Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Headphones | Head Gear (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/headphones-head-gear/)
-   -   The OPPO PM-2 Planar Magnetic Headphone Giveaway Discussion Thread (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/headphones-head-gear/153025-oppo-pm-2-planar-magnetic-headphone-giveaway-discussion-thread.html)

Todd Anderson 07-15-16 04:25 PM

The OPPO PM-2 Planar Magnetic Headphone Giveaway Discussion Thread

60 Attachment(s)

Home Theater Shack and its long-standing sponsor, OPPO, are thrilled announce an exclusive summer Giveaway Contest that is sure to set your ears on fire!

Over the next three months, Home Theater Shack members can enter to win one set of OPPO’s stellar PM-2 Planar Magnetic Headphones ($699 value). These Headphones are currently in HTS’s possession and are being evaluated for a full product review (they also were featured in our recent review of Onkyo’s DP-X1). In advance of the official review, let us just say that the PM-2 sounds simply fantastic!

The PM-2 is a high-end design that delivers the same sweet sound found in OPPO’s acclaimed PM-1 model. It utilizes a planar magnetic driver unique to OPPO, which features a double-sided diaphragm and twice as many conductors within the magnetic field for greater efficiency. Fit and finish is superb…not only does the PM-2 feel great in your hand, it also feels amazing on your head!

If you’ve ever wanted to journey into the world of revealing high-end sound, then this Giveaway Contest should be a priority. It’s a tremendous opportunity to score an awesome piece of equipment!

Qualification Details and Eligibility (PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY):
  1. The qualification period is from July 15, 2016 through October 15, 2016.
  2. A random drawing will be held sometime during late October 2016.
  3. Entrants must be registered as a Home Theater Shack member as of August 31, 2016.
  4. Entrants need to have 15 posts during the qualification period. Each post must be a minimum of 25 words. No post padding!
  5. Tell us that you are qualified and would like to be entered into the Giveaway by using this OPPO PM-2 Planar Magnetic Headphone Giveaway Qualification Thread.
  6. Shipping is provided to Continental US Residents ONLY. If you live outside of the United States, you can enter the contest but MUST provide a US LOWER 48 Address or make arrangements with a US Shipping Forwarding Company if you are deemed the winner. If the latter is used, the winner is responsible for (A) finding and (B) contacting a forwarding company, in addition to paying any additional shipping costs, export/import taxes, or other fees associated with using the forwarding company or sending the prize to a foreign country. If the winner is unable to furnish a US address or forwarding company within three weeks, the drawing will be scratched and a new winner will be found.

Ready to roll the dice and enter? Make sure you've fulfilled the above requirements, then click here to tell us you'd like to be entered!

About OPPO: Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, OPPO Digital designs and markets high quality digital electronics that deliver style, performance, innovation, and value to A/V enthusiasts and savvy consumers alike. The company's attention to core product performance and strong customer focus distinguishes it from traditional consumer-electronics brands.
To learn more OPPO and its fantastic products, click here.

NOTE: Qualifications are subject to amendment with notice posted here. Failure to follow the entry rules can result in automatic disqualification without notification!

:smile:Good Luck, everyone!:smile:

Todd Anderson 07-15-16 04:37 PM

Re: The OPPO PM-2 Planar Magnetic Headphone Giveaway Discussion Thread

60 Attachment(s)
Happy Friday, folks! Hope you're as excited about this Giveaway as we are! ;-)

Tonto 07-15-16 05:51 PM

Re: The OPPO PM-2 Planar Magnetic Headphone Giveaway Qualification Thread

Wow! Now who doesn't want that set of cans. Thank's HTS & OPPO for a great giveaway! Now...on to posting.

Todd Anderson 07-15-16 06:03 PM

60 Attachment(s)
Wow is right... These are absolutely awesome cans. Sound quality is so silky smooth... Big time Giveaway... I hope we have a huge turnout for this one! :-)

hwkn 07-16-16 10:32 AM

I'd love to win these headphones if for no other reason than to see how they'd compare to my Grado SR 125e headphones.[i'd imagine they'd be equal to if not better than the Grados]

bkeeler10 07-18-16 09:39 AM

Um, yes I am! :) It has been a while since a giveaway of this magnitude. You guys are the best for getting these things arranged, and sponsors are awesome for contributing and participating. Looking forward to it. Thanks.

dschlic1 07-18-16 12:30 PM

I need a new set of headphones. What size of jack do they have?

Todd Anderson 07-18-16 01:39 PM

60 Attachment(s)
Quote:

dschlic1 wrote: (Post 1476937)
I need a new set of headphones. What size of jack do they have?

Output: 2.5 mm mono mini jacks
Input: 6.35 mm stereo jack, 3.5 mm stereo jack

Todd Anderson 07-18-16 01:46 PM

60 Attachment(s)
Quote:

bkeeler10 wrote: (Post 1476897)
Um, yes I am! :) It has been a while since a giveaway of this magnitude. You guys are the best for getting these things arranged, and sponsors are awesome for contributing and participating. Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Hey Bryan,

These contests are a ton of fun to run. Obviously a forum-based website is solely dependent on its members, visitors, and the community that exists. HTS has always prided itself as a place where enthusiasts can come for a great no-nonsense experience... and in order for HTS to continue to host Giveaways (not to mention field products to review from manufacturers), we need current members to hit the site frequently to participate while encouraging other enthusiasts to come hangout here...share knowledge...and buy-in into what makes HTS the place it has been.

I know that sounds a bit like a sales pitch... it's not meant to be... just plain and simple reality! ;-)

Thanks to you...and all of the other awesome members that continue to back HTS...we're able to keep things moving! ;-)

I'm putting the finishing touches on the PM-2 review... this headphone is phenomenal. A pure delight to listen to... whoever wins it is in for quite an experience.

Todd Anderson 07-21-16 08:49 AM

TrippleJ is the first one entered!

I think the headphone's full review will be up today. Summary: :T