Rocky Moutain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2014 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 35 Old 08-04-14, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Rocky Moutain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2014

Rocky Moutain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2014 is coming up in Denver on October 10th through 12th. HERE is a link to the web site. Anyone planning to go? What are the MUST SEE companies and products for this year?

I hope to make it. My own must see list starts out with...
Golden Ears - speakers
Rockport - speakers
Vivid - speakers

None is on the exhibitor's list yet, but hopefully that list is still growing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 08-06-14, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Looks like Tesseract and I have been approved by VerticalScope to attend and report on RMAF this year. We both hail from Lincoln NE and will drive to Denver together. We are both very excited to be going and representing HomeTheaterShack.com.

A big THANK YOU to VerticalScope for their support.

Our plan is to drive to western Nebraska Thursday evening, grab a cheap room, and finish the drive Friday morning in time to check in and be at the show when it opens at noon on Friday the 10th.

Any other Shacksters thinking about going? It will be great to meet any of you who make it to the show. If you live within a few hours of Denver and are NOT planning to attend, you need to seriously re-examine your priorities!

If you are, PM Tesseract or myself and we will arrange a way to get together for breakfast &/or dinner &/or lunch &/or whatever so we can have some time to compare notes and get to know you.

Be making those plans!

Wayne
AudiocRaver
post #3 of 35 Old 08-06-14, 08:40 PM
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System
Re: Rocky Moutain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2014

I had such a blast at the 2013 RMAF that I put in vacation for 2014 RMAF as soon as I got back home, a year ahead of time!

Looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones, laying ears on some great gear and covering the show with my articulate and eminently wise audio buddy, AudiocRaver.

HTS members, come on down and join us in supporting the 2014 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest! For those of you who cannot make it this year, Wayne and I will pull back the curtain and give you a glimpse of the fun.

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks

post #4 of 35 Old 08-13-14, 12:21 PM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

I'm glad you guys are going. I was there last year at last minute notice, replacing somebody else who had a last-minute conflict. I have not heard whether I am going this year (would love to), but if I am I will let you guys know.
post #5 of 35 Old 10-02-14, 10:33 AM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

Don't think I am going to make it this year.

I just heard about Legacy Audio's latest product that they're dubbing "V" which appears to be largely a dipole speaker with an electronic box correcting in frequency and time domains. Go check that out for sure, and compare to the Whisper if it's there, since I recall Wayne being mighty impressed with the Whisper.

GoldenEar wasn't there last year, but I did see Sandy Gross wandering about. Hopefully they will exhibit this year.

Edit: Looking forward to living vicariously through your reports!

Edit again: I heard that Seaton will be there with a single pair of speakers calibrated with Dirac Live. There's another one to put on the list IMO.
post #6 of 35 Old 10-03-14, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Got em on my list.
post #7 of 35 Old 10-05-14, 10:06 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike

I'll be there to check out Seaton and JTR subs (or I hope they'll have the subs there)

I was there last year and its really a great event not to miss. Too bad this will be my last year attending since I will be moving back down South and would not be as convenient anymore

Quote:
AudiocRaver wrote: View Post
Rocky Moutain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2014 is coming up in Denver on October 10th through 12th. HERE is a link to the web site. Anyone planning to go? What are the MUST SEE companies and products for this year?

I hope to make it. My own must see list starts out with...
Golden Ears - speakers
Rockport - speakers
Vivid - speakers

None is on the exhibitor's list yet, but hopefully that list is still growing.
post #8 of 35 Old 10-06-14, 04:21 PM
Senior Shackster
mojave

Quote:
Picture_Shooter wrote: View Post
I'll be there to check out Seaton and JTR subs (or I hope they'll have the subs there)

I was there last year and its really a great event not to miss. Too bad this will be my last year attending since I will be moving back down South and would not be as convenient anymore
Both Dennis and Wayne have been to my house (Omaha, NE) and I look forward to seeing them again at RMAF.

I'm helping out in the JTR/JRiver room. Actually, all the gear except speakers and plasma TV are stuff that I am bringing. JTR Speakers will have its new 215RT (Reference Tower) speakers. There won't be any subs. However, each tower has substantial bass output.

Seaton Sound is bring a pair of Catalyst 12C speakers and also won't have subs. The dual 12" sealed woofers do have output down to 10 Hz with the DSP setting Mark Seaton is using.
post #9 of 35 Old 10-06-14, 09:19 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike

Quote:
mojave wrote: View Post
Both Dennis and Wayne have been to my house (Omaha, NE) and I look forward to seeing them again at RMAF.

I'm helping out in the JTR/JRiver room. Actually, all the gear except speakers and plasma TV are stuff that I am bringing. JTR Speakers will have its new 215RT (Reference Tower) speakers. There won't be any subs. However, each tower has substantial bass output.

Seaton Sound is bring a pair of Catalyst 12C speakers and also won't have subs. The dual 12" sealed woofers do have output down to 10 Hz with the DSP setting Mark Seaton is using.
Yea I just read the sad news . What a tease. Stinks that I am not in the market for speakers and would love to hear the JTR / Seaton subs , either way I am still going to listen to both and cannot wait. So I'll dropped in and say howdy.
post #10 of 35 Old 10-07-14, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Quote:
Picture_Shooter wrote: View Post
...I am not in the market for speakers...
And yet are we not all in "scanning for possibilities" mode most of the time?