Official Klipsch Owners Thread - Page 18 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #171 of 467 Old 07-23-13, 11:50 PM
Shackster

Talking Re: Official Klipsch Owners Thread

well, I bought 5 Heresy II (2 pair Front & Surround & 1 single for Center), kg3 Height, kg2 Wide, (already had kg1 Surround Back), RW-12d & km-rsw Subwoofers; for the 2d system: KM-4 (KG 3.5) Front, Tangent 10 Surround, KSB-1.1 Surround Back, and KSC-C1 Center...still looking for several more...Walnut picking...

for pics:

http://www.avsforum.com/u/8207493/sanchopanza

will load some here and delete the link as soon as I can...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 467 Old 08-01-13, 10:20 AM
Shackster

Re: Official Klipsch Owners Thread

So....Who here owns the Klipsch RF 52 II. How do you like them? I think these are the perfect speakers for my needs and would like to hear some feed back from owners.
Thanks
post #173 of 467 Old 08-01-13, 11:07 AM
Shackster
expresso

I own the 82's and for my living space - turned out to be overkill if i had to do it over - i would go with the 62's - give the 62's a try or consider them over the 52' - you may like them and not much a difference in size or price etc, -

post #174 of 467 Old 08-01-13, 04:27 PM
Shackster

CHiNGOBLiNG

My System
Hi, all. So they overkill, and now u want downgrade so to speak. I would keep them and just manipulate ur sound/dsp's. On the AVR, I 2 have RF82's in a itty bitty MAN CAVE. I LOVE THEM. But if need to replace them look into RB81, I also have 2 pair's, very nice. Whwn I get to some wifi I'll post some pics.

YOU GOT TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #175 of 467 Old 08-01-13, 05:07 PM
Shackster

Yeah I would love the 82s or the 62s but the budget is kind of tight. Crutchfield has the 52s in cherry for $275 ea. Hard to pass that up.
post #176 of 467 Old 08-01-13, 05:20 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
I have the RF-63's and have liked them very much for years. I would have bought the RF-82's but they seemed so much bigger and heavier.
post #177 of 467 Old 08-01-13, 08:24 PM
Shackster
expresso

I had mines for years now - hard to replace them once you experince them and i had to play around the the surroundings - at first i added an EQ to try to tame them a bit - EQ's are great but not the easiest or even best way to solve some issues - at least in my case - i have found the Aphex Exciter - its a processor for lows and highs basically - but i have to say - it works and its great - i didnt think i could get them to sound better with out the EQ , and it did so much better and lower floor noise than an EQ - i have the EQ in my Rack but not connected - i did also treat my walls with Ascoustic paneling and some bass blockers for the corners - alot better now and gives the room a cozy movie theater look at the same time -

when i got my 82's the prices were great , i couldnt pass them up - i just didnt think they would really kick out so much low end in force - they really need a good two feet away from the wall to balance them out - in my case - i dont have the space needed so they are closer to the wall and one is sort of in the corner blocked in - i have them angled which helps and added the foam bass blockers behind them also

it would be hard for me to replace them now that i have it dialed it to where i can enjoy them - but if i had to start over again - knowing what i know in the same space i have now - the 62's would have balanced out better and still kick on the lower end -

now if you are on a budget - i would recommend another brand also - which i have had myself before i got the 82's and worked very well -- i had two KG'3 as fronts and a BIC America center - sub and rears -
they blended in very nice and sounded great with the KG'3 Klipsch - now i had Klipsch for over 20 years and i am not saying that the BIC are better etc, i am considering a BIC set up for a friend who dosnt want to spend too much - i think they are a great Choice if you dont get the Klipsch

the ended up giving them to a family member after i decided to get the 82's - as fronts - the BIC's at that point could not keep up with the 82's - and went with the total 82's setup - center and rears etc, with a martin Logan Sub - i still have the KG'3s running off my Avr and the 82's off the QSC Amp -

bottom line - i love my Klipsch - but the BIC for a budget HT - or just keep costs low - they are worth looking at also - i am actually excited if my friend goes for the BIC - i want to hear them again

even the 52's with a good Sub should be fine - if you can - the 62's - may not even need a sub - i never use my sub with my 82's - only for movies -
post #178 of 467 Old 08-02-13, 02:01 PM
Shackster

Talking Re: Official Klipsch Owners Thread

BUDGET??? try the USED Klipsch market!!! amazing what can be found, especially when WaF kicks in....
post #179 of 467 Old 08-02-13, 07:57 PM
Shackster
expresso

thats true - you can try Ebay also -
post #180 of 467 Old 08-07-13, 08:47 PM
Shackster

CHiNGOBLiNG

My System

i do not have anything to take such low rez pics.. to post on forum

YOU GOT TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.