Split between two 4K Tvs - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 13 Old 02-15-15, 02:48 PM

I just had the Samsung 75 inch 8550 delivered last weekend and after calibration it is indeed stunning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 02-15-15, 08:48 PM
Senior Shackster

Dale

Re: Split between two 4K Tvs

Not to beat the poor old drum again, but I've read several comparisons where reviewers deem the performance between the the H1750 and HU8550 are very close less the 4K, for 50" and 55" screens. The difference in price is not chump change IMO.

UPDATE: After more research went back to plasma. Sacrificed some 'screen real estate' from my LCD candidates for the PN51F8500 from Robert's shop. I've read of too many issues re: LCD to feel totally comfortable when coming from an older Samsung plasma that's been a rock (not a brick) for the past 6 years. And they calibrate out sooo nicely. Not to say LCD has not come a long way, they certainly have! But the last time at bat, plasma hit the ball out of the park (pre OLED) before it was forced to retire.

Samsung PN51F8500, Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA5, Dali Ikon6, Vokal 2 center, OnWalls, Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, Oppo Digital BDP-103, Furman Elite 15PF power conditioner

Last edited by htaddikt; 02-26-15 at 01:42 PM.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-28-15, 06:54 PM
Senior Shackster

Dale

Re: Split between two 4K Tvs

On March 13 took delivery of a PN51F8500 display from Robert's shop. Excellent set! Calibrator forgot to transfer Cell setting from night (11) to day (20). No way he could know exactly what my day viewing is like, but actually my room is quite tame in regards to ambient light. I set it down to 18. Otherwise everything is looking awesome.
Sent you a letter Robert, a couple of non-tech questions. I will be gone on a little Spring Break with my teacher wife next week. Thanks again! (Dale)

Samsung PN51F8500, Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA5, Dali Ikon6, Vokal 2 center, OnWalls, Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, Oppo Digital BDP-103, Furman Elite 15PF power conditioner