Official Klipsch Owners Thread - Page 37 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #361 of 467 Old 04-05-15, 11:32 AM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System
Re: Official Klipsch Owners Thread

From my seat it looks like there are fewer new members showing up seeking help and the ones that are showing up are just registering without asking questions or when a question is asked often times they never post more than a single follow up.
It also does not help traffic when someone shows up that obviously needs help and argumentatively rejects answers/advice offered. The core group here rightfully stops responding.
I participate in several forums and the lower traffic is not just here, across a variety of subject matter the forum traffic is lower.
The give always are great (I am always pleased when a longer term active member wins).
Unfortunately the little rush to generate 25 posts doesn't result in anything substantial to actually discuss.
Almost everything works better and works better together than it did even 5 years ago,
Even entry level AVRs/HTIBs set speaker levels and distance automatically.
Maybe people just need less help, or use Facebook/YouTube/Instructables instead of forums to get answers.
YouTube has grown into a monster of information that includes video showing exactly how to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 467 Old 04-05-15, 11:47 AM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
You make a very good point with the immensely valuable YouTube being a go to for many seeking help. I myself use it for most things that I need help with. Having a visual aide to walk you through step by step is outstanding.
post #363 of 467 Old 04-05-15, 03:00 PM
Senior Shackster
The Shark

My System

Quote:
chashint wrote: View Post
From my seat it looks like there are fewer new members showing up seeking help and the ones that are showing up are just registering without asking questions or when a question is asked often times they never post more than a single follow up.
It also does not help traffic when someone shows up that obviously needs help and argumentatively rejects answers/advice offered. The core group here rightfully stops responding.
I participate in several forums and the lower traffic is not just here, across a variety of subject matter the forum traffic is lower.
The give always are great (I am always pleased when a longer term active member wins).
Unfortunately the little rush to generate 25 posts doesn't result in anything substantial to actually discuss.
Almost everything works better and works better together than it did even 5 years ago,
Even entry level AVRs/HTIBs set speaker levels and distance automatically.
Maybe people just need less help, or use Facebook/YouTube/Instructables instead of forums to get answers.
YouTube has grown into a monster of information that includes video showing exactly how to do it.
I certainly agree with many points you made, but as a member of several other forums too, I still see a lot of traffic in some. Many of us that actively participate in the forums always have been part of the niche group that are actively changing their systems and/or are first adopters. I've always seen a lot of new comers enter and quickly leave, as many of us actives can be very impatient when a newbie fails to listen or becomes argumentative, like you mentioned. Yes, You Tube is a growing monster and will provide the vast majority of the people out there with the simple information they need to get their HT gear setup, but for those that are true enthusiasts, they will need these forums.

While I'm not always active here, mostly due to the traffic, I am at many others and can say that without these threads, I wouldn't know half of what I need to about HT. I started as a guy that thought Dynamic mode was amazing and loved my HTIB, and truly believed PDP's were horrible technology. Now I'm the proud owner of some of the greatest speakers ever made, in my opinion, powered by an external amp hooked to a great receiver I use as a pre/pro and own two of the greatest Plasmas ever made - unfortunately one of them is not a Kuro.

post #364 of 467 Old 04-08-15, 06:05 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
The amp shootout here has given me a small dose of the upgrade bug. For the moment I've talked myself out of that but thinking about upgrading my front L/R. I currently have Klipsch rf-82 II's matched with the rc-64 II. I've found some deals on the rf-7 II's well below MSRP and it's got me seriously mulling it over. When shopping I was able to listen to both and couldn't justify the price difference but now I'm thinking of pulling the trigger. Anyone here make that leap and if so what are your thoughts?
post #365 of 467 Old 04-08-15, 06:25 PM
Shackster

MAD SCIENTIST

My System

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
The amp shootout here has given me a small dose of the upgrade bug. For the moment I've talked myself out of that but thinking about upgrading my front L/R. I currently have Klipsch rf-82 II's matched with the rc-64 II. I've found some deals on the rf-7 II's well below MSRP and it's got me seriously mulling it over. When shopping I was able to listen to both and couldn't justify the price difference but now I'm thinking of pulling the trigger. Anyone here make that leap and if so what are your thoughts?
I went through a lot of different reference series speakers. Started with RS-42ii, went to RS-52iis--sound much better--could not afford the RS-62iis.

