Official Klipsch Owners Thread - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 467 Old 03-22-09, 03:26 PM
Shackster
gnatnoop

Re: Official Klipsch Owners Thread

I have owned Heresy II's, why i sold them I'll never know.

I'm considering Khorns for a seperate listening room. The room is 14' wide by 12' 6" deep and 9' ceilings.

What do you think, is this too much speaker for this size room?

Last edited by gnatnoop; 03-22-09 at 03:27 PM. Reason: clarify considering 2 khorns, not khorn singular
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 467 Old 04-04-09, 09:55 AM
Shackster
gnatnoop

I'm a Klipsch owner again (after a lapse of 25 years).

Just had Khorns delivered last week, driving with a Jolida integrated. Pulling out all the CD's again!
post #23 of 467 Old 04-05-09, 06:56 PM
Senior Shackster
Tim

I own a pair of B3's now it's not much i'd call the classic klipsch but they sound nice to me. I use them as rear surrounds in my HT.

they are a warm and clear sounding pair of bookshelf speakers for thoes not famuliar with them. I have enjoyed them greatly and look forward to trying other speaker lines fomr klipsch

thank you for reading my post.

post #24 of 467 Old 04-05-09, 07:17 PM
Shackster

Tom

I currently use: B3 fronts, C3 center, Quintet III's (x4 surrounds), Sub-12 (modified). They are nice sounding speakers, but I will be upgrading in the near future and I'll most likely stay with Klipsch.
post #25 of 467 Old 07-13-09, 11:18 AM
Shackster
kfalls

I've have Klipsch speakers since the mid 80s. I started with a pair of KG4's then added another pair for Dolby surround, then eventually a pair of Kg2 for a 5.1 system with three Kg4 up front and the Kg2 in the rear.

I updated the surrounds to RS-3 front and rear (Yamaha RX-V2095 had front effects channels). I later added a KV3 center and regrettably sold one pair of Kg4s. I purchased an SW8 sub for upper bass and added a custom-made ACI Saturn compound 2-12" subwoofer.

I'm currently running the 7.1 Klipsch system using the Kg4s as mains, the KV3 as center (occasionally changing it out to a KLF-C7 when the mood hits me), RS-3 front effects and rear surrounds, SW8 sub for upper LF and ACI Saturn compound subwoofer for lowest freq. I have no intention of ever selling the Klipsch'.
post #26 of 467 Old 07-14-09, 10:25 PM
Shackster
Zen

Quote:
kfalls wrote: View Post
...I'm currently running the 7.1 Klipsch system using the Kg4s as mains, the KV3 as center (occasionally changing it out to a KLF-C7 when the mood hits me), ... I have no intention of ever selling the Klipsch'.
Hey kfalls, I am curious in what situation you would change center channels....Inquiring minds would like to know. ;-) Nice setup btw.
post #27 of 467 Old 07-15-09, 09:19 AM
Shackster
kfalls

I had purchased the KLF-C7 because I thought it would be a better match for the Kg4's 8" woofers. Although it does have better bass than the KV3, it wasn't as coheisive. It sounded as though the sound was going over my head no matter how I tilted it. I use it when I watch very dynamic movies and DTS sounds better with it than DD. Also I have it, so feel bad letting it go to waste, so I use it occasionally. I believe it's a better match with one of their other lines. The KV3 has been the best I've found to mate with the Kg4s.
post #28 of 467 Old 07-16-09, 09:32 AM
Shackster
Zen

Quote:
kfalls wrote: View Post
... Also I have it, so feel bad letting it go to waste, so I use it occasionally. I believe it's a better match with one of their other lines. The KV3 has been the best I've found to mate with the Kg4s.
Thanks for the explanation and I understand about it hard to get rid of speakers after receiving a good deal...I have several myself. ;-)

Fwiw, the KLF C-7 is an excellent center channel and was voice matched to the KLF-30s and 20s (which are 3-way speakers) and definitely aren't considered a "lower line." I have mine paired with KLF-20s along with RS-3s and a KSW 15 (being powered by a Denon AVR 3803) in my W/O room and that system ROCKS when I am working out.
post #29 of 467 Old 07-16-09, 10:20 AM
Shackster
kfalls

I made no implication the C7 was from a "lower line" only a different line. It just wasn't a good fit in my system. I've heard both the KLF20 and 30s and believe them to be excellent and dynamic speakers. It's no surprise they "ROCK". I just have more of a taste for the Kgs, but I'm not sure what line they're from. I've heard the Fortes, Quartet and Chorus' from the same line and enjoy them.

I've also heard a lot of good reviews about the Hereseys, but I find them too bass-shy. It's just my preference. Klipsch is one of my favorite speaker manufacturers, but I haven't always agreed with the path some of their more recent lines have taken. They used to be a very good value, but their prices have continued to climb over the past five years or so. They're not the value they used to be.
post #30 of 467 Old 07-16-09, 05:32 PM
Senior Shackster

Erle

My setup:

3 Klipsch THX Ultra2 KL-650 (LCR)
2 Klipsch THX Ultra2 KL-525 (rears)
2 Klipsch THX Ultra2 KS-525 (surrounds)

And of course 3 subwoofers, a Marantz AV and amp, and a Neptune Equalizer to make them sound awesome!

Life is good