Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Impulse responses

3K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  robbo266317 
#1 ·
Hello everybody. I did some impulse response measurements in my music room. It's a room mainly dedicated to teaching activities, and I'd like to make it sound as good as I can. I made a QRD Schroeder diffuser, placed in the middle of the roof, and now I'd like to understand what I can do to improve the acoustics. I attach the drawings of the room with the source and receivers, and measurements from source in A and receiver 1.
Hints from the experts are very welcome !
Moreover I don't quite understand the reason why the spl response at, let's say, 1000 Hz, is higher than it is at 2000 Hz, but the rt at 1000 Hz is lower than rt at 2000 Hz. I think: higher spl>lower damping>longer decays but something is missing...
Schroeder frequency should be 140 Hz.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Unfortunately the scale of your graphs are not as recommended on the REW site for posting
I think you need to supply more detail on the sources that seem to be scattered around the room
Also are the room dimensions in metric?
Please supply the room lenght,width and Height
It is also better to attach the metadata files for someone to look at

#3 ·
Hi Lesmor,
yes the measures are in metric, and we have to subtract some 30 cm because of the insulation. So they are: lenght 10,63 m, width 5,39 m, heigh 2,8 m.
I recorded the impulse response placing the source (Genelec 8040) in the various positions I drawn on the plan.
About the graphs: I upload this new graphs, hoping it will be better. What metadata are ?

#5 ·
Hi angeloconto
The metadata is your REW files which you can add as an attachment
This will allow people to view and manipulate the data on their own copy of REW
To be clear I am no expert just trying hopefully to point you in the right direction
I am sure someone with more experience will eventually come and in and advise you.

#8 ·
@angeloconto
Had a quick look at the data
I am in no way a expert

What SPL did you set for the measurement as it looks to be too low?
What microphone are you using?
The Graph seems to roll off at 70 Hz is that the -3db cut off of the source if so there is no usable bass data.
Looking at the impulse response there seems to be a lot of reflections.
Sorry for all the questions but just trying to get a feel of what you are actually looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.