place to share experiences and information, and allowing articles like Joe's to have a home.

May your ears always be smiling!
Jonny Wilson
President, Snake River Audio
post #88 of 102 Old 03-24-13, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
SnakeRiverAudio wrote: View Post
Hello Joe, Sonnie, and everyone here at HTS!

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Joe for his great article. You guys have quite a valuable asset here in him, so don't let him slip away or get bored, by any means!

From a manufacturer's perspective who's done a lot of shows, Joe's reporting was a breath of fresh air. Finally, someone who actually took the time to sit and take notes, and accurately report what his senses were telling him. As the reader of his article, it was very easy to re-live his experiences vicariously through his writings and pictures. As you might guess, we are often stuck in our own showrooms, and don't often get time to go visit other rooms and systems. I loved reading Joe's writings, and of course kept waiting and waiting to read his thoughts of our own rooms. He must have known I was watching, as he waited to add us in until the very last entry!

I also loved the neutral, unbiased non-advertising-customer-leaning approach that Joe was able to take. From one of the "small guys" who has an amazing product but not a big ad budget, it was great to get equally thorough reporting and recognition.

So, to Joe - Thank you, man! You are greatly appreciated!

And to everyone else here at HTS, thank you for providing such an open-air place to share experiences and information, and allowing articles like Joe's to have a home.

May your ears always be smiling!
Jonny Wilson
President, Snake River Audio
Welcome to HTS Jonny!

Thanks for taking the time to read through the thread and post - I really appreciate your feedback and am glad that, from a manufacturer's point of view, you found this show review beneficial. Hope to run into you again at another show!

post #89 of 102 Old 03-24-13, 10:20 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

While I was in the rooms, I did meet with John Atkinson of Stereophile and he was sitting diligently reading his notes and discussing the secrets of one of the vendors. He did listen quite intently but his words must be read more and the fact that he owns the magazine may help. I also met Valin and Harley but they were on the main floor pushing books and chating. I think the above descriptions do need to be out there as Joe is very correct. While not everyone will agree with what is posted, they will all have a good read.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #90 of 102 Old 03-25-13, 10:30 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

Hi Jonny... thank you for the kind words.

Joe isn't going anywhere. If he does he won't be able to write or type.