Houston DIY Home Theater Group? - Page 21 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #201 of 290 Old 07-23-09, 06:16 AM
Senior Shackster

Mfishmike

Re: Houston DIY Home Theater Group?

It looks like Wayne needs a couple of months and Mark is veneering & I'm not quite sure if he is done. I just got confirmation from FedEx my Oppo 83 will be here tomorrow. That gives me Saturday to set up and organize, so I could host again on Sunday......perhaps about 1:00.

Last time I didn't have any brewskies, but you could bring your own if you want to. (I don't drink anymore and forgot about those that do...no problem.....)

Ok....I just dropped my name in the hat....

Mike

If it is too loud, then you may be too old!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 290 Old 07-23-09, 05:27 PM
Shackster

Ray

I am game as well. PM or let me know and I will give you my home number....

I live over in Kingwood
post #203 of 290 Old 07-23-09, 05:51 PM
Senior Shackster

Mfishmike

Re: I need a head count for the goodies......

Ray,

I expect my BDP-83 OPPO delivery tomorrow at the end of the day. I'll snatch up some real good BluRay disks early tomorrow and still have some great DVDs. I'm taking the day off so I'll have time to start to get ready. Everyone that's coming over, please let me know by tomorrow's end.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #204 of 290 Old 07-23-09, 11:36 PM
Shackster

Tony

I'm in.

Mike I remember the main road, but not certain if I remember which road to turn on. PM me plz with your addy. Also, let me know what you'd like me to bring.
post #205 of 290 Old 07-24-09, 07:42 PM
Senior Shackster

Mfishmike

Well the Oppo is in and I spent my mortgage payment on some good BluRay disks. Here's the line up:

The Dark Night
The Transporter
Spider-Man 3
U-571 (Depth charges...wooooo)
Box set of the complete BBC Earth video collection
6 BluRay disks for 770 minute run time.

I still have a lot of great music and demo DVDs that the Oppo should handle very well.

So far we have two members from our Houston DIY and a couple of audio sales folks may be here to listen.

I'll set up in the a.m. and tweak and am still taking a head count for other members who may want to come on Sunday at 1:00.

Please let me know by 3:00 tomorrow for those on the fence so we can get grub & drinks.

Thanks,
Mike

post #206 of 290 Old 07-24-09, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

mrstampe

I'll try my best to be there, but I won't get out of church until 12:15 (Galleria area). If you guys are sticking around for a little while, I would try to stop by a little after 2pm. I may also bring a friend who lives in Clearlake and build a nice pair of 2ch speakers based on HiVi drivers -- a new Club member I think. Sound like a good time.

Mark
Springfield, IL

GO MIZZOU!
post #207 of 290 Old 07-24-09, 09:41 PM
Senior Shackster

Mfishmike

No problem Mark. Looking forward to seeing you again and introducing the new member to the group. No set time to shut down. I have to be at work at 8:00 on Monday, so we've got a lot of hours we can visit!

post #208 of 290 Old 07-25-09, 06:38 PM
Senior Shackster

Mfishmike

The BDP-83 OPPO is in, setup, and awesome!

I've been waiting a year for the new chips to come out and Oppo did it right! Features are outstanding and the audio and video are superb.

Tony, thanx for the compliments on the Audience speakers. They are set up on the "B" switch so you guys can hear an incredible sounding speaker with 4 teeny tiny drivers that almost outdo my big mains.....

We're ready to go Houston! 1:00 and I'll have the Soundsplinter signs out and the gates open.

We've got some goodies and soft drinks but BYOB if you want to bring a six pack of brew~~~

See you guys tomorrow!

Mike

post #209 of 290 Old 07-25-09, 09:29 PM
Shackster

Ray

Mike

I have a chance to work some overtime Sunday. I think I will take a rain check. Dont get overtime very often......I will however come over another time......

Ray
post #210 of 290 Old 07-26-09, 05:41 AM
Senior Shackster

Mfishmike

Quote:
Ray in Kingwood wrote: View Post
Mike

I have a chance to work some overtime Sunday. I think I will take a rain check. Dont get overtime very often......I will however come over another time......

Ray
Sorry you couldn't make it. I was looking forward to meeting you and hearing more about your equipment.
Take the work when you can though.

Thanks Mike.....