Rocky Moutain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2014 - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 35 Old 10-11-14, 09:13 AM
HTS Moderator

AJ

My System
Re: Rocky Moutain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2014

Pictures or it didn't happen....

AJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 Old 10-11-14, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

We are at the show!

The Official Show Thread is open. This thread will remain open as the general discussion thread.

Cheers!
post #13 of 35 Old 10-11-14, 10:21 AM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Hey Wayne, I didn't realize SVS was debuing the Prime sereis. Did they bring bookshelf models & if so, did you notice if the are rear ported?

post #14 of 35 Old 10-12-14, 12:35 AM
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System

We are working hard, but managing to have a blast while doing so. We will have lots of pics and impressions coming up, soon!

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks
post #15 of 35 Old 10-12-14, 08:23 AM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

Are you done with the show or still wandering today?
post #16 of 35 Old 10-12-14, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

One more day.

SVS showed the Prime along side the Ultra. Interesting $1k and $2k per pair tower lineup. I will have a pair of Primes for review in a few weeks.

They had 2 bookshelves set up in the room next door. Did not note the porting, will check it today.
post #17 of 35 Old 10-12-14, 11:45 AM
Senior Shackster

Mike

Quote:
ajinfla wrote: View Post
Pictures or it didn't happen....

Alrighty. I have a few
Last thoughts: Even though this was a great event that I attended for the last two years, this will be my last. I could not get over the fact that I smelled pot on some of the vendors while talking to them.
The smell at some points were really bad in the elevator through the hallways. It was helpful that I took the stairs (just a tip).

HSU - Dr. HSU room seems to never changed or nothing was different than 2013.

SVS - Introduction sneek release of their smaller towers which can be had for the price off $999 for a pair that is just black oak cabinet. For Piano finish and if I remember correct it is about $200 or $300 more of an increase

Seaton's 12C - Which were amazingly nice. Best of all no LFE sub needed imho . To me they are just the nice!! (forgot to add)

Funk Audio - Brining out the FUNK on the nice 21.0 subwoofer which soon will be available

MISC other rooms

Last edited by Picture_Shooter; 10-12-14 at 12:11 PM.
post #18 of 35 Old 10-12-14, 11:18 PM
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System
Quote:
Picture_Shooter wrote: View Post

Alrighty. I have a few
Last thoughts: Even though this was a great event that I attended for the last two years, this will be my last. I could not get over the fact that I smelled pot on some of the vendors while talking to them.
The smell at some points were really bad in the elevator through the hallways. It was helpful that I took the stairs (just a tip).

HSU - Dr. HSU room seems to never changed or nothing was different than 2013.

SVS - Introduction sneek release of their smaller towers which can be had for the price off $999 for a pair that is just black oak cabinet. For Piano finish and if I remember correct it is about $200 or $300 more of an increase

Seaton's 12C - Which were amazingly nice. Best of all no LFE sub needed imho . To me they are just the nice!! (forgot to add)

Funk Audio - Brining out the FUNK on the nice 21.0 subwoofer which soon will be available

MISC other rooms

Well, if the weed bothered you, there were plenty of free Heinekens to enjoy. Other peoples' lifestyle choices interest me less than the fantastic audio gear the show was built around. Let's keep this thread about that.

It looks like you hit many of the hot rooms, Picture Shooter, thanks for the pics.

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks
post #19 of 35 Old 10-13-14, 01:55 PM
HTS Moderator

AJ

My System

Quote:
Alrighty. I have a few )
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. I might return one year...and I certainly wouldn't let the actions of the few ruin the entire show. YMMV.
Thanks again for the shots Mr Shooter

cheers,

AJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #20 of 35 Old 10-13-14, 02:18 PM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

Yeah, while I would still go despite the pot, that's a little ridiculous showing up to work like that. Sort of like showing up drunk. If I were the employer, I would not be happy . . .

Looking forward to more reporting since I couldn't be there. Thanks for the great pictures so far.