Fraser Valley Vintage Audio Fair - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 28 Old 09-05-13, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Exclamation Fraser Valley Vintage Audio Fair

Hi Folks!

First I would like to thank Bob with Creative Sound Solutions for telling me about this forum and inviting me to post our event here.

There will be an audio fair and swap meet at the Cultus Lake Community Hall, 4220 Columbia Valley Highway, Cultus Lake, BC on Sunday, September 29th from 10AM to 4 PM.

CSS (Creative Sound Solutions) is a sponsor of the event.

The focus will be on good DIY and commercial gear, vinyl, CD's, speakers parts and cables.

If you are bringing gear as a user, we would like to know as we need to coordinate efforts to keep things tidy and not an acoustic mess with several systems playing at once.

There will be one showcase area where you can choose an amplifier, preamp, speakers, etc. If you have music on CD or vinyl, you may bring it.

Admission is free (but feel free to donate).

As I cannot yet post links or email addresses, pics of the hall and directions can be found by Googling "Cultus Lake Community Hall"

There are accommodations for out of town folk in the form of local hotels, motels and cabins.

Coffee and tea will be provided by donation and we're working on getting a food cart to attend.

More info to come as available.

Please post questions and we will be able to get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers!

EDIT by Mike P.

Pics of the hall can be found here:
Facilities

Questions and/or vendor inquiries can be sent to:
[email protected]
or
[email protected]

Last edited by Geek; 09-16-13 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Info Update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 09-05-13, 05:37 AM
Elite Shackster

Mike

Re: Fraser Valley Vintage Audio Fair

Quote:
As I cannot yet post links or email addresses,
But I can.

First post edited to include required information.

We're all in this together!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #3 of 28 Old 09-05-13, 08:41 AM
CSS Owner
Bob

Quote:
Mike P. wrote: View Post
But I can.

First post edited to include required information.
Thanks Mike, Gregg, and Al.

We're having another meeting next Tuesday to look over the facility so we can work out the layout for the tables, listening area, etc. So far the prize donations include some CSS kits, new tweeters, and something from Mark Fenlon of Mark Audio who will be visiting Canada at that time and hopes to attend. Tickets will be sold for the various prizes.

Bob

post #4 of 28 Old 09-05-13, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Thanks Mike!

Just to update, the Lakeside Beach Club will be providing food service for our event.

Cheers!
post #5 of 28 Old 09-05-13, 07:59 PM
Shackster

Would have liked to go but got a business course scheduled for that weekend.
post #6 of 28 Old 09-05-13, 09:10 PM
Banned!

Quote:
Creative Sound wrote: View Post

Thanks Mike, Gregg, and Al.

We're having another meeting next Tuesday to look over the facility so we can work out the layout for the tables, listening area, etc. So far the prize donations include some CSS kits, new tweeters, and something from Mark Fenlon of Mark Audio who will be visiting Canada at that time and hopes to attend. Tickets will be sold for the various prizes.

Bob
Will it only.be music or.will you.have a home theater setup as well. I would like to see three of your speakers in a.lcr setup . Interested to see how clear it is for dialogue
post #7 of 28 Old 09-06-13, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Music only this round. This will be our inaugural year. If there's a tonne of HT enthusiasts, we might do a second room with the HT thing next year

Also it appears that we will have the great honour of having an audio talk by Mark Fenlon of Mark Audio!

Cheers!
post #8 of 28 Old 09-09-13, 08:37 PM
CSS Owner
Bob

Got word from Mark Fenlon that he's donating a pair of Alpair6 drivers.

Thanks Mark
post #9 of 28 Old 09-10-13, 09:04 PM
CSS Owner
Bob

We visited the location today and tried to think through a layout for the tables, listening area, etc. It's pretty basic but that's OK for the first year.

If you want me to bring anything please let me know as there are deals and you obviously don't have to pay shipping.

Bob
post #10 of 28 Old 09-11-13, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

It's pretty easy to find, folks.

Follow the signs to Cultus Lake and the community hall will be on your left hand side.

If you cross the bridge and find yourself in a roundabout (traffic circle), you've gone too far. Just go right around the roundabout and head back. The sign will be obvious.

Just to update on the food, it will be basics, BBQ hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. No crab cakes or pate du foie gras on saffron crackers

Cheers!