Official Klipsch Owners Thread - Page 23 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #221 of 467 Old 05-28-14, 11:46 AM
Senior Shackster

prerich

Re: Official Klipsch Owners Thread

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
Hello my name is Jack and I have become a Klipsch addict.
I have recently bought into the sickness with a pair of KLF10's and liked them, had Crites send up a couple new titanium tweeters, loved em, now going with the new crossover and hope to like that as well. Have the C-7 on the way and will surely do the goods there too with some....ahhh....KLF30s on the way too. Does that make me bad ??
So you've come over to the dark side ehh?

Welcome...I think you will enjoy Klipsch vintage speakers - so far its the only brand that I have come back to repeatedly! I was in a push for a Vertical Cornwall but everyone I encountered either wanted to sell a pair or was too far away. I'll take that as a sign that God doesn't want me to do this yet. Anyway - welcome to the brotherhood!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 467 Old 05-29-14, 03:18 AM
Shackster

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
Hello my name is Jack and I have become a Klipsch addict.
I have recently bought into the sickness with a pair of KLF10's and liked them, had Crites send up a couple new titanium tweeters, loved em, now going with the new crossover and hope to like that as well. Have the C-7 on the way and will surely do the goods there too with some....ahhh....KLF30s on the way too. Does that make me bad ??

Me too! I'm bracing a pair of KLF 30's that had none at all I'm getting ti diaphragms and Crites rebuilt crossovers. Should be here by Fri.

Since you are getting the KLF 30's are you going to use the KLF 10's as surrounds? I can't decide what surrounds i should get. I'm thinking either the 30's, 10's, or RS7 or something else?
post #223 of 467 Old 05-29-14, 04:07 PM
Shackster

MAD SCIENTIST

My System

The first Klipsch speakers I bought were RS-42ii. They worked very well for surround speakers. I then bought a pair of RF-62ii for the front speakers and a RC-52ii for the center. Sold the RS-42ii and bought a pair of RS-52ii. These seem to give me much better surround sound. Then sold the RF-62ii and got RF-82ii. Made a slight difference, but I eventually sold the RF-82ii and got RF-7ii. These gave a sound that was much better than the RF-82ii. I got a RC-64 for the center speaker. I would have bought the RC-64ii but I got a great deal on the older speaker. It sounds great even though the tweeter is a different size than in the RF-7ii. I had a pair of RS-10 for awhile for back surrounds but sold them and got RB-61iis. Hope to keep this system for a long while (no more money to spend). I got an Emotiva XPA-5 to power all but the back surrounds. This amp make everything sound much clearer and I can now pick up individual instruments that I never could before. I bought an XPA-200 for the back surrounds. If the XMC-1 every comes out I will have to think about it.

post #224 of 467 Old 08-04-14, 08:29 AM
Shackster
Lou

Question Re: Official Klipsch Owners Thread

I have a pair of RB-61s and really like the sound of them and the detail. I compared the RB-61s to a pair of Polk RTi A5s for the last month. I like the sound of the RB-61s better (more accurate and better transients) but the imaging and soundstage are not as nice as the RTi A5s.
Questions:
1. Will RF-62s provide better imaging and soundstage then the RB-61s?
2. Will the RF-62s sound ok only 12" from the side walls and 18" from the back wall. Separation between speakers will be 8'. Distance to listening position 7'.

Room is 11' x 20' with a 7' high drop ceiling and 9" of fiberglass in joists. I plan to build a partition wall 13' from the front wall which will be open framed with 4" of fiberglass to allow sound to pass to the back of the room where the furnace is and reduce reflections from the concrete walls and furnace in the back part of the room. I am thinking soft ceiling and soft back wall to make the room seem taller and longer.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
post #225 of 467 Old 08-09-14, 09:29 AM
Shackster

My first Klipsch was KG4.2 which I got it as a present from my dad 22 years ago. Still working well. Just that the new RF series has better clarity over it when I compared it. The KG4.2 is now being used in my study room for music.
post #226 of 467 Old 09-29-14, 02:36 AM
Shackster

CHiNGOBLiNG

My System

pretty bleak and lacking.....BUT I am still jamming on my 9.3 KLIPSCH SPEAKERS. In my SHOE MAKER THEATER.

YOU GOT TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #227 of 467 Old 10-06-14, 04:47 PM
Senior Shackster

Does anyone have the rs 41 ii's? If so are they any good? My wife ordered me 2 of those and the rf 62 ii's.
post #228 of 467 Old 10-06-14, 05:10 PM
Shackster

MAD SCIENTIST

My System

Quote:
bxbigpipi wrote: View Post
Does anyone have the rs 41 ii's? If so are they any good? My wife ordered me 2 of those and the rf 62 ii's.
I was using a pair of RS 41ii's as back surrounds. They were not bad, but certainly did not keep up with and sound as good as RS-52ii or RS-42 ii, both of which I had at one time. Still have the RS-52sii. When I was setting the system up and using test tones you could definitely tell the sound was not as good as the other speakers.

I now use RB-61iis as back surrounds. They are okay, but wish I had gotten RS-42iis (can't afford anymore RS-52iis).
post #229 of 467 Old 10-06-14, 05:23 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
macromicroman wrote: View Post

I was using a pair of RS 41ii's as back surrounds. They were not bad, but certainly did not keep up with and sound as good as RS-52ii or RS-42 ii, both of which I had at one time. Still have the RS-52sii. When I was setting the system up and using test tones you could definitely tell the sound was not as good as the other speakers.

I now use RB-61iis as back surrounds. They are okay, but wish I had gotten RS-42iis (can't afford anymore RS-52iis).
Are the rb 61 ii's better than rs 41 ii's?
post #230 of 467 Old 10-08-14, 04:23 PM
Shackster

MAD SCIENTIST

My System

Quote:
bxbigpipi wrote: View Post
Are the rb 61 ii's better than rs 41 ii's?
In my opinion the RB-61s are better sounding than the RS-41s. This is kind of expected since they have six inch speakers instead of four inch. Of course the RS-41 has two tweeters, but I still didn't like the sound all that well.

I would have gone with another pair of RS-52iis if I had the money. RS-42iis might have been okay but I sold mine a long time ago and I do not remember how they sounded. Never heard the RS-62iis due to price but I bet they would really sound good. I would love four of the RS-62iis but that will only be in my dreams.