DIY Acoustic Panels - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 81 Old 02-24-09, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Angel City Audio
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 219
I feel like a fool right now. I'm at joAnn'e blowing on fabric. There's not too many options besides burlap and see-thru fabric that can pass the blow test. I want something beter looking than burlap and is in a reddish burgundy color.
PhenomeNhan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 81 Old 02-24-09, 06:55 PM
Shackster
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Bite the bullet and just go to Guilford of Maine Nhan. No public blowing required.:eyebrows:
imported_obie_fl is offline  
post #23 of 81 Old 02-24-09, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Angel City Audio
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 219
Quote:
obie_fl wrote: View Post
Bite the bullet and just go to Guilford of Maine Nhan. No public blowing required.:eyebrows:
:boom:
thanks Tom! It was suggested to me before. I'm still trying to recover from the embarrassment
PhenomeNhan is offline  
 
post #24 of 81 Old 02-24-09, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Angel City Audio
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 219
Quote:
obie_fl wrote: View Post
Bite the bullet and just go to Guilford of Maine Nhan. No public blowing required.:eyebrows:
Not sure how to select icon using my iPhone.
PhenomeNhan is offline  
post #25 of 81 Old 02-24-09, 09:37 PM
Senior Shackster
 
arthurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 269
chanille Nhan, it's what we ended up with on my tube traps...it will pass your er "blow test" ..... :wtf:

"Let the floating wall float" - m-fine
arthurs is offline  
post #26 of 81 Old 02-24-09, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Angel City Audio
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 219
Quote:
arthurs wrote: View Post
chanille Nhan, it's what we ended up with on my tube traps...it will pass your er "blow test" ..... :wtf:
Hey, I was advised to do so (blow test).

But isn't your tubes wrapped in some kind of plasticky material below the chenille? I'll have to look into getting some... I'l stop by JoAnn's again and ask :P
PhenomeNhan is offline  
post #27 of 81 Old 02-25-09, 06:46 AM
Senior Shackster
chad
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 359
Quote:
PhenomeNhan wrote: View Post
I feel like a fool right now. I'm at joAnn'e blowing on fabric. There's not too many options besides burlap and see-thru fabric that can pass the blow test. I want something beter looking than burlap and is in a reddish burgundy color.
Funny stuff - now get to work.
cburbs is offline  
post #28 of 81 Old 02-25-09, 11:09 AM
Shackster
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 16
Dazian fabric makes a nice looking acoustic cloth called Expo and it's one third the cost of GOM. I did my theater in Black and Deep Burgundy and I'm happy with it. Another thing that is important is that it's fire retardent and fire rated.

Nhan, I'll bring over some of my Dazian Expo leftovers on Saturday when I come by.


Mike

Website for Dazian but I see that Expo is being discontinued:
http://www.dazian.com/cgi-bin/page.p...=417&group_id=

they probably have a replacement if you call them.
LoudandClear is offline  
post #29 of 81 Old 02-25-09, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Angel City Audio
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 219
Quote:
LoudandClear wrote: View Post
Dazian fabric makes a nice looking acoustic cloth called Expo and it's one third the cost of GOM. I did my theater in Black and Deep Burgundy and I'm happy with it. Another thing that is important is that it's fire retardent and fire rated.

Nhan, I'll bring over some of my Dazian Expo leftovers on Saturday when I come by.


Mike

Website for Dazian but I see that Expo is being discontinued:
http://www.dazian.com/cgi-bin/page.p...=417&group_id=

they probably have a replacement if you call them.
Thanks, Mike. I look forward to it.
PhenomeNhan is offline  
post #30 of 81 Old 02-25-09, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Angel City Audio
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 219
Quote:
cburbs wrote: View Post
Funny stuff - now get to work.
You know, part of this is your fault, Chad!
PhenomeNhan is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
acoustic , diy , panels

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now




PLEASE COMPLETE ALL REQUIRED FIELDS BELOW... THANKS!

REQUIRED FIELDS ON THIS PAGE
YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THESE

Username
Password
Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2




User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
PLEASE READ BELOW PRIOR TO ENTERING AN EMAIL ADDRESS!

ATTENTION!

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

AN INVALID EMAIL ADDRESS WILL CAUSE YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE DELETED!

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.


Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML is not allowed!
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 


For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome