Houston DIY Home Theater Group? - Page 22 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #211 of 290 Old 08-02-09, 08:16 AM
Mfishmike

Re: What a crowd!

For all of you who missed the meeting, you missed a good BluRay movie, "The Dark Knight" with Bruce Wayne and the Joker. The Oppo BDP 83 really performed for everyone, Tony & myself!

I wish more of you could have made it but we had a great time anyway.

I'm looking forward to other meetings in the future to see other projects.

Thanks.....Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 290 Old 11-17-09, 07:39 PM
Mfishmike

Re: Houston DIY Home Theater Group?

Hey guys,

I'm selling my Soundsplinter drivers. Never mind, I sold the subs as a complete pair.
post #213 of 290 Old 12-14-09, 05:49 AM
Mfishmike

There hasn't been a post in our thread since August when Tony came over and we watched a movie with some new equipment upgrades. (Except the post about my subwoofers for sale)

I hope everyone is doing ok. The economy has taken a big hit on our two jobs and I bet a few of you with projects planned may have got stalled. I sold my other two stacked subs and amps which helped pay for most of this project.

Well, it seems I always have to build a new speaker or add new equipment to get the thread moving again, so just for the sake of keeping our forum alive, I built another sub just so I could make another post. Not just any subwoofer! How about one with a 21" driver this time! 1.25" mdf construction. I packed it in with some 18" 2100 gram passive radiators, coupled it with a Face F1200TS bridged to mono at 2700 watt amplifier and the bass that couldn't get any better got much better indeed. Box tuning is 15.5 hz. I thought I'd share the build with you guys because we are the Houston group and I would bet most of you have never heard a 21" subwoofer and one or more of you may just want to take a peek or listen. Here is the link to my new build thread:
http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...radiators.html

I sincerely hope all is well with the members and their families in our group and I wish you the best for a great and SAFE holiday season.

Mike

post #214 of 290 Old 12-14-09, 06:07 AM
Shackster

Tony

Awesome, as always. Would like to catch you during the build some time. Still one of the best sounding set ups I've seen. Maybe one day you can build something that will fit in my Mustang?...

Happy Holidays if I don't get to catch up with you, or the Houston Crew, before then!

Tony
post #215 of 290 Old 12-14-09, 06:49 AM
Mfishmike

Quote:
Sprtex wrote: View Post
Awesome, as always. Would like to catch you during the build some time. Still one of the best sounding set ups I've seen. Maybe one day you can build something that will fit in my Mustang?...

Happy Holidays if I don't get to catch up with you, or the Houston Crew, before then!

Tony
Hi and thanks Tony. If you are referring to wanting to be here while I'm doing the acutal build, if I would have known that before I could have called you when I knew when I was planning on the build. I work on them between jobs.

The only system I've built for auto was an all Alpine 6.1 system for my service truck with Infinity surrounds & 3.5" Blaupunkt drivers for the dasboard.

I'm not too keen on the specs on the automotive installs. The guys at the auto install shops can do them so much easier and quicker. There are the little remote tweeters, xovers, and a bunch more stuff that pertains to auto that I've never messed with. I've heard the subs need to be tuned much higher due to cabin gain. Mine turned out ok due to a lot of luck. I had only 7.25" clearance from the seat so this sub was a tough nut to crack, but it sounds great with a 350 watt Pioner shallow mount 12" and the V Series Alpine 400 watt amp. There's another 4 X 90 V series amp under the seat for the rest of the system.
post #216 of 290 Old 12-14-09, 06:53 AM
Shackster

Tony

I was referring to "clearing" your living room of some much needed space and taking some of those little subs off your hands...Unfortunately, I can't fit anything you build into anything I drive. I should have got the convertible!
post #217 of 290 Old 12-14-09, 07:05 AM
Mfishmike

Quote:
Sprtex wrote: View Post
I was referring to "clearing" your living room of some much needed space and taking some of those little subs off your hands...Unfortunately, I can't fit anything you build into anything I drive. I should have got the convertible!
Oh.....those "little subs" found a new home in Peoria Illinois. A big semi-trailer picked them up and they have a nice new home. I have their comments about the subs posted in my build thread in the last post. They "move things" in a house 300 feet away from their house and have received some complaints......I'll let you know when I plan on a new build in the future.
post #218 of 290 Old 02-17-11, 09:40 AM
Senior Shackster

Jim

Anyone in Houston awake?

Jim
Houston, TX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #219 of 290 Old 02-17-11, 09:43 AM
Shackster
Ren

Yes...
post #220 of 290 Old 02-17-11, 10:13 AM
Shackster
David

Quote:
FlashJim wrote: View Post
Anyone in Houston awake?

How's it going everyone?
I've been really busy trying to get my new house built.

Should be move in ready in 6 weeks.