Official Klipsch Owners Thread - Page 11 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #101 of 467 Old 09-13-11, 12:18 AM
Senior Shackster

Thanks I was referring to the background noise. Eg. When you have a quite scene in a movie you can hear a hiss in the background.

Thanks it's good to hear that you don't hear it. As I was thinking of the xpa5 or picking up the upa2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 467 Old 09-13-11, 01:23 PM
Senior Shackster

Kalani

My System
Re: Official Klipsch Owners Thread

Quote:
magic wrote: View Post
Thanks I was referring to the background noise. Eg. When you have a quite scene in a movie you can hear a hiss in the background.

Thanks it's good to hear that you don't hear it. As I was thinking of the xpa5 or picking up the upa2
I've been thinking of the XPA3. XPA5 seems like unnecessary overkill, if you're using a decent receiver. Surround channels aren't that demanding, after all... it's the front three channels that need the most juice. (And the sub, but that's also a separate amp anyway)
post #103 of 467 Old 09-13-11, 01:47 PM
Shackster

CHiNGOBLiNG

My System
HI ALL. U know when u take a bite of something that tastes RREEEAAALLLYY good. Well imagine RF 7's would sound with REAL DEDICATED POWER to them. Never mind the RC 64....it don't even have to EMOTIVA brand. But for best bang for the buck. An they got 30 day No question asked return.

YOU GOT TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by ILOVEMYHDTV; 09-13-11 at 06:44 PM.

post #104 of 467 Old 09-17-11, 08:19 PM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System

His AVR is very nice and in that room he is not going to need external amplification.
http://www.hometheater.com/content/m...-labs-measures
If anyone wants external amps that is great, but with efficient speakers and at volume levels that will not damage your hearing something like his AVR will get the job done in fine style.
post #105 of 467 Old 09-17-11, 10:13 PM
Shackster

CHiNGOBLiNG

My System

wow. don't buy a amp don't buy a amp; NO ! buy one and enjoy. Hearing !! ??? if it TOO loud, turn it down. For me that to have the power; even if it is in reserve. It is better to have than have not. But it is his choice. An even though my ONK has the power to play my system for over 6 months. When i finally purchase and got it working. I WAS VERRYYY HAPPY. and IMPRESSED. The amp WOKE UP the speakers. If i know now, I have just went with components; or went with a AVR with particular software. But alwell it is what it is and it is great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #106 of 467 Old 09-23-11, 07:27 PM
Shackster

CHiNGOBLiNG

My System

so for a time there was a lot fair to harsh critics; on KLIPSCH BRAND. But for once this critic kinda hit it right. That one needs a low distortion amp to drive them. That junk put in will be junk put out. But i use EMOTIVA EPA 5, but for now:http://www.hometheater.com/content/k...speaker-system

post #107 of 467 Old 09-23-11, 11:27 PM
Senior Shackster

It was a nice review but he doesn't get into examples of low distortion amps or receivers that lean this way.
He used a rotel 1550 but didn't indicate if it leaned that way either... He could have added more JMO.
post #108 of 467 Old 09-24-11, 05:39 AM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System

Quote:
magazine article wrote:
Let me repeat my warning that to get the best out of these highly revealing speakers, you’ll need low-distortion amplification that tends to the warm side.
Like Klipsches in general, these speakers don’t need much power, but they do need clean power.
You also have to be the kind of now old-fashioned listener who’s willing to live in the sweet spot
Overall he said nice things but if you read between the lines its the same old song and dance when it comes to Klipsch reviews.
Highly revealing = harsh
Need low-distortion amplification that tends to the warm side = harsh
Willing to live in the sweet spot = only one place sounds good

I really do wish reviewers would think of the source material being the potential issue first instead of the amplifier or the speakers. There is a difference between being clear and well defined verses harsh and grating. If you hear things with one speaker that you don't hear with another maybe the other speaker just can't reproduce that sound. This has nothing to do with the amplifier.
Far too often I see the warm amplifier moniker tossed out to pair with "highly revealing" speakers. Amplifiers are neither warm or bright or revealing or muddy... if they are functioning correctly and not being over driven they are the same.
Klipsch has the reputation of being a highly directional speaker but I have found that the Klipsch horn provides one of the most forgiving soundstages, the 90x60 horn does provide focus but you don't have to be in the perfect position to hear the clarity and detail of the various instruments any more so than any other speaker.
The one thing he got right (if he had refrained from qualifying it) is the speakers are efficient and don't need a lot of power to produce a lot of sound.
post #109 of 467 Old 09-24-11, 09:12 AM
Senior Shackster
SGA

Quote:
magic wrote: View Post

I have Klipsch Reference 7.0 (SVS subs picking up the 0.2). The front 3 are driven by Emotiva XPA3 and surrounds by Onkyo 3007. For first ~3 months I was driving all with the 3007. I love the XPA, but there is a noticeable hiss. I only hear it when there is nothing on the soundtrack, but it is definitely there and it doesn't matter if anything else is on or even connected. There is zero hiss (at least from the listening position) with the 3007.

But I do love having the power when I need it.

Regards,
sga2
post #110 of 467 Old 09-24-11, 09:52 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
sga2 wrote:

I have Klipsch Reference 7.0 (SVS subs picking up the 0.2). The front 3 are driven by Emotiva XPA3 and surrounds by Onkyo 3007. For first ~3 months I was driving all with the 3007. I love the XPA, but there is a noticeable hiss. I only hear it when there is nothing on the soundtrack, but it is definitely there and it doesn't matter if anything else is on or even connected. There is zero hiss (at least from the listening position) with the 3007.

But I do love having the power when I need it.

Regards,
sga2
Thanks sga2,
I have the upa1's for the front I have had them for a while, when I posted my question it was because the upa2 are on sale and I was thinking of going the xpa5.
I ended up calling emo and they recommended that I use the UP as they have a dead background with klipsch. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.. I think it is because I have that I should have 200 watt mentality. Even thought it seems it isn't that clear cut. Maybe I'll just pick up more UPA1's as it looks like they are discontinuing the UPA line.