Acoustic Treatment Phase 2 - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 51 Old 11-17-14, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
HTS Reviewer

Re: Acoustic Treatment Phase 2

How would you attach the R60 if you go that route?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 51 Old 11-17-14, 02:50 PM
Senior Shackster
John

My System
Send a message via Skype™ to phazewolf
You would take the fluffy and put it in sacks think of large pillows but filled with pink fiberglass.
post #43 of 51 Old 11-17-14, 05:30 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
Peter Loeser wrote: View Post
How would you attach the R60 if you go that route?
I am thinking of making a 2"x4" frame for the single R60, going from one wall to the other, and floor to ceiling, and then boxing the outer frame to 2'x4' sections. Once that is done I would stuff the chambers with the R60, and then staple Black Commando Cloth over the whole wall.

If I do the 9" fluffy... I would space out a false wall from the wall, staple the fluffy to the frame, cover this with thin rubber (to avoid to much high frequency absorption), and then staple the Black Commando Cloth to cover the insulation.

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (5) JBL 8340As, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, Oppo UDP-203, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..

post #44 of 51 Old 02-11-15, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
HTS Reviewer

I have some ideas for changing up the front of the room a bit, most likely moving the curtain wall (and TV) out into the a bit to match up with the mains which I pulled away from the wall a bit. Something along the lines of what Ron has suggested above.

In the meantime, I still have some nulls that I'm hoping to correct with treatments. I ordered a set of Tri-Traps for the rear corners and some hooks to convert my original wall panels to ceiling panels.

post #45 of 51 Old 02-11-15, 06:02 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
Peter Loeser wrote: View Post
I have some ideas for changing up the front of the room a bit, most likely moving the curtain wall (and TV) out into the a bit to match up with the mains which I pulled away from the wall a bit. Something along the lines of what Ron has suggested above.

In the meantime, I still have some nulls that I'm hoping to correct with treatments. I ordered a set of Tri-Traps for the rear corners and some hooks to convert my original wall panels to ceiling panels.
What we ended up doing was... Framing out the wall with 2x4's, and then stuffing R60 into the cavities. We then covered the whole wall with black commando cloth.

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (5) JBL 8340As, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, Oppo UDP-203, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..
post #46 of 51 Old 02-24-15, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
HTS Reviewer

My GIK Tri Traps came today and I finished mounting some 2" thick panels at the first reflection points overhead. Too late to listen/measure by the time I was done but hopefully I'll have a chance later this week. The Tri Traps are temporarily propped up on tables I already had in the corners. Once I find the best spots I'll do something more permanent. I think I have enough height to stack two in each corner, so I'm keeping that option open as well.

The ceiling panels are the ones that used to be on the side walls. They're hacked together and don't have good straight edges, so they look a little funny for now. My plan is to get some frames to put them in so they look nice and square. Bryan, if you're still here - can I order the cloth GIK uses for their panels? I'd like to wrap my DIY panels to match the ones from GIK.

post #47 of 51 Old 02-24-15, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
HTS Reviewer

Photos

post #48 of 51 Old 02-24-15, 07:04 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Bryan Pape

Send a message via AIM to bpape Send a message via Skype™ to bpape

Sure - I can work that out for you. Drop me an email.

I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Bryan Pape
Lead Acoustician/Owner
Sensible Sound Solutions
post #49 of 51 Old 04-07-15, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
HTS Reviewer

Update and pics. I was still getting a lot of slap echo in the back of the room and felt bass response could still be improved, so I ordered a second set of Tri-Traps and another pair of 244 panels. Traps are stacked two in each corner and each side wall has four 244 panels. Haven't taken measurements yet, but will be doing it soon for my Anthem MRX-710 setup and review. I will take treatments out to get a "before" measurement too. I have new frames for the ceiling panels, I just need to assemble them with the other spare 705 panels and get some of the GIK fabric to wrap them. Stay tuned for some graphs.

post #50 of 51 Old 04-07-15, 11:49 AM
Shackster

Just read through your thread. Some excellent stuff here. Looking forward to your upcoming measurements.