Official Klipsch Owners Thread - Page 35 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #341 of 467 Old 02-22-15, 03:49 PM
Senior Shackster
The Shark

My System
Re: Official Klipsch Owners Thread

Well, my speaker upgrade is going to have to wait a while - I decided to have a custom lifted golf cart built instead. It's going to be sweet! I'm pretty happy with my setup right now anyway - listened to Nirvana: Live at the Paramount earlier and it felt like I was there. It's worth noting that I raised the crossover on my RF-62 II's up to 80 Hz and I like it much better. The PB13 Ultra does better with the bass anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #342 of 467 Old 03-07-15, 06:31 PM
Senior Shackster
The Shark

My System

Worldwide Stereo has a great deal on the RF-7 II's in a limited edition Walnut finish! Looks awesome!
post #343 of 467 Old 03-18-15, 10:48 AM
Senior Shackster

craigsub

Tom - You asked for more Klipsch posts .. In 2001, I purchased a pair of Klipsch Belles, and loved them. I sold them in 2004 to a forum friend who was quite the cool guy. He had a 7 year old daughter with serious health issues, and wanted a killer theater, as that was pretty much all she could do - she passed in 2006. He had visited our place with her, and she just went nuts over the big picture (120 inch screen) and the sound. He could only afford $2000 for speakers, and it was an easy decision to let go of the Belles just for the smile on her little face as we loaded them onto his truck.

I never regretted selling the Belles for to this gent, as it was better that he was able to spend as much time in the family theater with her as possible.

Last year, as much as my wife liked the sound of our "Chase Home Theater 10's", she was not thrilled with the black box look. And I had missed the sound of Klipsch Heritage. SO ... we bit the bullet, and got a pair of Lascala II's and the RC-64 II center channel (And we need to update our pictures). We LOVE both the sound and look of this system.

Here is a link to Sam Tellig's review of the Lascalas ... The picture in the review is the exact speakers we now have.

http://www.tubeaudio.be/wp-content/u...786_eprint.pdf

post #344 of 467 Old 03-18-15, 04:50 PM
Senior Shackster
The Shark

My System

Quote:
craigsub wrote: View Post
Tom - You asked for more Klipsch posts .. In 2001, I purchased a pair of Klipsch Belles, and loved them. I sold them in 2004 to a forum friend who was quite the cool guy. He had a 7 year old daughter with serious health issues, and wanted a killer theater, as that was pretty much all she could do - she passed in 2006. He had visited our place with her, and she just went nuts over the big picture (120 inch screen) and the sound. He could only afford $2000 for speakers, and it was an easy decision to let go of the Belles just for the smile on her little face as we loaded them onto his truck.

I never regretted selling the Belles for to this gent, as it was better that he was able to spend as much time in the family theater with her as possible.

Last year, as much as my wife liked the sound of our "Chase Home Theater 10's", she was not thrilled with the black box look. And I had missed the sound of Klipsch Heritage. SO ... we bit the bullet, and got a pair of Lascala II's and the RC-64 II center channel (And we need to update our pictures). We LOVE both the sound and look of this system.

Here is a link to Sam Tellig's review of the Lascalas ... The picture in the review is the exact speakers we now have.

http://www.tubeaudio.be/wp-content/u...786_eprint.pdf
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Klipsch! That's a great post - very sorry to hear that his daughter passed. I wish I had a dedicated room that I could go with some larger klips horns.
post #345 of 467 Old 03-18-15, 08:32 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Craigsub. Great story.
post #346 of 467 Old 03-18-15, 09:45 PM
Senior Shackster

craigsub

Thanks, guys - Klipsch and I actually go back to the 70's (which makes me feel OLD) ... and it's always amusing when people make fun of Klipsch for being "bright" or "harsh". Tellig's review of the Lascalas is spot on - the microdynamics of these speakers is first rate.

Our "basement theater" has a pair of vintage 1956 Electrovoice Georgians. Until a few years ago, Electrovoice made the drivers for the Klipsch Heritage speakers. Eminence does them now, and still models the drivers after the Paul Klipsch specs from decades ago.

The Georgians were the EV version of the Klipschorns ... and for 59 year old speakers, they are amazing. For perspective, the TV is a Panasonic 65 inch plasma. The Georgians in their home:

post #347 of 467 Old 03-19-15, 12:14 PM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System

I would like to have enough space to place my speakers that far away from the TV, it would really improve everything about the soundfield.
post #348 of 467 Old 03-22-15, 09:44 AM
Shackster
dtr20

I have klf20's for my mains, a kv3 for my center, klf10's for my sides, kg1.5's for my rears, with an old Cambridge soundworks psw1 subwoofer. I also have a set of kg3.5's not hooked up and a set of klipsch belle's not hooked up. I love the looks of the belle's but they never really sounded right for some reason, so they never made it to the main system.
post #349 of 467 Old 03-30-15, 08:38 PM
Senior Shackster
The Shark

My System

Well fellow Klipsch owners, I couldn't wait and upgraded to the RF-7 II's and RC-64 II in beautiful Cherry! I though these things looked great when I put them in place, but once I turned them on, I was blown away! These aren't just sternum punchers mind you, they have a clarity in the highs and mid-bass, that I've never heard before. The soundstage is so wide it's unreal. My wife was a bit dismayed at the size at first, but then I played some scenes from the Dark Knight Rises, and she was floored. Even admitted that it was worth the upgrade. If you are looking for a stellar deal, go to Acousticsounddesign.com. Unbelievable prices.
post #350 of 467 Old 03-30-15, 09:19 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System

Quote:
Tom Riddle wrote: View Post
Well fellow Klipsch owners, I couldn't wait and upgraded to the RF-7 II's and RC-64 II in beautiful Cherry! I though these things looked great when I put them in place, but once I turned them on, I was blown away! These aren't just sternum punchers mind you, they have a clarity in the highs and mid-bass, that I've never heard before. The soundstage is so wide it's unreal. My wife was a bit dismayed at the size at first, but then I played some scenes from the Dark Knight Rises, and she was floored. Even admitted that it was worth the upgrade. If you are looking for a stellar deal, go to Acousticsounddesign.com. Unbelievable prices.
Pics or it never happened! What about that hot rod golf cart as well?