Started with RC-52ii, then RC-62ii and finally a RC-64--The RC-64 makes the other two seem like jokes.

Started with RF-62ii, then RF-82ii and finally RF-7ii. The RF-7ii sounds a lot better than the RF-82ii. Seems to open up the sound stage and I can hear each individual instruments and singers. Of course new amps probably helped.
post #366 of 467 Old 04-08-15, 06:38 PM
Senior Shackster
The Shark

My System

Quote:
I agree with macromicroman. I just went from the 62 II's to the 64 II and RF 7 II's and there is no contest. The 7's will easily trump the 82's, they really open up the soundstage and cross the line between speaker and reality. Even my wife comments on how everything sounds so natural and real, whereas, the 62's sounds great, but they just didn't have the realism and soundstage the 7's do. Buy from AcousticSoundDesign.com. Great deals and fast shipping.
post #367 of 467 Old 04-08-15, 07:02 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
Tom Riddle wrote: View Post
I agree with macromicroman. I just went from the 62 II's to the 64 II and RF 7 II's and there is no contest. The 7's will easily trump the 82's, they really open up the soundstage and cross the line between speaker and reality. Even my wife comments on how everything sounds so natural and real, whereas, the 62's sounds great, but they just didn't have the realism and soundstage the 7's do. Buy from AcousticSoundDesign.com. Great deals and fast shipping.
That was one of the vendors that I've found that offer them at well below MSRP. I would imagine the difference you encountered was substantial considering the jump you made. I remember the 7's sounding better than the 82's but not enough to justify the difference in cost. Finding the 7's much cheaper has made it much easier for me to justify the cost. I also have a rc-62 II I need to sell that would help to offset the cost.
post #368 of 467 Old 04-08-15, 07:07 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
macromicroman wrote: View Post
I went through a lot of different reference series speakers. Started with RS-42ii, went to RS-52iis--sound much better--could not afford the RS-62iis. Started with RC-52ii, then RC-62ii and finally a RC-64--The RC-64 makes the other two seem like jokes. Started with RF-62ii, then RF-82ii and finally RF-7ii. The RF-7ii sounds a lot better than the RF-82ii. Seems to open up the sound stage and I can hear each individual instruments and singers. Of course new amps probably helped.
Thanks for the feedback. I've followed a similar upgrade path as you and a part of me wishes I had just gone all in from the beginning. I still have rs-42 II's for my surrounds but I'm ok with them. I've had every center channel in the Reference lineup but I've stuck with the 82's as that was my initial purchase. I really need to stop reading the shootouts because it always makes me start wondering what I could do to improve my setup!
post #369 of 467 Old 04-08-15, 08:03 PM
Senior Shackster
The Shark

My System

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I've followed a similar upgrade path as you and a part of me wishes I had just gone all in from the beginning. I still have rs-42 II's for my surrounds but I'm ok with them. I've had every center channel in the Reference lineup but I've stuck with the 82's as that was my initial purchase. I really need to stop reading the shootouts because it always makes me start wondering what I could do to improve my setup!
I know what you mean - the upgrade bug has a nasty bite.
post #370 of 467 Old 04-08-15, 08:12 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System

I have the Rf-63's and have thought about Rf-7's but someone told me(not sure who) it may not be worth upgrading. I bought the 63's over 83's thinking they would be more manageable to move why did I use reason. Also have the rc-64 I always buy the best center and 4 rs-62 bought two originally and got two more on close out our setup isn't optimal but it all works well enough. I keep looking for a deal on some Rb-81's for front height speakers,but maybe to cheap to buy them.