LG OLED TVs - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 27 Old 04-10-14, 09:14 PM
Elite Shackster

Mr. Rabbit

Quote:
JimShaw wrote: View Post
Robert I tried finding the LG OLED 77" measurement (width and height) on their web site but all they have info on is the 55" Do you happen to know the H&W measurement of the 77"?
Should be around 68x38 screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Old 04-10-14, 09:22 PM
Senior Shackster

Re: LG OLED TVs

Quote:
rab-byte wrote: View Post
Should be around 68x38 screen
I do thank you but you mentioned "should be"

I need to know exact measurements to see if it is all possible to put in a 77 vs a 65. It will be close for where it has to go.

Last edited by JimShaw; 04-10-14 at 11:54 PM.
post #23 of 27 Old 04-12-14, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Quote:
bustmethat wrote: View Post
Hi Robert,

Have you or anyone else noticed a rather pronounced pixel gap with the 55EA8800? I looked at one here in manhattan, and while the contrast and colors were very impressive, I did feel that the pixel gap was pretty noticeable. Is that something that can be ameliorated at all via picture adjustments? Is this gap more or less the same across all current OLEDs on the market?

Also, did that mini-shootout between the two OLEDs and your KRP-500 ever take place? Very curious how that went!

thanks for your thoughts!
Quote:
Robert Zohn wrote: View Post
Hi bustmethat, welcome to HTS!

I just compared the pixel grids our OLED against several LCD/LED and PDP displays and they all look the same to me. You have to compare only 55" screens to determine if the pixel layout or pattern varies form one display to another.

Our mini Shootout is delayed as I'm waiting for one of our Shootout experts to have the time to schedule the evaluation.

-Robert
I need to double check the pixel grid more closely and have David Mackenzie, D-Nice or Kevin Miller confirm the array is what we would say is standard.

Stand by a few days and I'll get back on this.

To Jim, the exact dimensions will not be released until final production units are built, likely July. I'll get back on this by then.

-Robert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Video: 2 theaters, Sony's VPL-VW5000ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
Audio receivers: Pioneer Elite, SC-09; Denon, AVR-7200WA, Marantz SR7011
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8802A w/7&5 ch amps

post #24 of 27 Old 04-12-14, 11:04 AM

Quote:
I need to double check the pixel grid more closely and have David Mackenzie, D-Nice or Kevin Miller confirm the array is what we would say is standard.

Stand by a few days and I'll get back on this.
Thank you Robert, that's very kind of you! I'll be really interested in what they have to say. I did find this image of the sub pixels in the 55EA9800, which I assume would be the same as the 8800? It's interesting, the pixels are so cleanly delineated that it probably helps sharpness, but maybe contributes to a possible "screen door" effect for some viewers.

http://img1.lesnumeriques.com/news/3...e-sous-pix.jpg
post #25 of 27 Old 04-20-14, 07:24 PM
Senior Shackster

Finally!

I got to see LG's 55 9800 curved OLEG

That is one beautiful set. As I have read: the black IS BLACK, the colors pop.

I can't wait until their 77" 4K OLED arrives.
post #26 of 27 Old 04-28-14, 03:56 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
In about 1/2 hour my video of LG's new Gallery flat OLED TV will be up at . Check it out!

-Robert
Would love to get my paws on one of those! Can't wait till they start reaching 100"

Sharp PRO- 70X5FD
Pioneer VSX- 52 (A/V receiver)
Pioneer BDP3FD (Blu-Ray) Player
Surround sound system: B&W (2) CM8's, (1) CENTER CHANNEL, (2) CM1 BOOKSHELF MONITORS's, (1) ASW10CM ACTIVE SUBWOOFER.
post #27 of 27 Old 06-12-14, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Just to be sure everyone knows LG put a one week additional $2k IR on the 55EA9800 and 55EA8800 Gallery Edition OLED TVs. So the 55EA9800 is $3,999 and the 55EA8800 is $4,499 delivered.

The one week IR started this past Sunday and ends tomorrow! So beginning this Saturday, June 14th the prices go back up to $5,999 and $6,499.

Last chance to save $2k on these two beautiful OLED TVs!

-Robert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Video: 2 theaters, Sony's VPL-VW5000ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
Audio receivers: Pioneer Elite, SC-09; Denon, AVR-7200WA, Marantz SR7011
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8802A w/7&5 ch amps