2013 Rocky Mountain Audio Festival Official Show Report TEMPORARY Discussion Thread - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Closed Thread

post #11 of 23 Old 10-15-13, 01:29 PM
Angel City Audio

woofersus

My System
Re: 2013 Rocky Mountain Audio Festival Official Show Report Discussion Thread

It was great to meet Sonnie and Dennis over the weekend. Thanks for stopping in!

Tim Evans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ACA, Melody, Onix, NuForce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 Old 10-15-13, 08:04 PM
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System

Tim, it was really cool to finally meet you and Hugh. I really enjoyed the gear you guys had to show.

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks
post #13 of 23 Old 10-16-13, 08:47 AM
Angel City Audio

Morning,

It's finally good to have met Sonnie and Dennis.

Thanks guys for stopping by our room.

Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Melody US Distributor

post #14 of 23 Old 10-16-13, 11:51 AM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

I've said this elsewhere, but it seems appropriate to say so here. I got to meet Sonnie and Joe at the room I was working, and it was a pleasure. I was very impressed with the thorough nature of their audition and it was obvious they were taking it very seriously. No surprise I'm sure to those that followed the $1000 shootout recently. Looking forward to the show reports that are sure to come shortly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
post #15 of 23 Old 10-18-13, 02:01 PM
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Had a great time at the show. Kudos to our sponsors for their fun rooms and superb presentations. I did not personally meet everyone I had hoped to, but enjoyed the time I was able to spend with those I did! Already looking forward to next year!
post #16 of 23 Old 10-18-13, 05:03 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike

Quote:
HughACA wrote: View Post
Morning,

It's finally good to have met Sonnie and Dennis.

Thanks guys for stopping by our room.
Hugh - I remember your room, I really enjoyed listening to your Trinity speakers.

post #17 of 23 Old 10-19-13, 03:07 AM
Senior Shackster
Sean

My System

Wow - looks like a good time was had by all. So many great industry shows south of the border ( the US / Canada Border that is ... Too bad I can't whisk off for an audio weekend and meet some of the people that make forums like this great. For what it's worth, the TAVES show in Toronto is coming up in a couple of weeks - and I'm looking forward to poking around there. Some of our Canadian speaker manufacturers should be out in force, and am looking forward to auditioning some PSB's ( I've got a 9 channel setup with them ) - Axiom's ( the M80 in particular ) and of course Paradigms ( my Dad got me a pair of bookshelves for Christmas way back when I was about 21, and I've loved their sound ever since ). Should be great!
post #18 of 23 Old 10-19-13, 07:33 AM
Shackster
Leland

Newbie here, at least in posting. I joined I don't remember how long ago, but I've been heavily involved in the Pro world and neglected home audio. Attended the RMAF for the first time this year at the invitation of Duke Lejuene of Audio Kinesis. Fun. I hadn't messed with hi end home audio for years. I heard some amazing stuff, and some overpriced not so amazing stuff. Aside from Duke's cabs, which were spectacular, one booth in particular gave me goose bumps, and I cannot remember the name. Audio Classics I think, it's an update I think of an altec design with a tractrix horn mid and 2 15's, one downfiring.
post #19 of 23 Old 10-19-13, 10:57 AM
Senior Shackster

DG

My System

I really need to attend this show next year. I miss the feeling of goose bumps when you hear something new and exciting. Looking forward to reading tons of great reviews and feedback on the new toys. Cedia was a total letdown (I need a new projector) so lets see what kind of magic turned up at RMAF

20% bettter, Right direction

post #20 of 23 Old 10-19-13, 11:32 AM
Senior Shackster

Ender

My System

I was just reading Kimber Kables Facebook post about the event and was quite jealous that I wasnt there to get some of their PB&J custom colored cables they were making on the spot.

It also woulda been nice to meet you fella's and some of the other folks there.
Closed Thread