Hitachi P50H401 led flashes 3 times. - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 321 Old 01-15-11, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Jason

Hitachi P50H401 led flashes 3 times.

I just picked this tv up today 50 dollars. In the power supply the two caps are swollen like my p50s601. One of the driver chips on the lower sdr board is burnt. If i unhook the sdr board then the tv powers up with the top half working. I am going to replace the two caps in the power supply and look into ordering the lower sdr board. in my p50s601 It was the top sdr that was bad now this one its the lower one. everything looks the same as the p50s601.

If you have this model check out my other tread with info about this model. http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...g-3-times.html

click this link to see about the sdr boards and how to test the chips if you dont see burnt ones. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Or...3BufferICs.pdf

click this link for the trouble shooting flow chart. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Or...Flow_Chart.pdf

another link showing you how to trouble shoot the sdr http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Or...oubleshoot.pdf

[/QUOTE]

This wont let me update the title. I forgot the H in P50H401

Last edited by Jason1976; 01-15-11 at 09:25 AM. Reason: it wont let me edit the title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 321 Old 01-15-11, 03:16 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Re: Hitachi P50H401 led flashes 3 times.

Looks like the title has an H in it now. Did you figure it out?

Thanks for posting your experience with this set.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #3 of 321 Old 01-15-11, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Jason

Yeah I forgot it. Sonnie fixed it for me. He told me i could of fixed it myself two within 30 mins after posting if i click edit then click Go Advanced. I had no idea. Basicly this set had the same issue as my P50S601 that one had bad chips on the upper sdr board. This one has a bad chick on the lower SDR board. They both had swollen caps in the power supply. The same two caps. I will take photos and upload later.

post #4 of 321 Old 01-21-11, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Jason

I found a guy that says he repairs these boards. When I get mine back I will let you guys know If he does a good job repairing the SDR boards. From what he says the price will be about half of what the boards cost new.

I took a video of uploaded on youtube. The caps in the video don't look swollen but they are in real life. they are slightly swollen and starting to get puffy on top. I will be replacing them before installing the repaired SDR board.

The board on the right is X-SUS and the board on the left as your looking at the back is the Y-SUS. The top driver board is the SDR-U board and the bottom board is the SDR-D. I could of done a better job on the youtube video but I didn't feel like retaking it. I am just not good on video.

Last edited by Jason1976; 01-21-11 at 01:42 PM.
post #5 of 321 Old 02-08-11, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Jason

I sent my board in for repair. He just contacted me saying it was done, and it will be shipped to me shortly. I will give you guys an update on how well he did the repair. I had a burnt driver chip. You could see were it was burnt. Here is his contact info if anyone is looking for someone to repair a driver board.

Tom
TV REPAIR
7238w 90 pl.
Bridgeview, IL 60455
phone:773-641-1311
post #6 of 321 Old 02-15-11, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Jason

I still didnt get the part yet. He told me last week it was shipped. I thought I would of received it by now. ether he shipped it slow shipping or he didnt ship it to me. I am starting to wonder if I was taken. I will update you guys as if it comes or not.
post #7 of 321 Old 02-16-11, 07:46 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Sorry, don't find any reference to this business in my resources regarding the service business.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #8 of 321 Old 02-16-11, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Jason

Quote:
lcaillo wrote: View Post
Sorry, don't find any reference to this business in my resources regarding the service business.
I found him on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I paid for it off of ebay since I sent him an extra board i didnt need back. I had the old board from the p50s601 that i didn't need so he told me it would be less money since i am giving him the extra board, and he said just to send him a check or money order.
post #9 of 321 Old 02-17-11, 06:40 AM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

While there are many reputable dealers on ebay, I would be very wary of having someone do this level of work without some othert info about their qualifications and performance.

post #10 of 321 Old 02-17-11, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Jason

Quote:
lcaillo wrote: View Post
While there are many reputable dealers on ebay, I would be very wary of having someone do this level of work without some othert info about their qualifications and performance.
He was the only one I found that was offering to repair the boards. I looked at his feedback rateing and everyone was happy with the work. If you buy a replacement board other places there is no core charge. If he truely did ship it to me. I hope he shipped it with insurance. When I shipped him the boards I paid for enough insurance that i could replace the board with a new or a use board if one was found.